Chapter 2


“Hey Darlin' … … … Darlin'? What's wrong?” asked Logan gruffly.

“Logan, I need your help,” Rogue whispered into the phone sniffling and trying to stifle her sobs. “I'm sorry, I just really need you here right now. Something's happened at the mansion and I can't trust anyone there right now. Oh God, I need you here with me. I'm all fucked up Logan. Completely and totally fucked up beyond anything.”

“WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!?!?!?!?” Logan shouted.

“I can't talk about it over the phone. I'm sorry, I really can't. Its too hard and too big to discuss. Please just PLEASE can you come and not contact anyone at Xavier's just yet? Please for me? Please?” she whimpered.

“FUCK … … Just fuck. Yah darlin' I'll come getcha. Where are you now?” Logan asked breathing heavily trying to stay calm.

“Some fleabag motel. I dunno where. I'm here with Jubes. I'll give her the phone to give you directions and stuff, I wasn't paying much attention to where we were going or where we stopped. God, I'm freaking out so bad Logan. I need you here so bad. So fucking bad, you have no idea. How close to New York are you? Think you can be here in a few days?” Rogue asked.

“Good news darlin'. I was headed back to the mansion already. You know we had plans for your twenty-first birthday. You and me and the nearest bar with gallons of liquor to ring in your legality baby. I was coming down early so I could scout around and find the perfect bar for us to get you plastered. Somewhere we'd both enjoy ya know? So I'm about 30 minutes from the mansion now. Give your friend the phone so I can get to ya. OK darlin'?” Logan told Rogue.

“Oh thank God! Thank God yer so close. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Man, you have no idea how much that helps knowing that. No idea.” she breathed a sigh of relief.

“You and me both honey. You and me both. Now I'll be there really soon, so hand over the phone to Sparky and I'll get to you sooner OK?” he said.

Rogue laughed softly, “LOGAN! I told you she hates it when you call her that!”

“Hey, the day she can call me by my name is the day I'll start using hers,” he replied.

“Good point,” Rogue rolled her eyes. “Thanks again Logan. God I missed you. Get here soon, but don't be driving crazy or nothing to get here. And remember your seat belt this time.”

“Yah yah. Jeez, yer never gonna let me forget that ever are ya?” he sighed.

“Nope! OK, I'm handing Jubes the phone now. See ya soon Logan.” Rogue sniffled. Rogue handed the phone over to Jubilee. “Can you give Logan the directions to how to get wherever the hell we are Jubes?”

“No problemo chicka. Hey Wolmeister! Now, now no ugging to me! Hang on one second okay?” Jubilee put the phone down and looked to Rogue, “Hey, I'm gonna go outside a minute and go to the lobby. I have no clue what the address is here and no clue the name of the motel OK hon?”

“Sure thing. I think I'm just gonna lay down and try to calm down.” Rogue settled on the tacky looking bed.

“Are you sure? God knows what's on that bedspread.” Jubilee shuddered in disgust.

“At this point I really don't fucking care all that much,” Rogue mumbled.

“Good point.” Jubilee put the phone back to her ear and headed out the door of the room. “Hey Rogue, lock the door behind me. I'll knock when I get back. You never know who's hanging out around these kinda places girl.” Rogue got up and headed towards the door as Jubilee started walking towards the check-in area of the motel. “Sorry about that Logan, but I wanted to get out of hearing range of Rogue. Before you head here, I really think you need to stop at Xavier's and pick up Cyclops and bring him with you. No matter what Rogue said. He needs to be here too. Just don't talk to anyone else there and don't tell them where we are.”

“What the hell is going on?” Logan growled. “I'd like some fucking clue as to what's going on here.”

“Christ dude. Its bad. Real fucking bad. Shit.” Jubilee took a deep breath to calm her nerves. “Rogue's been hurt bad. Really really bad. She doesn't need a hospital right now but they screwed her over good. She just found out today. She's been real paranoid the last month or so and she decided to use a hidden camera to get some kind of proof or to see if she was going nutso paranoid or not. Shit did she get proof. Motherfucking, goddamned proof from hell. FUCK. Thing is, she's not the only one that they were doing this too. Scott was too. Its on the video and I really think you need to get him out of Xavier's however you can. Crap, make up whatever story you gotta, and bring him here so you both can watch this damn video at the same time. Make sure you get him to turn off his 'link' with Jean. That's mondo important Logan. I don't care how much you think she's fabulous and wonderful, neither she nor Xavier, nor any other telepath there can be trusted. Got it? Do NOT trust anyone there. Hell, don't even trust Scott until he gets his 'link' turned off and you guys are far from the mansion.”

“What do you mean Jeannie can't be trusted?” Logan demanded.

