Author's Chapter Notes:
Twist!!!!! Came to me while I was writing.
The first thing she noticed was the smell of antiseptic and sterilization. She new exactly where she was before opening her eyes. It could be either one of two places. Trapped in another of Logan’s nightmares or the med lab. But she didn’t have that sick feeling in her stomach whenever she had a nightmare. Meaning that it must be the med lab. She slowly opened her eyes and saw the high ceiling, and new she was right. She sat up cautiously, feeling the pull of the IV in her arm. She pulled it out without looking, her star landing on the chair hidden in the shadows of the corner of the room. It was completely empty.

No boyfriend. No best friend. Not even a doctor monitoring her health. No one. She had saved all of their asses, and not one of them could even check in on her. She could feel the tears well in her eyes as she realized this.

Slowly, she pulled herself out of bed, her legs strong and powerful, just as before. It must have been a side effect of Logan’s healing gift. Her heart wrenched unexpectedly, and she could feel her tears begin to spill over. She would not cry, though. They weren’t worth it.

She would deal with that later, though. Right now, she just wanted a shower. She was still covered in dirt and grime. She felt the anger in side herself burn brighter as she realized that they hadn’t even taken the time to clean her and cloth her. She was still in the same bra she had worn when she took down Jean. The same pair of pants, only now crisp and burned to almost nothing. She had a feeling that they would fall apart the moment she tried to push them off.

A few minutes later, she found herself in the shower, letting the hot water spray over her as she found herself on the floor, unable to control the sobs that seemed to come out of no where. She had taken a life and no one seemed to care.

~*~*~*~*~*~

He had watched her via the security cameras. Had been for the week that she had been laid out. There was nothing physically wrong with her. But mentally, well, no one could be sure.

He had wanted to be at her side when she awoke, but it wasn’t his place. At least that was what everyone else said. He hadn’t wanted to listen, but he knew deep down that they were right. It was that ice brat’s job. Her so called boyfriend. Man, did he ever want to gut the little prick. He would spend 20 to 30 minutes a day in there, reading or doing homework, before rushing out to be fawned over by the over opinionated girl who looked like she was twelve. What was her name? Idiot? Two timing his coma induced girlfriend. The woman who had saved all their sorry asses from a threat even greater than Magneto. His claws itched just thinking about the punk.

But he promised Storm that he wouldn’t touch him. Rogue would have to handle it in which ever way she saw fit. And he had promised to steer clear of both the icepack and Rogue’s room until she awoke.

But she was awake now, and no one was down there for her. Not even to say thank you. Well, he would be. He had to be.

~*~*~*~*~*~

She stepped out of the shower, wrapping herself in one of the thick towels that hung on the rack. She would have to find something a little more adequate to cover her body before she ventured upstairs to her room. Of course, she could just go stark naked and freak everyone out. She smiled a little at that.

Opening the door, she found herself knocked back by a scent that was as familiar and welcoming as it was strange. She had to be delusional.

Tightening the towel, she ventured out, her eyes automatically locking with his as she closed the door behind her. For a moment or so, they could only stare at each other, neither sure of who should make the first move. She did.

With out inhabitation or thought for safety, she dove into his arms, and, for the second time, lost control. She finally spoke as she felt his strong arms encasing her. “I am so sorry. I really am, Scott.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

He was too late.
Chapter End Notes:
Feedback please!!!! Will explain everything in next chapter!!!!!!!