Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey everyone, sorry this took so long to get out but my hard drive went BYE, BYE on my desk top where the only copy of this story is saved.

Thankfully it worked long enough for me to save this story some stuff onto a external hard drive.

Also IE does not like me adding this story onto the web site, (thank you Safari)

I would also like to thank everyone that has stuck with me through this story and sorry that it has taken me sooo long to get an update out there.

Any way, hope you like the new up date.
“Right now listen up, these are where your bedrooms are, the girls have the room on the left and the boys have the room on the right. One of the main rules I have here is that you stay in your own bed at night. If I find out that you’ve sneaked into the other bedroom there will be a price to pay are we clear?” the group nodded their heads in agreement to Rogue. Peaking into the girls’ room it was quiet large, there were 6 single beds 3 on each side of the room with a small side table and trunk at the end of the beds. The boy’s room was a mirror image of the girls.

“Right once you’ve settled into your rooms will meet in the living area to discuss all of the house rules and routines,” the kids broke into groups and headed for their rooms. I walked into the girls room and placed Abigail on the first bed by the door.

“You stay here with the girls, I’m gonna talk to Rogue and find out where I’m sleep okay?” Abigail gave a small nod, I stood and looked at Jubilee and Jane who had chosen beds at the end near the large window. “Watch her,” I commanded in a hard voice. Walking out of the room I closed the door be hide me and found Rogue still on the landing looking down at the living area below.

“So, where do I sleep?” I asked joining her. Rogue didn’t even glance over at me, just kept staring down. “Well that depends you could sleep in the room with the guys,” I let disapproving huff. Rogue turned her head to look at me, “Or there’s another room for adults the first door to the left of the girls room,” she turned her body and pushed herself of the landing rail. As she walked past I grabbed hold of her arm.

“And what about you darling? Where do you sleep,” as I held her arm I let my thumb make small circles over her sleeve. Rogue looked down at my hand then back up to my face, she then placed her right hand over mine and stepped closer to me bring her head up so that her mouth was level to my ear. At first she didn’t do anything, just breathed into my ear, and damn if it wasn’t getting me a little hot under the collar. Rogue then began to speak in a low, husky voice.

“As far away from yours as I can get,” and with that she yanked my fingers back which held her arm and pulled my hand back the wrong way. “And what did I say about touching me,” she then let go and headed down the stairs. Damn that hurt, for a small woman she sure does have some straight be hide her. Shaking my hand out, I reached down and picked up my discarded bag and headed to my room.

The room was large, almost the same as the girls room. The room contained a king size bed with frame, two night side tables with lamps, a large wardrobe and draws for my clothes an en-suite bathroom. On the far side of the room there was a large window overlooking the area, there wasn’t much to be seen apart from trees and the mountains, the closes town was at least 5 miles away so which was located on the other side of the house, so the view was just pure, untouched nature. The Wolverine in me felt at piece with the thought of just the wild surrounding him, through be told so did I. The school wasn’t that far from the city and even from there when the wind blow strong I could always get a whiff of it.

I reached into my coat pocket and pulled out a cigar, lighting it and taking a few puffs letting the scent was over me. As I looked over the view I had to wonder, how was it a girl like Rogue was able to live out here in total seclusion and not go mad, let alone survive out here.

“What have you gotten us into Charles?” I asked looking up towards the sky. Finishing my cigar I turned and started to unpack my things, shoving my clothes into the draws I throw my back pack into the wardrobe and just stood in the middle of the room.

“Now what?” I asked myself, deciding I’d had enough of the room I headed out the door and walked down the landing to the girls bedroom. I popped my head in quickly and saw Jane and Jubilee carefully folding their clothes up and placing them in the trunks. Jubilee had packed some pictures of her friends from the school and was placing them on the night stand next to her bed. I glanced quickly over to Abigail to find her sitting on her bed with her bag of clothes next to her. Walking into the room without knock I stepped over to her bed.

