Story Notes:
Jamie gets the co-author for this one because the story Past Forward inspired me so much that I felt I had to write this. So thanks to you Jamie!!
He ran through the forest. For the first time in a long time he felt free. The Wolverine was finally home.
"Logan" someone called distantly.
He stopped running.
"Logan" the voice grew louder.
Logan looked around.
"Logan, wake up!" she wispered in his ear.
He woke up in a daze.
"Are you ok?" she asked in a whisper the nobody else would hear.
"Fantastic!" he said smiling. A real smile, not a smirk.
"Your really smiling." Rogue said in amazement.
"Yeah I don't know why but I actually feel peacful right now." Logan told her.
"You better get some sleep." she said quietly, she quickly kissed him and left the room.
Logan still felt dazed. He'd had the same dream for three nights now, but he still didn't understand what they meant. That place seemed familiar but he couldn't remember it.
Logan couldn't sleep anymore so he went downstairs to get a beer. He opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle. Another bottle fell.
"Shit!" Logan said. As he went to catch it, the bottle flew accross the room. He looked up to see Jean catch the bottle.
"Couldn't sleep either, huh?" Logan asks.
Jean opens the bottle and takes a swig.
"Hard to sleep when your roommate snores, and someone keeps sending strange vibes through the air." Jean said sarcastically.
"You saw it then?" Logan asked sheepishly.
"Yeah," she admitted,"You seemed really happy."
Logan drinks hi beer in two shots.
"I wish I knew what it meant." he said quietly.
Jean was intrigued. She set the beer on the tabletop. Logan looked at her and raised an eyebrow.
"Maybe I can help." she said lightly.
"I don't think that's a good idea!" Logan said quickly.
Jean cupped his face with her hand and kissed him. Logan drifted to sleep and dropped his empty bottle. It broke as it hit the floor. The dreams started immediately and Jean sorted through them. She broke the connection when she sensed Scott in the room.
Logan fell to the floor. Jean opened her eyes and looked at Scott. She started to cry.
"Scott, I..." she started, Scott turns and walks out the door. Rogue appears in the doorway.
"I heard glass breaking and..." she saw Logan unconcious on the floor,"What happened?"
Jean just sobbed and ran out of the room. Rogue carefully pulled Logan to his feet and dragged him to his room.
----------------------------------------------------------
He smelled her before he opened his eyes. She smelled like apples and cinnamon. Logan could hear her breathing deeply and knew that she was asleep. He sat up in the bed.
Rogue was sitting in the little armchair by the window.
Logan smiled to himself. She looked so peaceful. He didn't want to wake her, so he watched her as she slept. Then his mind wandered to other things.
"Two words Logan, Jail and Bait!" he said to himself.
Rogue shivered in her sleep and Logan grabbed a blanket and put it around her.
"Thanks!" she said in her sleep.
He gently stroked her cheek. She shifted sligthly and opened her heys. Logan looked down at her and smiled.
"Mornin' Kid!" Logan said quietly.
"You ok?" Rogue asked solemly.
"Yeah, I'm alright. Why?" Logan said.
"I went downstairs last night after I heard glass breaking and found you unconcious on the floor behind Jean." Rogue told him in an almost silent whisper.
"Damn, why'd she kiss me? I told her it was a bad idea!" Logan said. He punched the wall next to the headboard and scared the kids in the next room.
"Logan what happened between you and Jean? She ran out of the room crying last night." she asked.
"Nothing that I know of except that she decided to kiss me and I was asleep after that." Logan addmitted.
Rogue looked heartbroken. Logan went over to calm her down.
"Shhh.. It's alright kid. There's nothing going on between me and Jean. You don't need to worry about that kid, I'm yours." he stroked her cheek.
Rogue looked up and stared into Logans eyes. His bright, soft silver-blue eyes met her big brown eyes and Rogue knew it was true. Anyway she'd never known Logan to lie.
"Thanks Logan!" she said as she pressed her face to his chest,"We better go see if Jean's alright."
"Yeah." Logan agreed.
Chapter End Notes:
Not done so keep checkin' back!!
Wolverines_Grrl
I mean it!!