Author's Chapter Notes:
Same concept, Logan's point of veiw. A little shorter but not by much. Feedback is appreciated!!!!!
He knew the scent the moment he entered the foyer. There was no mistaking it. She was just outside the door, and he could practically drown in the anxiety she had to be feeling. Part of him wanted to throw the door open and drag her in through the doors. But that wasn’t going to happen. She had left once, he didn’t want a repeat in that behavior. So much had changed through the years, he wasn’t sure if she would recognize her home. He wasn’t sure if it would hurt her to know just how different some people had turned out to be.

The minutes passed slowly, and he wondered what was going through her head. He had screwed up the last time; but he wasn’t going to make the same mistake.

It had hurt when she had left without a word ten years ago. Hurt more than he would allow himself to believe. He had been too wrapped up in himself to realize that she needed him… and that, just maybe, he needed her, too.

No one else had really taken any offense when he had distanced himself from everyone else when they had returned from Alcatraz. It wasn’t like he hadn’t been the friendliest member of the house hold before. But he had taken into avoiding her, also. He hadn’t realized what that would have done to her. At the time, he hadn’t wanted to allow anyone to be close to him. It hurt too much and it was just easier to just stay away.

And then he had woken up one morning and realized that it didn’t hurt so much any longer. Of course, it was still painful to know what had happened and what he had done in the name of mankind. He knew that he had been avoiding her, and he knew he had to make it right. So he got up and dressed quickly before setting out to find her.

He should have seen it coming.

~~~~~~~~“She’s gone, Logan. Has been for awhile now.” Storm was sitting in her office, going over budgets and paperwork to prepare for the upcoming school year, just around the corner, when he had barged in, wanting to know what was really going on. He hadn’t been able to find her and half the school was filled with new students who did nothing but quiver and sniff when he asked about her.

“Well, where did she go? When the hell is she supposed to be back?” He growled at the new headmistress of Xavier’s School For The Gifted.

“Logan, first of all, I am not one of the students. That growl doesn’t scare me. Second, Rogue is an adult now. She doesn’t have to answer to anyone.”

“The hell she doesn’t…” And then he realized something, a hidden meaning behind her words. “She’s not coming back, is she? Where the hell is she, Storm?”

“I don’t know. She didn’t even say where she was going. Logan, she didn’t even say good. I think she wants to try it on her own. She never said anything, or even gave any signs. One day she was here, the next, she was gone.”

He was almost speechless. She had left without saying anything. Not even a goodbye. To anyone. He rubbed the bridge of his nose, feeling a headache trying to break through his healing abilities. “How long, Storm.”

“I really don’t think that rele…”

“How fucking long?” He growled, and this time she really was frightened. He could feel the metal in his hands itch, wanting to be unleashed. “No fucking bullshit.”

“Over a month now. Logan…” He didn’t stick around to hear what she had to say. He turned abruptly, walking out of the office and back to his room. He made one stop before heading back to his room. Opening the door, he glanced around in disbelief. It was completely empty. Not even a memento of the person who had lived here. He couldn’t control himself any longer. His claws unleashed and a few pieces of expensive furniture was destroyed before he left the room, heading to his own. It would be at least two years before the majority of the school was comfortable around him again. And even that comfort was a little on the strained side.~~~~~~~~

But now he stood on one side of the heavy oak doors, knowing she was on the other. He had promised to take care of her once, and it seemed if that promise had been doomed to fail since he had made it. Sure he had saved her life on that statue, all those years ago. But he hadn’t really been that great of a protector since then. He had just been way to wrapped up in his own emotional turmoil to realize that she needed him more than anyone. Even the ice prick.

He couldn’t take it anymore. He yanked the door open, his eyes meeting hers for the first time in years.

She had changed quite a bit in the last ten years. She still had the same white streaks and big brown, but the girl he had known was long gone. Her face had grown leaner, her cheeks not so round. Her bone structure was more pronounced. She had the shadows of crows feet appearing at her eyes, and the beginnings of smile lines around her lips. Her lips themselves had even changed. They seemed fuller, almost. But was that even possible. He knew who this was, but it was almost like seeing a stranger for the first time.

“What the hell?” The moment he said it, he knew it was the wrong thing.

Her eyes went wide and she appeared to have stopped breathing. “This was a mistake. Maybe some other time.”

She turned and began to run to the front gates. She must have left her car there and walked up after putting in her code. He ran after her, catching her by the arm almost as fast as she turned to run. He whipped her around and into his arms, crushing him against her. He wasn’t going to make the same mistake twice. He wasn’t that much of an animal.

“Not this time, Darlin,” he whispered tightening his hold on her. “Not again.”
Chapter End Notes:
Alright, this should be the only time that I do the same scene from both points of view. Might do it again if the mood strikes latter on, but doubtful. Just wanted to give Logan's side to the story.