I'm so sorry baby,
What else could I do?
See I've tried to let you go,
I've tried so hard to forget
My thought still won't subside.
I guess I'm just losing my mind.

* * * *

Logan sat on the edge of his bed, still in shock after everything that had happened. The world around him felt ... wrong. The gaping hole that Jean had left followed him, looming over his shoulder. He needed to get away. He needed to feel something, anything. So that maybe, just for one night, he could imagine that she was his before it kicked in that she was gone forever.

Marie just happened upon him in the wrong place at the wrong time. She came in to tell Logan about the cure – moments later she found herself in his bed, underneath him.

It all happened so fast, she really didn't understand what was happening. But she didn't fight it. Hell, she'd dreamed about it every night since she'd met him. It's hard to tell if she really noticed that he wasn't really there, that he kept his face nestled in her neck, that he never said her name.

When they were done Marie passed out on his bed, Logan paced the room. The pent up emotions inside of him still screaming to be released. Without turning to look at Rogue, he shrugged into his clothes, grabbed his jacket and left without looking back.

* * * *
All My Charms by The Tea Party