Story Notes:
Thanks to Wolf for beta this story for me. Its been on my mind for about a year now and I though it was time to finally write it lol.

P.S. I dont know why its added it to a series, its not tho.
“Okay, let's go through this just one more time to make sure that everyone knows where to go. Scott, you and Jean are in car 1, which can hold up to 8 children. Storm and Kurt are in cars 2 and 3, which can hold up to 10 children each. Logan, you are in 4, which can hold up 5 children. Kitty, you will be in car 6 that can hold up to 8 children. Bobby, you will be in 7 which can hold up to 10 children, and Hank you will be flying the Blackbird to get the rest of the children out of the mansion grounds.” It was like any normal team meeting, giving feedback on the last mission, what had been found, if any new mutants had to be located. But today’s was a bit different. Over the last few months more and more mutants had started disappearing. It was feared that the Friends of Humanity or even worse the government where taking them off the streets, some even taken from their own homes.





This was not unnoticed by Charles Xavier, so to make sure that his children were protected, he had set up an emergency escape plan, which would allow all his X-Men and his children a chance to start over.





“Location and information sheets are located in the glove boxes, each in an envelope which also contains money, credit cards, cell phones and other value resources. Each of you and the children have been given fake names and passports just in case, and the children have also been advised to pack an emergency bag and to keep it under their beds,” Charles looked around the table at his X-Men. He could sense the worst coming their way. It was only a matter of when.





“Also, before I forget, each location has someone already there looking or living in the place. They are friends of mine and will be awaiting you. They will help you get into a routine of living there and help to get you and the children on your feet. Does everyone understand?” Charles again looked around the table, each one nodding their understanding.





“Good, well that’s all for today, I will see you all at dinner.”



With that, the team went their separate ways,Charles to his office to make sure everything was in order, Bobby and Kitty to the rec-room, Kurt and Storm heading up to their rooms, whilst Hank and Jean headed to Med-Lab, leaving just Scott and me.





“Why is it that you only get 5 children? You should have more.” Typical Scott, to be bitchy about anything to do with me.





“Listen, One-Eye, Chuck knows I can’t have kids around me too long, and thinks I will probably drop them somewhere and then go, so the less the better.” Shows how much they trusted me with the kids' lives. I knew I would never do that to any of the kids. If their lives were in my hands, I was gonna make damn sure that they stayed alive, no matter what.





“Yeah, well, knowing you, you would get drunk first then leave them,” replied Scott. Turning my back to him, I walked out of the room and headed for the garden. I needed a smoke, and I needed one now.





It seems like I have been here forever, but in truth I have only fully lived at the mansion for 5 years, after Charles had asked me to come and teach the older children how to protect themselves in case of a fight. Before that I had done a few odd jobs around the country, either for Xavier or just people I’ve made friends with.





Although I’ve lived here for five years, it has never felt like home, just a stopping place along the way to wherever I was going, which was the hard part because I’ve got no clue where I was going, what direction my life was taking me. I’d given up on my past two years ago after twenty-five years of dead ends. All I have now is teaching, fighting and fucking any lady with a pulse. I liked the fighting and the fucking part of my life; it’s just the teaching part I didn’t like. Having to teach a bunch of horny teenagers how to protect themselves in armed and unarmed combat is not fun. The bitching from the kids I could take, ‘cause all I have to do is show the tip of my claw and they shut the fuck up. What really pissed me off was the fact most if not all of those randy punks can't seem to keep a tent from popping up in their pants whenever they see one of the females in some skin-tight work outfits, and the girls are just as bad as the guys. I’m seriously gonna have to talk to Chuck about splitting the boys and girls 'til they get their hormones in check.





Looking out over grounds, Logan watched the student’s going about their day-to-day lives, hanging with their little groups, completely unaware of what was happening beyond the gates of the mansion.





Looking around, Logan noticed all the different groups, the older students sitting in circles, laughing at something the Asian kid dressed all in yellow said; the ‘just’ teens playing basketball; the kid with bright red hair complaining about the use of powers. And the younger students, ones that are barely 5 years old, playing on the jungle-gym, all except one, a small girl with jet black hair standing in the far corner trying to hide behind the doll in her arms.





“It’s scary, isn’t it? To think that all of these children could end up on the streets, or in a lab,” the professor said wheeling out to join Logan. Logan just remained silent, keeping his eyes on the landscape.





“Logan, this fight is coming. It’s already on our door step. It’s not a matter of where any longer, it’s a matter of when. And from the information I’m getting from sources, it’s not going to be long before a strike takes place on us. Please keep an ear and nose out, and if anything feels off, just let me know right away, okay?” Without looking at him, Logan put out the rest of his cigar and walked back into the house.





The thought of a strike on this place was unthinkable; so many innocent lives were here. Families had trusted Charles with their children’s lives, sending them to him so they wouldn’t have to face what was coming. The others, the ones without the families, laying their own lives in the hand of Charles Xavier and his team of merry men. I pray for all those here that a strike doesn’t come knocking on their door steps. And if it does, well, I’m gonna make sure that I’m not goin' down without putting up a big fucking fight.
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you liked the first chapter. Chapter two should be out by next sunday fingers crossed. :D