Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry for the long wait, moved to campus, then came back home. then after watching x men origins i got inspired again. It was really hard to start this chapter, it took off on its own, ugh next chapter will be harder
After talking with Professor Xavier, I was set up in my own room instead of bunking in a room with other girls my age. After talking to the father-like figure I felt safe, something I hadn’t felt since I discovered my mutation over 9 months ago. It didn’t take much convincing to get my own room; after what I had been through, they agreed it would be best, and I really wasn’t in favor of having roommates. I was lucky enough to have some clothes loaned to me, and Ms. Munroe said she would take me shopping tomorrow. Before I was shown my room, Dr. Grey took me back down to the infirmary to check me over. My wrist had healed so the splint was able to come off. She also changed the bandage that covered the long gash down my right arm; she said the stitches could come out in a week. She tried to convince me to stay down in the infirmary, but it made me real uncomfortable being down there because it reminded me of the lab. So she said that as long as I rested as much as I could and took it easy, I didn’t have to stay down there.

So here I was, in my own room, freshly showered and wearing a long sleeved pink nightgown that reached my ankles and my gloves. I was staring out my window facing the lawns, although there’s not much to look at out there at 3 a.m. Coming out of my trance I noticed a reflection in the window, and it wasn’t mine. I gasped and spun around, only to find Logan leaning against the door frame, arms folded across his chest and smirk on his face.

“God, Logan you scared me!” I exclaimed bringing my hand to my chest.

He just shrugged and walked up to me, hands now in his pockets. “You still awake?”

“Yeah, couldn’t sleep.”

“How’re ya feeling?”

“Okay,” I replied, shuffling my feet and winced at the pain from my leg. “A little sore, but I’m good; stitches in my leg come out in a week.” I shrugged. “But my wrist is all better though, see?” I held up my left arm for him to inspect, but when he started to remove the glove I instinctively pulled back.

“Hey, you know you don’t have to wear these anymore,” he said, taking my gloved hands in his.

“I know. I guess I just wear them out of habit,” I explained, looking at my toes, which I suddenly found interesting. ‘Hmmm,’ I thought to myself. ‘Maybe I should pick up some nail polish while I’m out shopping tomorrow…’

I felt his hand slip under my chin and lift it so that I was facing him.

“You don’t need to hide anymore. You don’t need to be afraid anymore, least of all around me,” he said as his thumb gently stroked my jaw.

“I know, but…” I protested, trying to get out of his grasp, only to have his increase his grip and make me face him again.

“Take ‘em off!” he insisted.

Realizing he wasn’t going to back down, I stepped back, tugged up my sleeves and peeled off my gloves, revealing a not to pretty bruise that extended from my left wrist up to my elbow.

“All better, huh?” he asked, inspecting my arm again.

I shrugged, and tried to find something else in the room to look at because I sure didn’t want to look at him, not with what thoughts were going through my mind. Oh God his touch felt so good after not having any physical contact for almost a year.

“Marie, look at me!”

I did so willingly this time.

“Look, you’re touching me and I’m not dying,” he said, holding up my hand, his fingers laced through mine.

I smiled halfheartedly, let go of his hand reluctantly, and sat on my bed, suddenly tired.

“You know, the first boy I ever kissed, ended up in a coma for three weeks,” I said, trying to change the subject. “I never thought I would be spendin’ my eighteenth birthday in the same condition.”

“Well, maybe once you get to feeling better, maybe I’ll take you out or something,” he suggested, sitting next to me.

I smiled. “I’d like that. Does that mean you’d be stickin’ around?”

He shrugged. “Dunno. Not really my kinda place.”

The smile left my face. “Oh.”

“Ya know, you could always come with me…”

As much as I liked the idea, I knew I couldn’t. “I don’t know. I think I’ll stay here. You know they have classes here. I’m almost a year behind, but Ms. Munroe said that if I try real hard, I might be able to catch up with the rest of the class and maybe even graduate with the rest of them come May. I start classes some time next week.”

He smiled, something I don’t think I have ever seen him do. “Sounds good, kid.” Then he reached out and fingered one of the white streaks I had in my hair.

“Where’d you get these anyway?”

“My momma said that’s just how my hair grew, dark brown with two white streaks in the front. She tried dyin’ them, but it never took. Eventually she just gave up. But I always liked ‘em.”

“They look good on ya.”

I couldn’t help but blush.

“So, how’re doin’ after finding out about…”

I could tell by the look on his face that he realized he shouldn’t have brought that up.

“I’m ok, I guess. I think…I think I finally accepted it, my not being pregnant. It’s strange though, I feel kinda empty, like somethin’s missin’.” I yawned.

“Getting tired, kid?”

“Yeah,” I replied. “I think I may call it a night.” I looked at the alarm clock on the night stand next to my bed and saw that it was nearly 4:30 a.m. “Or morning. I’ll talk to you later I guess.”

“Alright,” he said, got up and kissed me on the forehead. “Night.” He said and walked out of my room.

“Night.”
Chapter End Notes:
read and review plz!! plus can anyone tell me how to format this right? its getting really annoying