“Logaaa~an?”

Here we go again.

“You promised!”

Did I? I'm pretty sure I didn't promise her to teach her to ride a motorcycle. I might have agreed to, but didn't promise. Big difference there.

“We can't. It's raining.” Lame but true.

“Please! I don't mind getting wet.”

Double meaning, anyone? The girl needs to watch her mouth or I'll never be able to keep up this BFF crap we got going on.

Truth is, I'm not planning on setting the kid on a motorbike anytime soon. It's okay for me to ride it, being indestructible and all that jazz. I hit a tree, I walk; no blood, no foul.

But her? She's just a fragile little girl with very breakable bones and pretty skin that needs no bruises. No way she'll ride a damn bike.

“Fine,” she says after a while of trying to stare me down, an annoyed wrinkle on her forehead and her southern accent coming through.
“Fine. I'm going shopping then.”

Shooting me one last dark look, she turns around and stomps out my door. She is too freaking cute when she's mad at me.




After a quiet day at the Mansion, which I mostly spent trying to think of safer ways of riding a motorcycle, contemplating ways to make up to Rogue for breaking a promise I never made and waiting for her to come back from a shopping trip of seemingly epic proportions, I'm in desperate need of a beer.

Who knew trying to get back on the good side of a cranky lady friend could be so exhausting?

I never spent that much time thinking about how women felt or anything, they were mostly just...there. No emotions involved. Which was a pretty damn smart way of dealing with things, to be quite honest.

Because all this worrying and thinking and looking but no touching isn't fun.

But it's not like I can control my thoughts and direct them anywhere else than to her, so I gotta deal with it now.




Finally, Rogue returns to the Mansion; I can smell her the moment she enters the door. About damn time, it's getting dark outside.

She follows her two chattering roommates up the stairs...and fuck me if I'm standing behind a corner, watching.
This is getting ridiculous.
But I just had to take a quick look to make sure she's okay, she has spent the entire day with those two chick-flick-characters come-to-life after all.

And I'm right, she doesn't seem okay, she looks a little exhausted and there are shadows under her eyes. I swear, if those two have ruined her day in any way, I'll personally make sure they never open their lip-glossed little mouthes again.

I quickly make my way back to my room and hope that Rogue will come by to tell my about her day once she has dropped off that huge collection of bubblegum-colored shopping bags.




My prayers are answered when I hear a couple of shy knocks on my door.

“Come in.”

“Hi.”

She shuts the door behind her and collapses onto my bed, right next to where I'm sitting...when I look down at her, all I see is that damn cleavage-revealing blouse she is wearing and I have to force my eyes away.

“You still mad at me?” I ask her, directing my gaze at her face, staring at her lips when they turn up in a tired smile and she starts speaking, eyes closed.

“Maybe...”

“Anything I can do about that?” I've got a couple ideas...

“'sides teaching me to ride?”

...yes, that's about the direction my thoughts are going. Can't she watch what she's saying for once?

She opens her eyes and seems to study my face for a while before she goes on.

“Shopping sucked.”

I knew it! I knew those friends of hers tortured her and if I get my hands on them...

“I wanted to buy these really great black gloves but I had no money left...they're satin and they feel so soft and they're the prettiest I've ever seen...but they're 30$ and that's exactly the amount I spent on this really cute mini skirt before I saw them.”

She props herself up on one arm, looking up at me with big, sad eyes.
“My life is tragic, Logan.”

“I'm sure it is,” I reply dumbly.

Just give me one more sec before I can reply to that...just a moment before I have processed the mental image of my little girl in a mini skirt, that same semi-innocent white blouse she's wearing now, only with the buttons open, and those satin gloves she's described to me.

“You want me to take you back and buy 'em for you?”

“You'd do that for me?!”
She's acting so surprised now, but I'm sure this was her plan all along. Sometimes I think she's not as innocent as she pretends to be...but I sure as hell don't mind either. It's the mix that turns me on - a perfectly good girl most of the time but a clever little vixen whenever she feels like showing it.

“Sure, sure,” I say, playing it cool, like this isn't a big deal.

“Logan?”

“Hm?”

“Can we take the motorcycle?”

“Maybe. But you won't be the one driving it.”

She'll be behind me, legs wrapped around the bike, arms around my waist, holding on tight and pressing her cute little face into the soft leather of my jacket...oh no, wait, actually she's wearing my jacket. Yes, that's better. And the mini skirt. Slightly inconvenient for the bike, though....well maybe...

“Ooh, and you know what, Logan?”

There's that glow in her eyes again and I know she's plotting. There is some kind of vicious plan forming in her head and I will have to suffer for not keeping my promise.

“What?”

“I'll teach ya how to shop.”
Chapter End Notes:
this chapter was a bit of a filler, but I promise there will be more (shopping) action in the next one ;)