Story Notes:
(Disclaimer: I don't own X-men, yadda yadda yadda) This story takes place after X2 but Jean doesn't die at the end of X2. Some of the residents of the mansion turn out to be really evil. I can't tell you who right now, you'll just have to read to find out.
Chapter 1


She sat there utterly still, a single tear trailing down her cheek. Outside the stormy day matched her tumultuous emotions. Stunned. She was completely and totally flabbergasted.

“Why?” she whispered.

More tears streamed down her cheeks like the rain on the window on which she leaned her head against. She was sitting in the window seat with her arms wrapped around her legs and just kept repeating the same question over and over.

“Why? Why? Why?” she whispered.

Jubilee walked into the quiet library in her search for her ex-roommate and best friend Rogue. She spotted her across the room in the window seat and paused in shock. She'd never seen Rogue like this before, not in all the years they were together at Xavier's school. She eased closer to the crying girl so as not to startle her and laid a gentle hand on arm and whispered, “Rogey? What's wrong?”

“WHY?!?!?” Rogue wailed and started to rock back and forth. Repeating her cries of “Why? Why? Why?”

“I don't know. I don't understand what's wrong. Tell me Rogey and I'll fix it.” Jubilee rubbed her hand on the back of Rogue's shirt, trying to soothe her with her touch.

Rogue finally calms down enough to look at Jubilee and slows down her rocking. “Help me please. Gimme outta here. I can't stay here anymore. Please you gotta help me!”

“Sure, lemme just go and tell Kitty we're leaving,” said Jubilee.

“NO!!! Don't tell anyone. We can't trust anyone here. You don't understand its not safe. I'm not even a hundred percent sure you are safe, but I'm willing to risk it. So please, PLEASE don't tell anyone. We need to just go and hide somewhere and then I'll show you what I'm talking about.” Rogue begged while grasping the lapels of Jubilee's jacket.

“Okay, okay chicka. No need to freak out. You're sounding a bit paranoid, there. I know we tease you about being a little bonkers, but you've never been that kinda bonkers before. My purse is still in the Rec Room and we can just go out to my Jeep and get on the road. Do you need anything here?” Jubilee asked.

“Just my laptop case and its right here. All I need is in it.” Rogue sniffled, wiped her nose and bent over and picked up her laptop case. “Let's move it and fast before we're stopped by anyone.”

Jubes and Rogue went together to the thankfully empty Rec Room to get the purse and then headed out to the garage to jump into the Jeep and headed off the school grounds. “Where we goin'?” asked Jubilee.

“Anywhere is fine, just keep heading in some direction for at least an hour or so,” Rogue paused then continued, “ Actually head north, I feel safer heading north.” Logan is up in Canada and anywhere closer to Logan has got to be the right direction.

After an hour of driving, Jubes and Rogue found themselves checking into a scuzzy looking no-tell motel. They checked in cringing from the lewd remarks from the guy at the check in counter.

They made it inside the room and Jubilee complained “You owe me big time for this Rogey. I mean seriously BIG TIME! UG, that guy was seriously sick. EWWWWW” she shivered in disgust. “Ug and this room. I'm afraid to even sit on the bed! This is nasty, I mean seriously nasty.”

“Deal with it Jubes, my funds are kinda limited for now. I need a place to stay where they won't be looking for me. Look, just sit and lemme try to explain what's going on. I'm sorry I wouldn't tell you on the road, but I need your total concentration for this and I didn't want any distractions.” Rogue takes a big breath then lets it out while unpacking her computer. “You know how I've been having those really weird nightmares lately? I told you they were kinda foggy and I couldn't remember them much? Um...I kinda lied. I can remember them, I just didn't wanna speak about them out loud. They really, really freaked me out. In fact, they're crystal-fuckin'-clear.”

Jubilee nodded motioning Rogue to continue.

“Then I started getting that paranoid feeling like someone had been in my room. Like how my things were moved, and my bed was being used and remade different?” Jubilee nodded again, “Well, I finally decided to prove it to myself, because I was driving myself crazy. I hid a spy cam in my room that has motion activation, to see if I was getting any visitors when I was out. Well, my dreams were proven to be true. They aren't just dreams, but memories. Memories that were suppressed so I wouldn't tell others what was happening.”

Tears started running down Rogue's cheeks again. “I want you to watch this and tell me what you think I should do. I'm so fucked up right now Jubes, I'm not sure who to trust, and I'm counting on you not to betray me okay? I'm seriously depending on you,” Rogue looked at Jubilee beseechingly.

“No worries chicka, I got your back always. That's straight from the heart girlfriend.” Jubilee taps her chest with her right fist. “Friends bail you out of jail, but best friends like me help you hide the body first and then sit in the jail cell with you.” Jubilee smiled and hugged Rogue.

Rogue laughed and hugged Jubilee back. “Thank you, you have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you so very much Jubes. Now sit back and watch, this isn't pretty.”

Jubilee and Rogue sat on the edge of the bed and watched the laptop's screen in silence. Jubilee's eyes getting bigger and bigger every minute. Her jaw dropped open in shock. Rogue wrapped her arms around herself again and started rocking staring at the floor. Jubilee got up and started pacing back and forth. “Fu, Fu, Fu... HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!” She screamed. “THAT FUCKING BITCH!!!”

She sat back on the edge of the bed and started rocking in time with Rogue, “Oh my god, Oh my god, OH MY GOD!” she repeated over and over. “What do we do??????!?!?!” She looked over at Rogue.

“How the hell am I supposed to know? That's why I asked you for help. I don't know what the hell to do!” Rogue cried. “How could she fucking do this to me? WHY? What the hell did I ever do to her??? Oh GOD! Oh GOD!”

“Calm down, Calm down, we gotta calm down. FUCK I can't calm down. We need a drink chicka. We need a serious smack down drunk out right now, cuz I'm totally freaking out here and you aren't any better.” Jubilee said.

“No shit, but where the hell are we gonna get the liquor? Neither one of us is 21 yet.” Rogue complained. “That's it. I'm calling Logan.”

“You know how to contact Wolvie?” Jubilee was shocked. “How long have you known this and why haven't you told me this before???? Seriously, you can't keep me in the dark like this Rogey.”

“Its only for emergency use. Well that and our Monday night catch up calls. Before he left this last time, he got us cell phones that I keep up with the payments each month. We don't ever use them except to contact each other, so its pretty cheap. I didn't want anyone at the mansion to know about it and neither did Logan so we kept it a secret from everyone else. I'm sorry Jubes, but this is important to Logan and me. Please don't be mad.” Rogue begged.

“Its okay chicka, I'm just kinda wigging out here a little.” Jubes rubbed her eyes with her hands. “Its not a big deal, I'm just not sure how to take things right now ya know?”

“Ya I hear ya there Jubes. I totally hear you there.” Rogue agreed. She dug her phone out of her laptop case and started dialing for Logan.