Author's Chapter Notes:
Many many many apologies for the long wait for this update, I blame writers block. Any ways this chapter is Three weeks later. Enjoy, Rate and Review I live off of them
“Hey, Rogue! Wait up!”

I stopped walking and turned at the sound of my name. Bobby, a boy from my history class, was currently running down the hall to catch up with me.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“Hey, um…. I was wondering…..” he ran a hand through his spiky blond hair as he tried to find the right words.

“You were wondering…….?” I tried to help him along. I shifted my heavy textbooks in my arms and wished he’d figure out what he wanted to say.

“I was wondering,” he continued, “if I could take you out for ice-cream or maybe to a movie sometime?”

“Oh, um…” I shifted my weight between my legs and tried to find a way to let him down easily. After recalling what that bastard had done to me, and then after arriving here, finding I had had a miscarriage, I wasn’t comfortable with dating just yet. Only the staff here knew of the situation I had been in, so I couldn’t tell Bobby exactly why I wouldn’t go out with him. “I’d love to,” I watched as his icy blue eyes lit up, “but,” and then falter. “I’m not dating right now.”

And wasn’t this the perfect time for Logan to walk by.

“Hey kid, be ready to go at eight. Oh and bring a jacket, it’s starting to get chilly out,” he said as he passed us.

“Not dating right now, huh?” Bobby said as soon as Logan was out of sight. He looked hurt.

“Bobby, it’s not what you think. He just…” but Bobby cut me off.

“Uh-huh. You know if you didn’t want to go out with me, you could have just said so.” He turned and started to walk away.

“Bobby, that’s not what I meant!” I yelled after him, but he ignored me and just continued on him way. Great! What a perfect way to start my weekend.

X X X

I heard a knock on my door later that evening as I was applying my makeup. My bedroom door opened without waiting for a reply.

“You ready to go kid?” Logan asked.

“Yup. Gimme a sec,” I called from the bathroom that adjoined my bedroom. I took one last look in the mirror before following him out into the hall. I attempted to calm my racing heart. ‘This wasn’t a date was it? No, Logan didn’t seem the type to date. And he doesn’t like me the same way I like him, does he? Nah, no way.’ I immediately banished the thought from my head as a felt my face slowly turn red. Logan had decided to take me out as a late birthday gift as soon as I was feeling up to it. It being three weeks since I woke up from my coma, I was feeling much better, and only had a few scars left to show from my previous ailments. While deep in thought I had missed what Logan had said. Snapping out of it, I realized we were standing in the garage

“I’m sorry, what?”

“I said I was thinking about taking One-eye’s motorcycle. I’ve been itching to get my hands on that precious bike of his,” he explained, keys in hand.

I felt my stomach drop. After what happened the last time I was on a motorcycle with Logan, I wasn’t too keen on getting back on one again. Ever again.

“Logan I don’t think that’s a good idea…” I said, pleading with my eyes, hoping he would understand.

Logan walked back to me, slipped a finger under my chin and lifted it so that I was looking into his eyes. “Hey, I don’t want you to be afraid just because of what happened last time.”

X X X
I’m running down a dark, damp corridor. I can hear booted footsteps approach me from behind as my own bare feet slap the concrete ground. I don’t take time to decide which way to turn I just run as fast as my feet will carry me. I’m only covered in a paper gown that barely covers me and even that is torn. My poisonous skin is useless against the soldiers tailing me; the bracelets they fitted me with make sure of that.

FLASH

My body feels stiff and frozen from the bitter cold but I force my legs to keep moving. I’m outside now, running in the snow from the soldiers. They’re gaining on me. My legs and lungs burn, but my back stings the worst from where they removed patches of skin from my back. I’m running at the edge of a ravine. I scream as I slip and go over the edge, but I feel hand yank me back from my arms. I look down and I can’t even see the bottom of the abyss, I just see black. I struggle; I’d rather go over and die then go back to the hell I was in. I feel their grip slip and even though I’m glad they let me go, the fall startles me and I scream.

I wake up, look around confused. I’m tangled in a heap of sheets and blankets on the floor next to my bed. Images from the dream flash through my mind and my whole body starts to shake as tears stream down my face. It was just a dream. The slam the door makes as it opens makes me jump.

“Marie?”

I look up and see a very blurry-looking Logan standing in my door way. I can’t help but shudder and sob when I see him. Logan scooped me up and placed me in his lap. I clung to him for dear life as he rocked me.

“It…it was so real,” I make out between sobs.

“I know baby, I know. It’s okay, your safe now. I got you,” he said as he rubbed my back in slow circles.

“Logan…” I heard Mr. Summers from the doorway. I looked up, he did not look happy, neither did Logan.

“Drop it, Cyke!” Logan growled.

“Logan. I really don’t think…” there was a slam as Logan shut the door in his face.

Logan walks back to me, picks me up, blankets and all and drops me lightly on my bed.

“You need to go back to sleep kid, it’s two in the morning,” he said.

“I can’t.”

“You can’t? Whadya mean you can’t?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

I blushed, suddenly feeling like a little kid. “I’m scared. I’m afraid the nightmare will come back,” I explained. Suddenly an idea popped into my head and I dared to ask. “Um, could you, couldyoustaywithme?” I mumbled.

“What was that?”

No sense in beating around the bush. “I was wonderin’ if you could stay with me. Just until I fall asleep.” I looked anywhere but at him.

“Um…” he started to look uncomfortable.

“Please,” my eyes finally meeting his, begging him. I was honestly afraid of going back to sleep. I’ve had nightmares before, but none so bad that I was afraid to sleep alone.

Logan ran a hand through his wild hair. “Yeah, sure.”

I attempted to straighten the covers before I slid under them and turned out the lamp on the table next to me. I felt the mattress dip as Logan lay down behind me.

“Hey Logan?”

“Yeah kid?”

“Thanks.”

“G’night, kid.”

I stared at my alarm clock. 4:30 it said back. Two hours had passed, and I was still awake. I couldn’t relax enough to sleep. I listened to Logan’s steady breathing; he had fallen asleep shortly after his head hit the pillow. The bastard.

I turned around to face him. He was sleeping flat on his back. “Logan,” I called, none too quietly. He gave a slight snore, but otherwise nothing.

“Logan!” I called again and jabbed his side with my elbow.

“Hmm?” he grumbled, eyes still closed.

“I can’t sleep.”

I jabbed him again when he didn’t answer me after a few minutes.

“What!” He yelled, rubbed his eyes and glared at me.

“I can’t sleep.”

“So go drink some warm milk then,” he said, closed his eyes and rolled away from me.

I sat up. “It’s not that!” I cried. That got his attention and he rolled back toward me. “Every time I close my eyes I can see myself… feel myself fallin’. In my dream I was being chased, first down cemented hallway, then out in the snow. Then I’m fallin’. And it scares me,” I explained, my voice wavering slightly.

“Hey,” he said, brows furrowed and arm extended toward me. “Come here.”

I laid my head down on his chest and inhaled the scent of cigar smoke, masculinity and something that’s just pure Logan. I draped my arm across his waist as he wrapped his around my shoulder.

“Better?” he asked.

“Mmmhmm,” I answered, he scent seeming to relax me and I closed my eyes. Luckily no images of my dreamed crept their way back into my mind. “Thanks.”

“Just go to sleep kid.”
Chapter End Notes:
Rate and Review plz!!