Author's Chapter Notes:
I've had a very depressing weekending, which will most likely move into the week. I will try and get chapter 3 out by next sunday if I don't I'll say my sorrys now as I am in mourning for a very beloved pet.

Hope you all like this chapter.
Charles was right: it was only a matter of days, in fact four days to be precise. The attack came at night, while the children were tucked in bed, and the adults likewise. Men, dressed top to toe in black, invaded the mansion. If not for the sound of a distance helicopter I would have been caught off guard. As luck had it I had woken up in time to take out six guards on my floor and set off the warning alarm. The alarm was a very loud siren which could be heard from anywhere on the mansion grounds.



Students started running from their rooms and down to where they had been told to go during a raid. Not all the students were lucky to make it to their post. The men in black had tranquilizer guns with them and weren't afraid to use them. Several had been shot into me, but I was able to pass it off, thanks to my healing factor. Making one last swipe of the mansion and taking out some more guards, I made my way down the silent corridors. Someone had cut off the alarm, which I was grateful for, as it was painful on my enhance hearing. Walking past the professor's office, I noticed the door wide open. Taking a peek inside, the smell of death laid in the room. Looking around I noticed a figure laid across the table. There laid Professor Charles Xavier with a hole in his head, his eyes still locked open, the look of shock remaining there. Obviously Charles had tried to reason with them, but instead paid for it with his life. Reaching over, I placed his hand over Charles' eyelids and closed them.



“Goodbye, old friend.”



Hearing a small cry in the dark corner, I walked over to find the small girl with jet-black hair curled into a ball, crying into her doll.



“Please don’t hurt me,” the whispered plea left her mouth. Without a word, I scooped the child into my arms and ran for the lower levels.



From the looks of it the men hadn’t gotten down here yet, which allowed the others to escape. All that was left was the black SUV with four very frightened students around it.



“Everyone get in the car and buckle up. Here take her,” I passed the small child in my arms to the Asian girl dressed all in yellow pj’s. “What are you standing around for? Get your asses in this car NOW!” Turning my back on the scared kids, I ran to the driver’s side of the car. Doing one last check to make sure all their buckles were in place, I revved the engine and gunned it out of there.



I was hoping we would go unnoticed like the rest of the team. No such luck, just as we passed through the gates of the mansion, an army helicopter flow above our heads, shining a big mother fucking light on the truck.



“Shit, we got to lose them,” I said to no one in particular.



“Leave it to me,” the Asian girl said, started to wind down her window.



“What the fuck are you doing?” I was looking at her in the review mirror.



“Trust me,” and with that she leaned the top part of her body out the window and raised her arms above her head. The next thing I know there were fireworks of some sort started to come out of her hands and flying towards the helicopter. The pilot started to lose control. Gripping onto the stick, he pulled up as hard as he could to avoid the fireworks, leaving the fuel tank an open target. With one last force, the Asian girl sent a huge wave towards the fuel tank making the helicopter explode.



Pulling herself back into the SUV, the Asian girl looked around at the other passengers and smiled. “Well that should buy us a bit of time.” I didn’t say anything to her, but turned my eyes back to the long, dark road.



Driving down as many side roads as possible, even going back on myself a few times to make sure I had fully lost them, I started to head to the city limits, making sure there was enough space between them and us. After another half hour of driving like Evel Knievel, I finally looked back at the kids I had in the car with me. Five very scared faces started back at me. Oh, this was gonna be fun.
Chapter End Notes:
fingers crossed for chapter 3 next sunday.