Chapter 6


Logan and Jubilee walked back into the motel room and looked at the couple snuggled together on the bed. Logan took a harsh deep breath at the sight. Jubilee looked over at him and asked, “Are you sure you aren't ready now?”

Logan sighed deeply. Took another deep calming breath and replied, “Right now I'm not sure of anything anymore. Lets just get them out of here and on the road OK Spark Plug?”

Jubilee shocked Logan by hugging him close and whispering “Whatever happens Wolvie, you and she will be together and you'll be OK I'm sure of it. Its like your destiny ya know?” She rubbed his back and then headed towards the computer to start packing it up.

Logan snorted and tossed Scott's wallet at his head, waking him out of his snooze. “Time to get up Boy Scout.” Logan leaned over and picked up Rogue in his arms, pulling her from Scott's embrace. He started to carry her out to the truck.

“Wait a minute. Where are you taking her?” Scott demanded.

Logan didn't answer and kept walking out the motel room door.

Jubilee gathered up all the rest of their gear and looked at Scott. “C'mon fearless leader, we're hitting the road. We're headed north. You can ride with me, I think Logan needs some time alone with Rogue.”

“What's going on?” Scott got up and put his wallet back in his pocket and looked around for anything else to take with them.

“I'll tell you on the way. Let's move it, we don't want to lose them.” Jubilee walked out the door and headed over to Logan who was putting Rogue in the passenger seat of his truck. “Hey, I gotta go turn in the room key, will you give Scott either yours or Rogue's cell number so we can stay in contact with each other in case we get split up in traffic or something?”

Logan nodded while he was buckling Rogue's seat belt.

*****


Jubilee walked back from the main lobby of the motel grumbling to herself. Hopped in her Jeep and started her engine.

“What's the matter?” asked Scott.

“Stupid ass perverted jerk-off of a motel manager. God, men like that just piss me off big time.” Jubilee pulled out behind Logan's truck as they started the caravan north.

“Assholes seem to flourish everywhere don't they?” Scott was messing around with his cell, adding in the numbers Logan had given him.

Jubilee noticed. “You get the numbers from Logan for him and Rogue?”

“Yah, just putting them in my cell memory for now. I hope you have a charger, I didn't exactly pack for this ya know?”

“I know, and I think I have a charger in my glove compartment. Just hope it works for you phone too.” Jubilee pointed to her glove box.

Scott opened the box and pulled out the charger. “Should work on mine.” He plugged up his phone to the charger and put it in the cigarette lighter. “So tell me where we are going now and what the plan is. I don't see you and Logan lugging any alcohol like you were going to get.”

Jubilee snorted. “Hell we never made it out of the parking lot. We sat in his truck and had a long talk and came up with a better plan. We're going up north to Canada to some mind healer person he knows. For you and Rogue. I know you haven't seen all the video yet, but you and Rogue have both been mind fucked beyond all recognition. Maybe you more than most. Considering you've been living with the Red-headed Bitch all these years. God knows what's she's done to your mind.”

“Yah, I've been thinking about that myself while you guys were out of the room. Its not a pleasant thought. I don't know what's real right now and what's not. I've never been so confused and feeling so out of control in my life.”

Jubilee placed a hand on his shoulder. “Don't worry we'll get to the bottom of this soon. You'll know everything that is going on and then we'll make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else ever again. They won't be getting away with this. No way in HELL.”

*****


As Logan led the small caravan north using all the back roads he could from his memory, he kept looking over Rogue to make sure she was OK She was quiet, just watching the scenery go by out the window. After an hour of this, he decided to break the silence. “So what's up between you and One-eye? Anything you wanna be telling me?”

Rogue blushed beet red. “Um, what do you mean?”

“Since when did you and he get close?”

Rogue looked over at Logan. “After you left, other than Jubes and Bobby, everyone pretty much kept their distance from me. As if I was gonna drain their lives away if I even looked at them funny. You've no idea how much that hurt me. Scott noticed this right off, and though he couldn't change people's attitudes or behavior, he gave me someone to open up to when I needed to. Someone who could understand having a mutation you couldn't control that was deadly if an accident happened. I guess we developed a friendship from that.”

“What ever happened with the Icicle boy anyways. You never told me anything other than you broke it off with him.”

“Bobby? That asshole. He kissed me when we were at his parent's house where you got shot in the head. Things got kinda complicated there for a bit, so it took me a day or so to actually organize and look at the thoughts I got from that contact. After I saw the real reasons for him dating me, I dumped his ass flat.” Rogue crossed her arms across her chest in a huff. “Goddamned asshole.”

“What were his so called reasons? As if you alone aren't enough?”

Rogue smiled and leaned over and kissed Logan on the mutton-chop. “Thank you Logan, I should be reason enough. But he wasn't thinking of me at all. He just wanted to be the bravest “MAN” to date the untouchable Rogue. He thought he could get sympathy pussy from all the other girls since they “knew” he couldn't get any from me. Asshole.”

Logan started coughing on cigar he had been inhaling at the time. “Sympathy pussy???? What the fuck?”

“Exactly.” Rogue rolled her eyes. “I mean, hello! Just because you can't touch my skin doesn't mean there aren't ways around it. Don't you think it might be fun to find the ways? The more interesting the better?? I mean, don't they sell like a zillion woman's magazines to give you tips to help “spice” up your boring love lives? I'd like to think with my mutation it would always be spicy.” Rogue said with a haughty kind of air.

“Well you sure are a sassy one. Ain't nothing boring bout you baby.” Logan smirked. “And I agree. Sympathy pussy. Shit. I ain't never heard anything so stupid in my whole life.”

“Well you asked.”

“Sympathy pussy.” Logan repeated, then started chuckling. “What a dumbshit.”

“Yah, he's a fool.”

“That he is baby, that he is.” He reached over and held her gloved hand in his. “We're gonna get through this together you know?” He pulled her hand up for a quickie kiss on the knuckles.

“I know sugar, I know. You and me. To quote Forrest Gump, we're gonna get along like peas and carrots.”

Logan thought about that for a moment. “How the hell do peas and carrots get along?”

Rogue shrugged. “Fucked if I know.”

Logan just shook his head and kept driving.