" You've got to be shitting me!" I hissed as I began to shake the locked motel room door violently. Why wasn't I smart enough to remember to keep the door unlocked? " Open, you damn door!" I screamed as began kicking it, frusturated and scared to find out what Logan would say when he found me out here with a huge bruise on my forehead. Damn it!

Dad, I thought I asked for your guidance and help? Are you guiding me to Logan's bad side and helping me get closer to being buried 6 feet under ground!?

" C'mon Dad! Help me out here!" I hissed under my breath as I looked around, ready to break in the room through the window. Pacing the ledge of the second story, my eyes finally landed on the motel's office. Smiling, I quickly ran down there and almost pulled the glass door off of it's hinges as I swung it open. " I forgot my room key in my room!" I said as I approached the front desk where a short asian man sat behind it, staring at me through those large spectacles he wore.

" Okay, can I see your i.d. to verify that that is your room?" the man said with a very heavy chinese accent as he crossed his legs.

" No, it's, my..." what the hell do I call Logan?" guardian's room. I forgot my key in there and I can't get in and he told me to be back in that room before 1:30, and look at the time already. So if you'll please help me....." I said, my hands unconciously intertwining with eachother in a pleading fashion.

" No can do miss, I'm sorry. I need an i.d. present." the man said, that little smirk on his face making me want to throw him in that cage with Logan.

So I decided to accept my fate and sat dreadfully in front of the motel rom door with that ache in not only my chest or stomache, but my whole torso aching. I held in my cold tears in the cups of my eyelids as I watched the cars zoom by on the main road. People who had rooms on the same floor gave me wierd looks as they stepped over my long legs that were sprawled out carelessly on the ground.

" I don't even need to ask what your doing out here, kid." Logan's voice boomed from the top of the stairway to my left. Too ashamed and embarassed to even look at him as his footsteps approached, he grabbed my arm and pulled me up to my feet before opening the motel room door that now had a scratched up paint job from me trying to beat it down.

I followed him into the motel room that seemed to go tsk-tsk with disappointment from disobeying Logan. Silently placing my tush on the bed, I grabbed my suitcases, ready to leave like he told me earlier. We left the motel room and seeing that I was having difficulty dragging my suitcases down the stairs, he grabbed them from me and carried them as if they were as light as a feather. I hesitated before following him to the car and as soon as it took off, my butterflies disappeared with another city that we were leaving behind.

" I know you followed me to that bar...." he began slowly and sounding unsure of what he was going to say next, ".....you know you shouldn't have. Kids like you shouldn't be seeing that time of crap."

Getting fed up with him calling me a kid, I lashed back, " I'm not a kid. I'm 17, Logan." trying to match the ice and hardness he always had in his voice.

" If you still need someone to take care of you and get picked up when you fall, then in my book, your still a kid! Watch your tone with me, ~kid~! I'm getting tired of your brattiness..." he said and quickly shoved another cigar in his mouth, I'm guessing to calm his nerves.

" We've only been together for 3 days. I don't understand why you dislike me so much. I'm trying real hard to like you Logan, but your making it pretty diffcult right now. And everytime I try to be nice, you do something to just knock me down." I mumbled, fuming more to myself instead of Logan because I found that if I were to say things outloud, it helps me release steam whether anyone hears it or not.

That awkward silence came and I sighed, wishing I had a bottle of knockout gas so I could breathe it and pass out during moments like these. Maybe if I put my feet in Logan's shoes I'll understand why he acts like he has a pole stuck up his ass.

Well, I'm guessing that he's been living on his own for quite a while so it must be hard adapting to a 17 year old girl coming into your life. It all made sense to me right now.

" I know it's hard to be with me on the road like this, and I'm sorry if I'm making your life more difficult." I said, trying to sound as apologetic as I could, hoping the anger wouldn't take over my voice.

I felt kind of stupid when he didn't answer back, but I kept my pride and held my head high. Just one year and then he'll be over with, Marie. Just hold on for one year.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry that this is such a short chapter. I'll extend the next one, but please rate and review. Thannks!