Author's Chapter Notes:
I was unreasonably nervous about writing my first sex scene, so I've worked on it a lot...but there will be more tomorrow. The culmination of this tidbit started tonight. Thanks for being so patient.
Wolverine wrapped his arms around Rogue and crushed her to his chest, capturing her lips in a fiery kiss. She tasted even better than she smelled, if that was at all possible. Spice and sweetness, sweat, blood, liquor, all his favorite flavors rolled into the perfect woman. Rogue moaned into his mouth, unable to keep quiet the relief she felt at finally being in his arms the way she’d wanted for so long. His tongue crept forward between her lips and he savored every millimeter of the sweetness of her breath tinged with cigar smoke, the silkiness of her tongue, the blistering heat of her skin pressed against his face. Rogue, as enraptured as she was at Wolverine’s powerful desire for her knew it was not enough, she needed so much more. Even as she pressed every more fiercely against his lips, she dug her hands under his leather jacket and clawed it from him, then wrapped her arms around his back and pressed against him, clutching at his face, wanting only to drown in the feel of his lips on hers. For minutes, hours, several sun-filled days they clutched at each other, hands roaming to place before forbidden, exploring textures and curves and angles.

Rogue finally twined a hand in his hair and forced his head back roughly. “Not here,” she panted.

He looked down at her lust glazed eyes and shook himself. “Right…bed” and moved to sweep her legs up and carry her upstairs.

“No,” she pushed at his chest. He looked at her with an almost pained expression. “Not here, inside. Out there.” And she gestured to the still open door and the dark night. “Please.”

Anything you want.

“Anything?”

Oh shit, did I say that out loud?

She smirked at the expression on his face, took Wolverine’s hand and dragged him outside. “Anything I want?” Rogue’s tongue slicked over his bottom lip, then she latched her teeth onto it and bit down, not too hard but enough to make him growl into her mouth in approval at her actions.

Mmmm. Just like that.

She nibbled again and tugged on his lip. He ran his fingers through her hair, stroking the back of her neck, then traced the edge the collar of her uniform until his fingers found the zipper and he inched it down. Reaching to touch her Wolverine encountered the fifth of whiskey nestled in her cleavage.

Why don’t these come standard on all models? he thought hazily as he slipped the bottle out and dropped it to the floor with a thunk. His hand reached up again, half his mind on the amazing things her hands were doing to his head as she massaged her fingers through his hair, the intoxicating feelings swirling through mind at the sinful patterns she was drawing on bottom lip with her tongue and teeth, and the incredibly soft feel of the skin showing between her curve of her breasts.

Rogue nipped his lip sharply, drawing a hint of blood. “Nah-ah sugah…you gotta win the race to get the prize.” The look in her eyes was playful and positively smoked with desire. “You have to catch me first!” And she was gone, leaping over the railing and jetting towards the lake.

He grinned, licking blood of his lip. A little hunt?

Damn, she does have me in her head.


The idea of chasing her through the wood, trapping her, and stripping her of all that leather was exhilarating. He growled loudly in answer to her challenge, evoking a faint laugh as she ran.

You can’t out run the Wolverine darlin. You don't even want to try.

And he vaulted off the porch and began the pursuit, intent on making this hunt as pleasurable for her and he knew it would be for him. Admittedly, Rogue didn’t try very hard to evade capture, but she gave a half-hearted effort anyways as she knew the thrill of the chase would only ramp up both their lust in a most primal way, ensuring both would be victors at the end.

He tracked her to the far side of the lake, the strong scent of bourbon, sweat, and blood impossible to miss. He lost her twice when she doubled back, but her soft laughter floating through the forest enticed him onward, a siren’s call he could not resist any longer. And there she was perched lightly on a tree limb, hunkered down and balancing on her boot tips and fingers as she looked down at him, eyes glimmering from the shadows.

“Tag, you’re it,” he growled as Rogue sprang lightly to the ground, before doing a tidy handspring backwards to land in a feral crouch near the lake’s edge. Wolverine eyed her appreciatively, all leather and lust.

Lethal combination of the best kind he though to himself, admiring every inch of her, especially the lowered zipper of her uniform and the white gleam of promising flesh beneath it.

“Enough games Rogue, come here,” he growled, his voice low and menacing as he stalked towards her, unleashing his claws.

Rogue unleashed a set of her own. “I’m not playing, bub,” her tone was light but her eyes smoldered, all games behind them, and she held out a hand to stop his forward progress. Wolverine crouched, radiating tension from every fiber as he watched Rogue slid her hands delicately over her body, white exposed bone glimmering in the half light of the moon. She brought claw one to the loop at the zipper to her outfit, hooked it on one ivory tip and dragged it slowly down, showing him everything he’d stupidly missed out on for years. Her flesh was pearly opalescent in the night, glowing like a white flame that warmed his blood to the boiling point. She unzipped down to where he saw lacy panties peeking from low under her navel.

Wolverine swallowed hard, but stilled himself at the look in Rogue’s eye when he started forward. Rogue raised her right hand and trailed it over her left shoulder slicing through the sleeve as easily as if it were silk, stripping it from her body slowly in an unwinding ribbon of leather. She repeated the gesture with the right sleeve, then bent over, offering Wolverine an incomprehensible amount of cleavage before she ran both sets of delicate, but razor sharp, claws up the seams of her leather pants then the rest of her uniform, slicing it away from her body until she was naked except for her knee high combat boots in front of him. No more games, no more chases. The thrill of the capture flashed in her eyes.

“Rogue-“

She held up a finger. “Marie.”

He hadn’t called her that in years, not since she’d formally joined the X-men and insisted her code name was the only one she’d answer too.

My Marie, only mine.

He swallowed hard, the vision of her in front of him almost blinding in its perfection, every surface gilded in moonlight. She seemed to glow from within, a pure streak of light illuminating his previously dark life. “Marie.” Her name dropped as a reverent whisper from his lips and she smiled softly and stepped towards him. He brought his hands towards her and she shook her head, freezing him once more. Without caution, but an immeasurable amount of skill that made his breath hitch in his chest, Rogue sliced Wolverine’s jeans from his body leaving him naked. She leaned towards him, her near touch raising every hair on his body to attention as she whispered in his ear and his hands rose to carefully trace her arms, his claws carefully skimming her skin, raising goosebump in their wake.

Marie shivered in his arms, her breath gentle on his face. “Logan.“

This time he rested the blunt edge of a claw on her lips.

“James.” His eyes were dark and serious, boring into hers. He knew his memories in her would tell her what this was, how sacred a thing it was to share with her.

Marie’s eyes widened. She knew Logan wasn’t his given name, but he’d never told her or anyone else it before, and she never tried to pry it from his memories as she’d assumed even he didn’t know what it was. She recognized it for what it was: a part of him he’d never shared with anyone until now.

The ultimate gift.

She swayed into him, rocked by the trust he was placing in her, and murmured into his lips, “James…please...please touch me.” Her voice fell on his ears, a fervent prayer, a sibilant thanks that she was finally being granted what she’d so longer for. James felt a shiver roll through his body at the sound of his true name on the lips of the woman he loved, had always loved. And he knew he’d found his true mate, his only mate. His Marie.
Chapter End Notes:
The NC-17 culmination will be posted tomorrow night. You know I love dragging out my foreplay!