“Dude, I saw it myself. They fucked her mind up so bad. At least Jean did, and I dunno if Xavier is a part of it or not. I mean if he's so all fucking powerful, how can what she did happen without him knowing about it.” Jubilee snarled.

“What the fuck did she do?” he growled.

“Its too complicated to go over the phone man. Trust us. Trust me. Just go get Scott and get your asses over here pronto. And you might wanna stop at a liquor store for a shitload of brews while your at it, 'cuz we're gonna need it. Hell, we need it now. Just get him and bring him here. And shield your mind if you can. I think Jean's still out of town tonight on that stupid conference, but I don't know if Xavier is there or not. You do NOT want to be projecting your thoughts to him or any other telepath there.” Jubilee then proceeded to give Logan the information on where the motel was and told him she was going back to the motel room to try and comfort Rogue until they arrived.

Jubilee hung up the phone and knocked on the door for Rogue to let her back in. The two of them locked the room behind themselves and Jubilee placed one of the chairs under the doorknob. “Just in case ya know? Come on hon, lets lay down OK?” Jubilee pulled Rogue back to the bed and snuggled her close and started rubbing her back. “Logan's coming. He's gonna help us figure out what to do now OK? We're gonna figure this out. All of us. You aren't alone. We're gonna figure this out together.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Shit shit shit shit shit shit!” Logan threw his phone down on the seat next to him and started banging his hand on the steering wheel. He drove like a bat out of hell to the mansion trying to keep an eye out for speed traps and other traffic. He cut the drive time in half and was pulling up the mansion drive 15 minutes after talking to Rogue and Jubilee. He took a deep, steadying breath, turned off his truck and stalked out heading to the front door. Trying to keep his mind blank with only one thought running through his head 'Gotta find Scott, Gotta find Scott.'

The fates were really shining down on him today as the first person he ran into as he walked into the mansion was Scott, walking towards the door with his keys in his hands. “Just the man I'm looking for,” Logan said.

Scott raised his eyebrows at Logan's greeting and replied, “Well that's a first. Long time no see Logan. What can I do for you?”

“I need your help,” Logan said flat out.

“Mine?” Scott was shocked. “This could take months, where do we start?” he smirked.

“I'm serious Cyke.” Logan ran his hands thru his hair. “I need you to help me with something. Look, can we talk about this in the truck? Its complicated and shit, I need your advice and I need you to help me not kill someone. I'm about to lose it and go off half cocked like I normally do ya know? I need your calm fearless leader thing. I've never asked you for help before, but I really need it. Will you help me?”

Scott looked at Logan closely and said, “Sure thing Logan. I'll help. I was just about to take my bike out for a spin, but that can wait. What's going on? Do we need more backup?”

Logan and Scott walked out to the truck and loaded themselves in, buckling up and heading off the mansion grounds. “First I need to know, is your link with Jeanie off? I don't want her to know about this OK? Not yet. This is private right now. Afterward, if you think she should know, you can tell her, but for right now, I just need to make sure this is just between you and me.”

“Her side is closed now. She always closes her side when she doing lab work or speeches and stuff so nothing can interfere and cause her to make mistakes.” Scott replied.

“Can you close your side too? Just in case she opens up her side in the middle of this? I just, Rogue made me swear not to tell anyone, but Jubes said to trust you with it, so I'm gonna. But you gotta promise me to close your link to Jeannie while we're talking about this OK?” Logan looked over at Scott.

“OK, its off. She won't be able to 'hear' anything until its re-opened.” Scott said.

Logan sniffed deeply and smelled Scott telling the truth. He took a deep breath and let it out slow. “Look, I don't know much. I just know that Rogue called me in tears, scared out of her mind. Something happened to her at the mansion, but she wouldn't tell me what over the phone. She and Jubes are hiding out at some motel waiting for me to get there. They got some video or something that has scared the shit out of them. Neither would tell me much over the phone but Jubes said I was to get you because whatever the fuck is on this video includes you as much as Rogue.”

Scott grabbed Logan's arm tightly. “Is she hurt? Is she hurt?!?!? FUCK, move this goddamned truck now!”

Logan was shocked at the panic coming off of Scott in waves. The level of feeling was a hell of a lot more than he was expecting. “I don't know. They wouldn't say. Jubes said I was to drag your ass to them and we were to watch this fucking video. She also said we'd need to stop and get a shitload of beer, cuz we were going to need it. This video that they got is gonna shock the hell out of us I think.”

“FUCK the liquor, just get us to Rogue now!” Scott yelled. He grabbed the dashboard and tried to breath deeply to keep from hyperventilating.

Logan thought to himself, 'What the hell is going on here????' He pressed the gas harder speeding towards the motel.