Story Notes:
I thought I'd give the challenge generator a spin too, and there it was: you're dead and I'm sorry // bubble bath. I actually got that exact reply to that exact question once, but I'll leave the circumstances out because there was nudity involved there too...!
The Wolverine was prowling down the residential halls of the mansion. Having looked everywhere else, he was certain his quarry was behind one of these doors. Muttering under his breath, he cursed those antsy teenagers running in and out of each other's rooms, mixing scent trails.

Suddenly, his nostrils were assaulted by the distinct scent of Marie's lavender bubble bath, and whaddayaknow, it came from her own room. Touchdown.

A locked door was no match for an adamantium claw, and he was in her room, calling her name the next second.

"Logan?!" came the apprehensive and slightly disbelieving reply, slightly echoed from bouncing off the tile in her bathroom.

"Marie, we need to talk."

"Well, can it wait a while, Logan? I'm kind of busy in here."

"You're everything but, Marie, dontcha think I can smell your bubble bath?"

"Alright, fine. When I said 'busy' what I meant was *naked*!"

"You're covered in bubbles and I'm coming in!"

Well, mostly covered in bubbles anyway. Guess she'd been lying there for a while. He trained his eyes on her face, walking toward her.

"You've been avoiding me for a week now, and I want to know why, Marie. Now I've got you where I - WHOA!"

His feet disappeared under him and his back hit the tile with a loud *THUD*.

Marie rushed to the edge of the bathtub, "Oh God, Logan, did you die?"

Struggling for air, he managed to wheeze out a "yes."

Straining to get his eyes to stop swimming, he heard the strangest noises coming from Marie. When she finally appeared in focus on his retinas she was a mixture of contradictions. Tears were rolling down her face, the sides of her mouth were moving up and down involuntarily and her whole frame was shaking. She was howling, hiccup'ing, giggling and sobbing all at the same time.

He carefully sat up and only passingly frowned as he realized that the water he slipped in was now soaked into the backside of his jeans. The look of annoyance on his face sent her into further fits.

"Marie..." he started, but she interrupted him.

"Oh god, Logan," she managed to get out before her shoulders started shaking once again. "Oh my god, you're dead and I'm sorry!"

"Marie, are you laughing or crying?"

"I don't know! Both, I think both."

"Fine, I'll sit here till you're done."

Logan tried not to look too much like a petulant child when it took her a good 2 minutes to calm down enough for her breathing to even out somewhat.

She was still in the tub, hanging on to the edge, and she reached out toward him. Tears were still streaming down her face, but her eyes were serious.

"I was mad at you over something really stupid, Logan. It's not important, and I'm sorry I avoided you. I was laughing because your little spill... well, first of all it looked hilarious, but also because it got me thinking that we risk our lives every day and the comparison between a wee little puddle and Magneto's minions sent me over the edge. But then at the same time that made me cry, because what if I lost you for real and we hadn't talked for a week because I was mad at you over something stupid. I don't want to be mad at you ever, Logan, and I don't want to lose you."

He took her hand, the layer of bubbles protecting him for a brief moment before her let her go again. "Well, then it's a good thing that puddle was there, darlin'. I don't think I could've gotten you to that conclusion myself."

She smiled at him through her tears while her shoulders started shaking slightly again.

"Marie?"

"Yeah?"

"Why were you mad at me?"

"For real?"

"Of course."

"You took the last muffin."

"What??"

"Last Tuesday, you grabbed the last muffin from right under my nose and you didn't even think to share. Pissed me off."

"Well, darlin', there's something you need to know about me. What the Wolverine wants, the Wolverine takes!"

With that, he grabbed a towel, plunged his hands into the water and wrapped it around her, then lifted her out and over his shoulder as he charged toward her bed, with Marie squealing and laughing the whole time. "Watch out for puddles, sugah!"


End.