Story Notes:
I will not embarrass myself by telling you how long it took me to put together less than 500 words! (but you try concentrating when Lord of the Rings is on the tv in the same room and you've got Orks screaming at you from the surround sound behind you!)
Disclaimer ** Wolverine and Rogue and all the x men belong to Stan Lee, Marvel Entertainment, and 20th Century Fox.
I own nothing – I just borrow them but I always give them back!**



Title: Light and Dark.


As I lay in the darkness of the night I pray that dawns light will not appear. In the light I am alone, in the dark I am with you. I dream of you, I see you.
I feel you.


In the dark you call out to me, every night your waiting for me and I can't help myself, each and every time I reach out for you. I'm selfish I know but I need to hold on to you. You kiss me, you touch me.
You heal me.


In the light I am wrapped in guilt and remorse but I cannot stop, I still will the dark to never end so I can stay with you. I watch you. I hold you.
I drown in you.


In the light I am cold, lifeless and scared, scared that the light is all I will ever have but in the dark when I loose myself in your warmth I dream my dream. You stay with me, never leave me.
You love me.


In the light I tread water, gasping for air, trying to survive while I wait for the dark. In the dark I can breathe. You calm me, you revive me.
You restore me.


In the light my demons surround me, stealing the life from me, suffocating me. In the dark you are there to help me chase them away. You shelter me, you comfort me.
You strengthen me.


In the light you are gone and each time you leave me I am lost, trapped without you and it hurts. In the dark I am free. No pain, no loneliness.
I am at peace.


In the light I know you deserve more than me, so much more than I am or that I could give but you take away the agony and the emptiness in me. I need you to claim me, complete me, take possession of my soul. It’s yours, I’m yours.
You own me.


In the light I can feel the moisture behind my eyes and I try so hard not to let the tears fall, I fail every time and I can't ignore their existence as they begin to flow. In the light I am fading, falling. In the dark you catch me, you protect me.
You save me.


In the light I try to pretend that I’m not dying, that I can live without you. I try to persuade myself that I don't see you there, with me, inside of me, but in the dark my defences shatter and leave me, they reveal the truth - right or wrong I want you, I need you.
I love you.


Stop me from falling.
Take me out of the dark and love me in the light.


The end.