Another fucking first day of school. Christ, he hated them. Third one in a year. That’s what you get for getting in trouble and staying there. Sooner or later they got sick of his ass and booted him out, and then he was shuttled to another one to start it all over again.

Whatever. Wasn’t like he was gonna use any of this school bullshit when he got out. He was good at and enjoyed exactly two things: fighting and fucking. And he planned on making his living doing one or the other. With any luck he’d find a way to combine them both in a profitable fashion.

Until he turned 18, though, he was the property of the state and they were getting sick and tired of shuttling him around each time he got expelled from a school and usually thrown out his halfway house to boot. The social services system just wasn’t that well equipped to deal with a semi-feral mutant teenager. Even the foster care shitholes that housed other mutants couldn’t get a grip on his crazy ass. That were their mistake, trying to control him, tell him what to do, when to go out and come in, where to go. He was going to do exactly what the fuck he wanted.

Well except for now. For now he had to deal with another goddamn first day of school. The new kid again. He knew the routine. Time to dig up some more of his infamous testicular fortitude and establish his presence right off the bat before some numb nut got the bright idea to take him on and almost wind up with a gutful of bone claws like last time. That little incident was what landed his ass in juvie the first time. The kid just needed a little plastic surgery to his face, nothing serious.

Now he was in Westchester because he’d had been busted playing gynecologist with two cheerleaders in the gym teacher’s office. He was nothing if not creative in his various ways to drive insane every court appointed officer cursed to ever be assigned to his case.

“Logan,” his new case worker said, mistaking the ferocious frown on the 16 year old’s face for anxiety at starting a new school. The dark-haired and surly teen was actually scoping out the girls loitering on the steps before first bell, wondering which one might be the school skank. Not bad pickings here.

“Don’t call me that,” he snapped.

The new guy sighed dramatically. “You can’t honestly think I am going to call you Wolverine?”

The kid’s silence spoke volumes, that he would remain silent until addressed by his preferred name. The case worker was already completely over dealing with this boy. The last two days, getting his spotty records from his old school, quieting the two girls’ parents’ outrage, and springing this little troublemaker juvenile detention center for violating his probation again, then shuttling him halfway across the state, had exhausted his patience. Now he was ready and willing to dump the kid off and only see him during monthly visits.

“Fiiiine,” he sighed. “Wolverine, just TRY to get through today without getting the police involved and after class a shuttle will be here will pick you up right here to take you to the Xavier Institute. Your new home.”

Wolverine snorted and rolled his eyes dramatically before he reached for the door handle. It was locked. He snarled and shot a glare at the asshole. He didn’t like being caged up, and it wasn’t exactly healthy for this nerd to remain in an enclosed space with him for much longer.

“Seriously, kid. This is it, your last shot, the judge is sick of you. You mess this up and prison is the next stop. Not country club jail but federal pound-you-in-the-ass prison. If you can’t cut it at Xavier’s you’re screwed. No kidding.”

“No kidding,” Wolverine mimicked sarcastically. “Ya gonna let me out now or do I have to listen to another lecture?” The man sighed and popped the lock, letting loose the wild animal on yet another unsuspecting school. God help them all.