When Magneto had seen her stand up from her fight and the promise of death in her eyes, he had known the she knew everything and had quickly called back his people to retreat. The woman she had killed had been his back up support, and with her gone, he was left open for anything.

She watched him go, Emma and Jubilee joining her. The first floor of the mansion was a disaster. Although it seemed that the only room that would have to be completely rebuilt was the kitchen area Magneto had come through, the rest of the area would have to completely renovated. The furniture was destroyed and the electronics were useless.

“They won’t come back. Let’s check on the children,” Emma whispered, not taking her gaze off the area Magneto had retreated through. The area that was once the kitchen.

“What about her?” Jubilee asked, nudging the dead woman on the floor with the toe of her boot.

“Leave her for now. She’s not going anywhere,” Emma replied as she turned to lead them to an elevator to the lower levels. They had spirited the children to the Danger Room for protection, leaving a few of the older teenagers in charge of the younger with explicit orders to sit tight.

~*~*~*~*~*~

They were with the children explaining the events that had happened when the others returned. Logan took her into his arms, holding her as tight as possible, burying his head in her hair. He let his hands roam over her body, looking for any sign of injury.

“She’s fine, Logan,” Emma snorted, looking at him wearily. “If not for her, we might not have survived the attack.”

“Want to tell me what happened, Frost?” Logan growled angrily, needing something to take his frustration and fear out on.

“Sure, as soon as we get these children organized and settled. We will all meet in the Briefing Room.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

They had all worked together, reassuring the children that everyone was safe. After speaking quietly to Emma, Beast went to remove the body before any of the children saw it.

“Alright, everyone. It seems that Magneto set up the prison break as a diversion to attack here. Rogue, were you able to gain any information?” Emma asked, looking at her pointedly.

“That and more,” she replied quietly. “If you don’t know already, I was in a position where I could touch Magneto and put him down. It seemed the only possible solution at the time. I had no intention of hurting him, only knocking him out long enough to take care of the other two mutants with him. What we did not know was that he had a fourth person. She knew of my abilities and blindsided me before I could do anything. As a result, she touched my bare skin. For unknown reasons, I could not gain control until after it was too late to spare her.

“Her name was Carol Danvers. She was a very gifted mutant. The ability to fly, super strength, invulnerability, and a psychic ability that, while not strong enough to ready someone’s thoughts, she was able to strengthen to use to block her own mind, explaining why we were unable to detect her.”

“And the other two?” Kitty asked softly.

“The man was named Pietro Maximoff. Also known as Quick Silver. He has the ability to run very fast it seems. The woman, Wanda Maximoff, is his twin sister. She is more of a witch mutant. She can do powerful hex’s and spells. Alter perspectives. Very powerful. If they had been used more efficiently, they may have been able to pull off what they were doing. Fortunately, Magneto is a cocky man.

“An interesting information is that Pietro and Wanda are Magneto’s illegitimate children. One’s he only discovered recently. Their one objective was to keep anyone else busy while Magneto came for what he wanted.”

“And what was that?” Emma asked, listening intently. She hadn’t been able to gleam anything off of Wanda, and had been a little to preoccupied to even try Pietro. It was grating on her nerves that it took Rogue to use deadly force to get the much needed information. Guilt was eating at her nerves.

“Me,” Rogue said with a sigh. “It seems that Magneto has an acquaintance who is a cognitive. She can see the future, or what could be the future. It seems that she had a vision concerning myself and Magneto. Something that scared him to his core. Unfortunately, Carol did not know what the vision was. It seems the only person he told was Mystique. Meaning, Mystique has also regained her abilities. All that I know is that it’s big.”

“Alright. Now we know what he is up to. Rogue, I would like to run…”

“No.” Rogue cut off Emma completely, already knowing what she wanted to say. “I am not going to go threw that again. I had Carol under control the second I had my skin under control. I’ve been dealing with this a lot longer than you’ve even known I existed. I am not going to be poked and prodded because of what is happening in my mind. I have control, and I can control her abilities with ease. I just have to watch my own strength.”

“Then what next?” Emma asked, feeling a little fearful. She could feel Rogue’s energy and anger in the atmosphere. It worried her that Rogue might be wrong, but she wasn’t going to push the subject.

“Rogue, we must know what is happening in you mind,” Storm said, coming to Emma’s defense. “We have other people here that we must take care of, children who need to know they are safe. If there is something in this woman’s mind that you do not see…”

“I see it all, Storm. Every single bit. There is nothing more that would be useful to keeping your school safe.” Rogue rubbed the bridge of her nose with her thumb and fore finger. She knew what came next, but she wasn’t sure how the others would deal with it. “I understand your concern, and, I assure you, you don’t have to worry about the students. I’m leaving. I need to get away for awhile, anyway. Magneto is after me, not you. He won’t come here again. And I need to clear my head, too. I have some thinking that I need to do, and some people I need to talk to.”

“Where will you go?” Psylocke asked slowly. She and Rogue had become close over the last few weeks and couldn’t help but worry about her mental stability.

“Home. To talk to my parents. Find out what they know about my real parents. To find out if my real father is alive. And then to find Magneto and to see what he wants with me. I know where his base is and I want to know why I scare him so badly.”

“You can’t go alone, Rogue. It’s not reasonable. What if you lose control?” Storm asked cautiously.

“I’m not going alone. Logan’s coming with me. He made up his mind the second I said I was leaving. Just ask him.”

Logan only shook his head in agreement, knowing that it was true. He would follow her to the ends of the Earth if she asked. He would do it even if she didn’t.

“We’ll leave in a week. I want to make sure everything is in order first, and that my parents know I am coming. I would hate to go all that way and they not even live there any longer.”