Story Notes:
I wrote this in just a few hours after having a spontaneous idea this morning (completely ignoring my need to sleep, communicate with the outside world or get done with my homework)

so don't expect too much. I'm just having some fun, and so are L and M.

there's some light Scott-, Jean- and Bobby-bashing. oh and some kinda mean stuff about The OC...I actually love that show, haha.

sources of inspiration: my new necklace with - guess what - dog tags / some guy I saw on Facebook last night / early-season Ryan and the lovely wifebeaters he wears / this one episode of Gossip Girl where Jenny and Agyness dance to t.a.t.u. in their underwear...

things you should know about the timeline: Logan doesn't come back until X3 is over; the whole Jean thing never happened; Marie and Bobby dated but things were a little different; she took the cure when they had already broken up

chapter 1 and 3 from Logan's POV, 2 from Marie's. (chapter 2 is the best one imho)

and now...enjoy the weirdness ;)


oh btw, I actually have no idea if the term "sun chair" exists within the English language...I was trying to describe one of those chairs that are really sort of a bench except they're not...you kind of lie on them, usually in the garden or on the balcony. just to clear that up, haha
"Home, sweet home".

Yeah, not exactly.

Still, this was the closest thing to a home he'd ever had.

Not counting the trailer of course.

Logan parked Scott's bike somewhere near the garage and made his way to the Mansion's front doors.

There were kids hurrying up and down the hallways and he recognized some of the faces. They seemed even more hyper and annoying than usually and the distinct smell of hairspray, books and a not particularly wisely chosen cologne lingered in the air.

Logan made a face and took a quick turn into the kitchen to escape the hallway madness.

Of course there was still no beer in the fridge. Or anything else that wasn't either pink, water, or some flavor of Coca Cola.

In brief, not much had changed since he'd left - what, 3 years ago?

“Look who's back.“

“Scott....“ Logan responded to the greeting, giving him a nod. There was exactly one person in the Mansion he had no interest whatsoever in seeing again – figures he'd be the one to welcome him home.

“How's my bike?“

“Eager to see you, I'm sure.“

“Oh, absolutely.“

Logan wasn't sure whether Scott had caught the irony or not.

“You geeks been doing okay without me around?”

“Haven't been crying ourselves to sleep missing you, if that's what you mean.”

“Too bad,” Logan said, not really paying attention to Scott's attempts at insulting him. To think someone as smart as Jean would wanna be with him...but that was none of his business. What had once been a burning flame inside him was now a pile of ashes. Jean had somehow lost her appeal and Logan wasn't too sure what he had ever seen in her, when someone much more interesting had been around all the time.

“So where's the kid?”

“Which one?” Scott tried to joke but was silenced by Logan's death glare.
“Marie's outside with Kitty.”

“Marie, huh?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Changed her name once - ...well, I'm sure she'd rather tell you yourself.”

Even though Logan was sure that Scott was taking some kind of sadistic pleasure in knowing a secret he didn't, he dropped the subject and made his way to the back door, grabbing a Coke Zero on the way out – this was probably as good as it got. He would eventually have to put himself in charge of the beverage supply around the school, or the kids would never get anything besides diet soda. Yum.

Logan walked through the gardens for a while before he finally picked up Marie's scent and followed it to a small meadow amidst a group of trees. Her pearly laughter filled the air and he felt one side of his mouth curl up into a half-smile.

Quickly regaining posture, Logan stepped through the grass until he was standing behind one of the trees. He cocked his head to the side and finally laid eyes on the one person he was truly happy to be reunited with.

Only he hadn't quite expected to see...that.

Kitty and Marie were both wearing bikinis and had strategically positioned themselves on a couple of sun chairs in order to have every inch of their skin tanned.

They were loosely holding hands and Kitty occasionally turned the page of a magazine she was reading. Several bottles of sunblocker and two empty cocktail glasses stood on the grass between their chairs.

But Logan didn't notice most of the accessories and scenery; his interest was captured entirely by Marie...and Marie's black bikini...and Marie's legs...and his dogtags that she wore on a chain around her neck so that they were positioned right between her breasts....wait, when the hell had she grown those?!
The tags were shining in the sun and moving up and down just a tiny bit whenever she took a breath.

This easily exceeded all the mental images he'd had of her and what she might look like when he returned.

Logan blinked and gave her body another thorough once-over. It couldn't belong to the child he had once said goodbye to on the Mansion's doorsteps, could it? Time definitely had taken its effect on her; in all the right ways and places.

Finally tearing his eyes away from her cleavage, he tried to process the little piece of information that her left hand gave him: it was touching Kitty's and she didn't seem to be in any kind of pain.

Logan smiled to himself with mixed emotions. So she had taken the cure.

He'd heard about it in the news and Marie had immediately come to mind (not that she didn't come to mind at any other given occasion...like when he was driving or eating or, uhm, breathing...?). He had figured she'd take it as soon as she could, and even though she had lost a part of herself along with her mutation, Logan was happy for her.

This was all she'd ever wanted, to be normal. Judging by the happiness she practically radiated, she had made the right choice.

“Hey Marie,” Logan finally greeted her, stepping out of the shade between the trees. He was beginning to feel like a stalker, staring at her half-naked body from behind a tree.