Logan wasn’t sure if she had seen them, but he wasn’t about to take that chance. It was good that she had, though.

“What are we going to do, Logan?” Rogue asked quickly, standing protectively in front of her family. “She’ll kill them.”

“My momma’s a bitch, I’ll give you that, Marie,” Cody said, stepping out from behind her, “but I really don’t think she’d kill anyone.”

“That ain’t your momma, kid,” Logan growled as he forced Cody to sit down on the couch. “Rogue, you sure that Mystique isn’t working for Magneto? Anything in Danvers’ memories that would say other wise?”

“I don’t know. Do you think I got a minute to look through, again?” Rogue asked as she pulled a small hair tie from her pocket and tied her hair back in a bun. She could feel the eyes of her parents and Cody on her; all wanting to know what was really going on. “What’s she doing, anyway? You think she knows we’re here?”

“Yeah, she knows,” Logan muttered. He slowly peeked out of the window, carful not to be seen. From what he could see, she was just standing there, observing the house. She was no longer shaped as Cody’s mother, though. She was back in her own skin, so to speak. “It looks like she’s waiting for back up. I think I could go out there and handle this myself.”

“Oh no you don’t,” Rogue said quickly, walking across the room to where Logan stood by the bay window. “You’re going to help me get my family out of here before something happens to one of them, you hear me. Now, just give me a second.”

Logan watched as her eyes glazed over. Her parents were crouched on the floor, watching her closely, and Cody was just sitting on her couch, staring in the direction of the bay window. It was only a few seconds before Rogue gasped and returned to them from where ever she went to inside her head. “I didn’t see Mystique, but I think there is reason so believe that Danvers wasn’t as high up in ranks with Magneto as she thought she was. It seems that, after he got his abilities back, he would disappear for days at a time. The only person that he would take him was Pyro. Danvers only thought she was a big deal because Magneto would leave her in charge.”

“But he wouldn’t bother telling her where he was going. Meaning, the only person who knew what he was up to was Pyro, and he could damn well be working with Mystique again,” Logan said quickly. Rogue could practically see the wheels in his head turning while he was thinking, trying to come up with a plan. “Do you think you can do a quick scan of the area to see if anyone is around?”

“I can try, but keep an eye on me. I don’t trust Phoenix and I think this would be the perfect opportunity for her to do something stupid and get everyone killed.” Rogue concentrated again, her head tilted to the side as her eyes glazed over. She felt a slight tug from someone in her head as she tapped into her telepathic abilities, but quickly pushed it aside. She wasn’t sure who it was, but she knew that it wasn’t Phoenix. It would have been a whole different battle otherwise. She could feel everyone in the room instantaneously. Her parents were full of fear and anguish, while Cody was not only scared, but also a little confused. She just didn’t have the heart to tell him that because Mystique was impersonating her, chances were his mother was already dead. She pushed a little further and was overwhelmed with an onslaught of thoughts, most of which were focused on one thing.

“You want the bad news first?” Rogue asked with a little giggle. Logan threw her a look which said to stop playing around. “We’re surrounded. I didn’t hear anything from Mags, but he’s here. I heard some of their orders. It seems that they don’t know that you aren’t the big metal man anymore, so they think that Magneto will take care of you. For once, the sound of your name doesn’t strike fear in their hearts when it should.”

“Get on with it, Darlin,” Logan growled, peeking out the window again. He knew there was more, could almost feel her trying not to say it. “And?”

“And, all they want is me,” Rogue whispered. She wouldn’t meet his gaze, already knowing what was going on in his head. It didn’t take a psychic to read what he was thinking. “Alive, Logan. If I go peacefully, they retreat. Mystique is waiting for orders to ask me to talk to her civilly. She’s going to offer me a deal. If I go with them, peacefully, then they won’t hurt anyone. They know what I am capable of.”

“Rogue!” They heard someone yell from the yard in a sing song voice. “Come on out. I just want to talk.”

“What’s the good news, Darlin?” Logan asked gruffly, hoping that she had some kind of plan to get everyone out of here safely. He looked at her, hoping to see something that would make him happy. Instead, he saw tears in her eyes, a quivering smile on her lips.

“That was the good news. The only way to make sure my family survives this is if I make another sacrifice.”
Chapter End Notes:
Went back to using Rogue instead of Marie in this one. Wanted to use a different name for the different circumstance. Sorry if I confused anyone!!!! :)