She watched the plane take off with tears in her eyes. She knew he would be fine, that he would return to her soon.

She felt a little disoriented, though. Everything was happening so quickly, she could feel herself strain.

A hand landed on her shoulder and she nearly jumped out of her skin.

“He’ll be alright. He is the big, bad Wolverine, you know?” Jubilee whispered behind her. “He’ll be back in no time. Why don’t you go get into something more comfortable while I make us some coffee? We’ll meet up in the surveillance room.

Rogue nodded her agreement, turning to leave. She walked out in a daze.

~*~*~*~*~*~

It was around five in morning by the time they had their plan ready. Everyone had agreed that while Storm and the others would protect the facility against the strong hold, Wolverine and Thunderbird would go after Magneto.

Warpath and a few of the other inmates would have to handle those on the inside. It was going to be a hell of a fight.

“Alright, everyone needs to get into position. We don’t have that much longer, now,” Storm said as she led the way off the jet.

“Wait!” Psylocke exclaimed just before they opened the hatch. She had been silently scanning the area as they concocted the plan. “The brotherhood is here, already. They’ve been given orders to attack.”

“We’ve figured that,” Bobby said as he rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, but Magneto’s not with them. I can’t feel his mind.”

“So, he’s wearing his helmet.” Storm interjected, wanting to get on with it.

“No. The petite is right,” Gambit interjected. He had only been on the team for a few days, but he had proved himself as an able thief and fighter. They had needed all the help they could get, and so the Cajun was asked to suit up, also. It was only by sheer coincidence that he could fit into one of Cyclops’s old uniforms. “I’m an empathy, remember? Don’t matter what he’s covering his head with. I would still feel his emotions. He’s not here.”

“Neither is Pyro,” Psylock said softly. “The man in there is a shape shifter.”

“Mystique?” Storm asked, her attention finally grasping on.

“No, a man named Morph. Something else is happening. Something even bigger.”

“Where?” Logan asked quietly, fear grabbing his heart.

“At the mansion.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

By the time the other’s realized their mistake, it was too late. Rogue, Emma, and Jubilee were already defending the school and students against the onslaught of the more powerful mutants of the Brotherhood.

Jubilee, who had started her training a week before, was only barely holding her own against Quicksilver, a man whose mutation was super speed, while Emma was in the fight of her life against a mutant with hex ability, Scarlet Witch.

Rogue was busy trying to mentally and physically trying to dodge the metal objects being thrown at her from Magneto himself. Her claws were out and she was using the ice abilities, but it wasn’t enough. She hadn’t figured out how to call on her magnetism abilities yet, and, even though she had an idea of how to use fire, there was no flame around. She knew that there was no way to transform into her metal form, and she was too worried about unleashing her psychic abilities without more practice. It was just too dangerous, and she would rather giver her own life than to unleash Phoenix again.

That really only left her with one choice. She had to get closer, though. She had to be closer to fight the mad man one on one. Close enough to touch him. She already had a peace of him inside her head. If she could just grab him long enough to put him out, then she could helped the others without fear of turning metal.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“How do you know they are there?” Logan asked as the plane rumbled to life under his feet. As soon as it was apparent that they were leaving, Psylocke picked up thoughts of retreat from the members of the Brotherhood that were camping out just outside of the prison. This entire thing had been a diversion to get them away from the mansion.

“Morph’s mind. He was having a hard time not to jump for glee when he realized his plan was working. But his mind was running hard on the information. No one took into consideration the fact that you would have another telepath with you.” Psylocke shrugged as she fastened her safety equipment. “He really isn’t the most stable mind.”

“How soon can we be back?” Logan asked Storm, watching her take the controls expertly.

“Forty-five minutes, at the most. Just depends on the weather.”

“Then, for the sake of your health, you better make damn sure the weather is good, Witch.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

She was almost there, now. Just a few more inches, and she would be able to scratch him with her claws. She inched forward slowly, her deadly skin on and buzzing, thirsty for life after all this time of nothing. She could almost feel his energy at her finger tips, his life force.

She could see it in his eyes. He knew what was coming, and knew that he was now backed into a wall. There was no escape from her, nothing. She was almost to him, now, only a breath away, and she could see the fear in his eyes. Fear she had never felt would be so good to see.

And then the air was pushed out of her lungs as something strong and heavy collided with her, something she hadn’t expected and hadn’t even looked for. She could smell a woman on her, but she couldn’t see. Her thinking was clouding as the personality of a woman she didn’t even know existed swamped her mind.

Desperately, she tried to shut off her natural mutation, but, by the time she was able to gain control again, Rogue had another person in her head, and more blood on her hands.
Chapter End Notes:
I like it better when she has super strength and can fly....