Author's Chapter Notes:
*Crawls out from under rock* Umm Hi guys remember me? No well that's okay it has been a long time, a VERY long time. Sadly real life got in the way of things, (not to mention a very back case of writers block) but I finally got inspired to continue this story. So here it is the next chapter hope you like it.

P.S. sorry about any spelling/grammar I'm dyslexic and don't have anyone to read this through.
I’m sick of driving now, I’m sick of the kids, and most of all I’m sick of the situation. I’d spent most of the night back tracking trying to make up for lost time. But eventually I found the turning that lead to the safe house; it was a small slip road leading into the wood. The road was long and winding leading further into woods and up into the mountains.

“Logan? How much longer? I really need to use the bathroom,” Mike asked for the 5th time, to be far we had been following the road for about an hour now, with no signs of the road ending.

“I swear if you asked one more time, when we reach the safe house I’ll make you pee outside, in the snow all the TIME!” Jubilee responded to Mike, she had woken up just as I turned into the road leading to the house.

Being confided in the car for so long was turning all of them mad. The only one that seemed to stay quite throughout the journey was the Kid, she spent most of the time either looking out the window, or asleep against my side. Like right now, her head was resting against my leg, sound asleep holding on to that teddy of her.

“Well if you like Jubes I could always open the window and pee out of it, but then my ass would be right in your face and I know I’ve got a fine looking ass but do ‘you’ really want to be that close to it?” Mike gave her a questioning look.

“Ewwwww. Logan can you please do something about this, this immature child,” she asked looking at me using the mirror. That’s it, I’m ending this now. Using the same mirror I gave them both a hard stare and a growl. “Listen up all of you. If I hear one more complain about having to use the bathroom, I’ll kick you out of the car and make you WALK the rest of way up are we clear?” both just sat there with big eyes. The thought of having to walk in the snow and needing a pee was enough to shut the both of them up.

Sadly with the outburst at the two imbeciles, my body changed from being slightly tense to stiff as a board and on edge, which was enough to wake up the Kid. Slowing opening her eyes looking around the front cabin of the car, then shot up into a sitting position staring at the road ahead.

“Hey Kid, how you doing?” I asked sending her a sideways glance. But as normal for the Kid she just sat there staring off into space. “The pathway seems to be widening, hopefully we might be getting close to the house,” I said to no one in particular. In truth the road did seem to be getting wider.

“We’ll be there soon,” a quiet voice sounded beside me, I glanced over quickly, but the Kid was just sitting there looking ahead into the road, like she hadn’t said anything. “If you say so kid,” I respond back.

And to no lie, about 10 minutes later the pathway open up to revile a large house in the middle of a clearing. I stopped the car at the edge of the clearing so that I could get a good look of the house before heading over.

“Wow, is that it?” Jubilee asked whilst leaning forward to get a better look. “This place is huge, it’s nearly as big as the school,” Mike added in. He was the right, the house was big with a porch running along the front and sides of the house, maybe even the back. It was 3 levels high with a large round window at the top.

“Do you think it’s safe?” Jubilee asked.

“It’s clear, we can’t hear any thoughts,” replied Jane and John in unison. “Well then let’s take a closer look,” switching gears I started to drive over to the front of the house. I pulled up next to the stairs leading up to the porch and switched the car off. Once the car had stopped Mike and Jubilee jumped out, followed closely by the twins. They wondered off to check out the back of the house and the surrounding area.

I unbuckled my seat belt and turned sideways to undo the Kid’s one. “Ready to see your new home?” I asked reaching over to pick her up and take her out of the car. The second she was in my arms her small ones wrapped around my neck again to hang on for dear life.

“Hey Kid, its okay. Nothing is going to happen I promise,” I told her in a soft voice whilst looking directly into her eyes. I started to walk up the steps and onto the porch. Along the porch there were many potted coloured flowers and a wooden swing hang from the top. Peeping through the window I could see a large lounge area with a grand fire place, a stair case leading upstairs and another room to the side, which must be the kitchen area. Everything inside looked clean, “Hmm, Chuck must have a cleaner to keep it nice. Sure would explain the flowers huh Kid?” I asked turning to look at her again. She was also looking at the inside of the house, eyes darting from side to side taking it all in.

“What do you say we go inside and check it out?” she turned her head to look and me and gave a small nod. As I reached the door, several screams shot out at once. Turning quickly I ran round the porch to the back of the house, where I found Mike and John standing in front of Jubilee and Jane with their arms spread out like they were protecting them facing the woods. Looking towards the edge of the forest stood two very large gray wolfs, both snarling and barking at the kids. I bent down quickly and pulled the Kid off from me. “You stay right here till I come back you get me? Right here!” I told her pointing to the porch. With a small nod I ran from the porch and in front of the other kids, releasing my claws with a *snikt*.

“Get back,” I order the kids with a low growl. They slowly started walking backs towards the porch. I keep eye contact with both wolves making sure their attention was on me and not them. They weren’t happy with that and started barking louder and moving towards the house. “Careful Logan,” Mike said from be hide me. But I ignored him, after having to put up with all this shit for the last few days, the Wolverine in me was looking for a good fight and this was just perfect.

As the wolves moved towards the house, I started to slowly move towards them releasing my own growl at them. When we were about 5 feet away from each other, the wolves suddenly stopped moving and sat down. Just like a dog that hand be trained, they all of a sudden just stopped.

“What the hell?” I asked with a raised eye brow. And that’s when I heard it, the click of a shot gun to my right. Spinning quickly I came face to face with the end of a shot gun.

“Do you’ll mine telling me, what the hell you are doing at my house?” the lady asked.

“Your house? Listen lady I don’t know who you are but this place doesn’t belong to you. Now why don’t you do yourself a favour and put the gun down before things get ugly,” I told her in a hard tone.

“Favour? Listen here sugah’s as long as you’ve got those things hanging from your hands, my old friend here isn’t going anywhere. You understand?” she replied back. I looked quickly at the wolves to see that they were both still just sitting there waiting. Making a final judgement I retracted the claws back in and straighten myself up.

I turned back to the mysterious woman and looked her hard in the eyes. She then lowered her shot gun and stared right back. “Who are you lady?” Mike asked softly from the porch. Without taking her eyes off of me, the lady answered.

“You can call me Rogue. And this is my house.”
Chapter End Notes:
Soo what do you think? Hopefully I won't be to long with the next chapter. Till then, piece out.