Story Notes:
This is my very first fanfic ever, and I got carried away so it's a bit long. The rating is for violence and adult themes that unwind after a few chapters.

Criticism always expected and appreciated as I hope to write more fics later.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Wolverine takes Rogue away.

AN -In my version Rogue never took the cure.
“This is great,” she moaned, as she climbed out of his jeep and stretched, working out the kinks after the long drive. Sighing, Rogue reached her arms over her head and arched her back as she looked over the scene before her, turning her face to the sun. Nice little cabin by the lake, miles from any neighbor or the town, no school, and no Bobby and Kitty. “Oh yeh, this is just what I needed.” She went to the trailer behind the jeep and backed his motorcycle down the ramp, then flung her leg over it and stretched again before flopping down over the handlebars. She looked ages younger than her 20 years.

She grinned over at the man tossing duffle bags out of the jeep and he smirked at her, nodding, “No phone, no computer, no electricity, and best of all: no X-geeks. Just about as close to heaven as it gets.”

She laughed at his similar thought and bounded off the bike to grab her two bags and dash for the cabin, taking the stairs two at a time. “Lemme in, I want innnn,” she whined teasingly, pretending to wrestle with the knob.

“Alright, kid, hold yer horses,” he grunted as he hip-checked her to the side and unlocked the front door. She pushed him back and ran upstairs, shouting “Dibs on the bedroom!” He sighed, scuffed his hand through his hair, and rolled his eyes. He was going to let her have the one bedroom anyways while he lumped it on the couch or the floor of the room downstairs, so her calling dibs was unnecessary. But he didn’t mind, he’d let her have the whole damn place and a match to burn it with if she asked for it. His little girl got whatever she wanted, especially when she needed a little recuperation after being hurt by that walking popsicle cheating on her with one of the young women at the Institute.


She’d screamed a bit at first at Bobby, then at Logan when he dragged her off Kitty. He had to, as much as he’d cheered her on in his head, because she’d threatened to suck all the life out of the new pipsqueak, holding the smaller brunette by her hair with one gloved hand and snaking another bared hand forward towards the terrified girl’s face, waggling it menacingly as she hissed impressively obscene threats. When Wolverine had frog-marched his girl away Kitty, to her credit, had stuck her tongue out at Rogue but squeaked and accidentally bit it when Wolverine snarled at her.

Rogue was plenty mad, actually she was as pissed as seven devils, but she never cried. That was his girl, tough to the core. Still he knew it hurt her feelings pretty bad to have that walking ice cube play her like that, and she dealt with it by stomping around the institute for a few days, even more moody than usual, scaring almost as many students as Logan usually did. He had to admit, he was impressed; she could work up a damn decent bad mood when she had motivation. It would’ve been almost cute if she hadn’t taken it too far.

It wasn’t until the 4th day post-meltdown when he found himself in the Danger Room with her during a training exercise and he decided enough was enough. Rogue was acting recklessly, throwing herself into the fight simulation with no thought to tactics or planning, just wild fury driving her to attack the automated and holographic enemies with a ferocity that reminded him a bit of Sabertooth, not butt ugly like the the ugly mongrel, but still unsettling. Her close combat and martial arts skills were second only to his at the Institute; they had to be when her mutation only worked on humans and mutants and was ineffective against machines and holo-generated foes. After demolishing a Sentinel with a well placed clawed punch to the power matrix buried in its chest cavity, Wolverine had turned to find Rogue flying through the air right at him, thrown by another mutant hunting machine. He tried to catch her, but she slammed into him and they both flew off the Sentinel he’d been crouched over and crashed 20 feet to the ground, Wolverine flipping in midair to take the brunt of the impact and save her from injury. He could heal, she’d just bitch at being rescued, and he could live with that.

He’d barely groaned from the crushing impact before she leapt up and flung herself back into the fight, leaping high over a Friend of Humanity toting a shoulder-mounted rock launcher, managing to kick him in the jaw as she sailed above him. The FOH had just hit the ground out cold, and she was already moving on to the Sentinel that had thrown her across the DR. She was aiming powerful and precise strikes at the notoriously weak wrist, elbow, and shoulder joints of the behemoth as she skirted up its arm. Just as she’d almost managed to separate the robot's shoulder from its socket Wolverine saw the Sentinel’s other hand swing over to squash her like a bug.

He barked an order to cease the program, and Rogue stuttered to a stop in the middle of her attack, glaring over her shoulder at him, “Why’d you do that?! I was having fun!” He grunted and pointed above her head and, looking up, she saw the hand of doom frozen 4 feet above her head. She grunted loudly, copying her mentor, and hopped down the Sentinel’s arm, pausing only long enough to lash out a final kick at the last shred of metal holding the demolished forearm to the elbow, shouting “HA!” as it crunched to the ground behind her as she landed lightly in front of Wolverine. She even did a little twirl, sassing him as he glared at her, his arms folded over his chest.

“Alright kid, we’re outta here!” He grabbed her gloved hand and dragged her behind him like a naughty kid on her way to time out. And just like a kid whose been busted she tried to dig the heels of her combat boots into the floor and stop him.

“What did I do?! I was just training!”

He snorted, swiveling his head back to glare at her, eyebrows arched down in a hawkish line, “No, you were being stupid b/c you still pissed off over the ice-prick.”

“So what? Ain’t it healthy to work off some aggression?” She waggled her eyebrows at him, amused when he grinned back.

“Yeh, but there’s better ways to do it than demolish a few hundred thousand of Chuck’s dollars in the DR.”

“Oh reeeeeallly…” she drawled, picking her feet up and letting him propel her down the hallways.
Chapter End Notes:
Lot more chapters to come, already written 20,000+ words and only about 2/3 of the way through the story.