“Need some help there kid?” Abigail turned her head up to look at me and gave a slight nod. Picking up her bag I moved to the end of the bed and open the lid of the truck, I started to tip all of the clothes I’d bought her into the trunk then realised she’d probably wanted them folded up. Quickly tidying up the clothes to look neater I closed the lid and looked at her. “All done,” I turned and walked out of the room and headed down to the boys room to see how they were getting on. Peaking in I saw John and Mike sitting on their beds opposite each other throwing a baseball back and forth.

“Hey you two done unpacking?” Mike caught the ball quickly and both stood up looking right at me. “Yeah,” replied Mike, “Not that much stuff to put away,” he was trying to hide the ball be hide his back.

I gave them a nod, “Good,” and turned to leave. As I moved back out the door I quickly popped my head back in and said, “Oh if you’re gonna play ball inside don’t break anything,” I warn then continued back down the landing. As I reached the girls room again Abigail was standing at the doorway waiting for me to come back. I stopped in front of her and gave her a questioning look. She then reached out and took hold of one of my large hands in her small one and started to lead me towards the stairs. Quietly we descended the stairs together hand in hand, when reaching the bottom Rogue was nowhere to be seen in the living room. So I head over towards the kitchen and there she was, back to the door, leaning back in her chair, feet crossed placed on the table and large bottle of Southern Comfort in her hands.

“Don’t you think it’s a little early to be drinking?” not like I hadn’t drunk at this time of day before. She didn’t move from her positions just lifted the bottle to her lips and took a large pull from it.

“With our lives, it’s never too early to be drinking,” she said without turning round. “Besides it takes a lot more than this,” holding up the bottle, “to get me drunk,” she took another swing from the bottle whilst removing her feet from the table and in the chair to place her arms and the bottle on the table.

“So, where are the others?” she turned her head to look at us. Although she asked about the other kids, I could see in her face she wasn’t really interested about them. With my free hand I just pointed a finger upwards towards the roof. Rogue huffed and took another pull from the bottle.
What the hell is with this woman? It’s not like we wanted the government to attack and force us into her life. You’d think she’d be happy for some company being stuck up here all alone. Now I’m the first to admit that those kids up stairs drive me insane, more so than the other kids at the school. But they need protecting from anything and anyone, including a bitchy, two-faced, head too far stuck up her own drunken butt, putting them in anymore danger or making them feel any less worthy then they do now. Bending down, I place both hands on Abigail’s shoulders and turn her to face me. “Hey Kid, why don’t you go check out the living room while I talk to Rogue for a sec, kay?” leaving no room to argue I gently pushed Abigail back out of the kitchen and closed the door be hide her.

As I turned round to face Rogue, she had moved from her seat at the table to standing at the sink with her back still to me, still drinking. Marching over I grabbed the bottle out of her hand and spinning her around to face me.

“Now you listen here, no one is happy about this situation. Do you think any of us wants to be stuck in this house with a stuck up bitch like you?” she was getting pissed at me, well good. I moved further into her personal space, crushing her body against the counter with mine. “I don’t get what the hell is up between you and Charles but that is not our problem, so don’t take your anger out on them. This isn’t theirs or my fault, so don’t bother blaming us,” her chest was heaving against mine as she breathed hard with anger, my own breath match hers. With my face so close to hers I could see the fire burning in her eyes, the smell of her anger was coming off in waves, and I have to admit it was a damn turn on.

“Logan?” A voice called from the other room. Rogue continues to hold eye contact with me, not even blinking. I hold her gaze right back, not willing to give into this fight for dominances.

“Hey Logan, you in here?” Mike calls out from be hide the kitchen door, Rogue flexes her gaze over to the kitchen door breaking eye contact with me. “I’ll be right there,” I keep staring down at Rogue even though she hasn’t looked back up at me. I watch as her should slump in defeat, still not meeting my gaze. Rogue sides steps away and moves around be hide me, “We’d better get in there,.... before they break anything,” she whispers without either of us turning round to face one another. I hear her slowly move her way over towards the door then takes a deep breath before walking out of the kitchen. With her out of the way I take in a deep breath, run my hands through my hair then turn and head back out into the living area where I hear Rouge laying out the rules.
Chapter End Notes:
Sooo, what do you all think? R&R