"Logan."

"Marie? Darlin', where you calling from? You weren't at breakfast this morning."

"Ah'm,uh... Ah'm in mah room."

"Your room? Then what the hell you calling my cell phone for? You wanna talk to me just get your pretty little lazy ass down here."

"No, Logan. Ya have ta come up here. Please? Ah--ah don't want anyone else to see me."

"Not see you? Marie, what the hell is going on?"

"Are we really gonna sit here for ten minutes chit-chatting on the phone? It's wastin' mah daytime minutes, please just come up?"

"Damn it. I'm coming, I'm coming. This had better be good."

****

"Fuckin' hell, Marie!

"Shhh, Logan! If ah wanted tha whole damn mansion in here ah wouldn't have called your stupid cell phone."

"What. The. Hell. Happened?"

"Just calm down. Nothin' happened."

"Half your face is swollen and God damn black and blue. Don't fucking tell me nothing happened!

"Can we just cut the overprotective melodrama and go straight to the healin'. Ah got a mall date with Kitty at eleven."

"I want to know who hit you and I want to know right this fucking minute."

"No one hit me, Logan. Like anyone would."

"The bridge of your nose is God damn split, Marie. I know a straight punch when I see it."

"Why are ya bein' so difficult today? Its *throbbing* I don't have time for fifty questions, just heal it."

"Nuh, uh, kid. Back off. You can have a Wolvie Band-Aid when you fess up."

"No one hit me!"

"The sooner you tell me the sooner we get you fixed up and to the mall and I can get to killing the prick."

"There is no prick! Unless you count in a certain big, hairy--"

"Do not finish that. And put that pout away. I wanna heal you just as much as you want me to. I hate seeing you like that, which is why the bastard who----"

"Ah walked into a bedpost!!"

....

"...What?"

"Last night. Ah had ta pee--ah---ah---"

"Marie, darlin', calm down. Shh, baby, don't cry."

"Ah did tha hand thing and everything! Ya know, arms out in front of me, felling mah way. Ah was sure ah had it!"

"Marie--"

"Then jus' BAM! Mahogany right between tha eyes. Are....are you *laughing* at me?!"

"No. No, I'm not---"

"Ya laughing at me ya son of a bitch!"

"Come on, darlin'. The bedpost? Can you blame me?"

"Not all of us have freakin' night vision!"

"You lived in this exact same room for three years. Did the post move on you? You want me to take the claws to it? Jus' say the word--"

"Let me know when you're done laughing at me, okay? Ah'll be over here whenever ya ready. No rush, by all means."

"Don't be like that. I'm sorry, really. Here, come here, I'll heal you."

"Could ya maybe at least wipe the tears out of ya eyes first?"

"I'm sorry. I'm trying. Just-- the bedpost, Marie?"

"Stop it, Logan."

"Alright. I think I'm done. Maybe you should sleep with me tonight. For your safety. It might get violent again, bedposts can be very aggressive."

"Sounds good. And sleep with one eye open, sugah. One eye open."