Author's Chapter Notes:
I am totally stealing a lot of Deadpool’s lines from his comics. This page is one of the most famous.

http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/131474/deadpool-shoryuken.jpg

I can't wait for the DP movie, Fox better not mess it up like they screwed up his character in the Wolverine movie.
“Do you think this thing is going to blow up in our face?” Rogue asked, legs dangling over a work bench as Wolverine buried himself in the engine block.

“Have a little faith darlin’, I’ve been working on cars my whole life,” he muttered as he strained to tighten the power steering belt.

“Not that, stupid,” Rogue huffed with a laugh. “Y’know, M.U.” She wrapped a strand of silver around one finger contemplatively.

The boy lifted his head and gave her a grin, sharpened canines flashing. “At some point, probably. Law of averages.” He shrugged and lowered his head once more to inspect his work.

“How reassuring,” she grumbled. “I don’t want you or me to get kicked out of here.” She said it low and quiet, but he heard her.

Straightening up the teen wiped his greasy hands on a shop cloth, then threw it aside as he strode to his girlfriend and insinuated himself between her legs. “It was your idea,” he reminded her. Her face told him it was the wrong thing to say. “Darlin’, I don’t wanna get tossed either, but if we play our cards right and that happens we’ll have enough money to hit the road in style.” He wrapped his hands around her thighs and gave them a gentle squeeze.

“We?” Her lips quirked up at one corner and he couldn’t resist but place a swift kiss there, so quick all he felt was a pleasant little sizzle.

“Yeh, we, us, you and me.” Even as he wagged a finger back and forth between the two of them his nerve failed him a bit. He hadn’t meant to just blurt that out; maybe he was rushing her and was going freak her out. Aw crap, he really needed to learn to play it cool with this girl.

“That sounds real nice, sugar,” she murmured as she placed a careful kiss on his nose, then snugged her thighs around his hips. “Where you planning on taking me?” she wriggled her hips playfully as his hand cupped her ass and pulled her closer to him.

Whew. He was more relieved than he cared to show. For a second he was about to have a heart attack from nerves. “I dunno. Ever had anyplace special you always wanted to go?”

“Hmm, Alaska sounds nice, all that snow, mountains, open space.” She nuzzled his neck thought his t-shirt. “No one would think I’m weird for wearing gloves.”

“Hey,” Wolverine said, tipping her chin up with one artfully placed finger, “I’ll always think you’re weird, darlin’.”

She rewarded him with a giggle, a slap on his ass, and a promise to come by his room during open hours later that day after she finished her homework. They curled up on his bed and rested up for the upcoming fights in between sneaky caresses whenever Angel wasn’t poking his head through the open door to regard them suspiciously. They both planned to fight that night, had to if they wanted to follow their own rules and set up a good example for the rest of the participants. If you want to watch you have to fight. Plus they were both itching for a scrap even since Angel had temporarily banned sparring in boxing class, especially between the two of them.

Late that night Rogue and Wolverine met some of the others on the roof and jumped off while grabbing onto a part of Kitty, who phased them into the ground painlessly then back out of it. They took off in different directions to avoid the cameras panning the property, the locations of which Lanche and Rogue had memorized like the backs of their hands. Twenty-five minutes later they rendezvoused at Colossus' SUV he’d left in the school parking lot and sped across town. They arrived at the far end of the old warehouse district where several beat up card from the HB crew were already outside, edging the field The House had decided was as good a place as any for the more destructive fights.

As they strode into the warehouse the babble of voices increased as kids came towards them, waving money and shoving forward the new prospects: Toad, Silver’s sister Scarlet, Siryn, Boom Boom, Sunspot, and Cannonball. Only Sunspot seemed reluctant to sign the contract, but his sponsor took him to the side and after a couple of minutes of intense conversation the South American mutant, shuffled forward with an embarrassed grin and put his money down.

Bishop sidled up to Wolverine and confided, “Had to promise his parents wouldn’t find out and front him the entry fee for tonight.” Wolverine stifled a smirk. Whatever it takes to bring them in.

Rouge walked around with Silver, showing the revised betting system board to all and informing the fighters of their matches for the night. Betting slips changed hands and the excitement rose as the first round participants started warming up: Scarlet Witch, who seemed more than eager, and Cannonball in an agreed no-powers match.

“Hey Cannonballs!” Deadpool slapped the blonde teen on the shoulder, “I wanted to ask ya-“

“That’s Cannonball, asshole!” the southern boy snapped as he jerked away from the scarred teen’s hand. He knew way too much about this nutbag to want anything to do with him.

"Really? You sure? Because I kinda had a healthy does of respect for you before..."

“Can it, Wade. What do you want?”

“Ya ever get a sip of that Wild Irish Rose?” Deadpool waggled his eyebrows suggestively.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Cannonball edged back from the nutty kid.

“Introduce me to your friend Siryn.” He leaned around the Xavier kid to leer at the redheaded lass. “I’d like to get a hold of her Lucky Charms.”

“Ugh, fuck off!”

As the night wore one the fights got crazier and it was a good thing Kitty was studying to be pre-med because they needed it. Especially when Toad started to bleed from his ears when Siryn laid a sonic scream on him that almost flattened the spectators too. The fight between Boom Boom and Jubilee left the field outside nothing but scorched earth.

Avalanche decided to sit it out tonight and was enjoying counting up The House’s tally as he swigged from the Scotch Zerker was charging everyone else an arm and leg for. Kitty hovered behind him for a bit, but when it became clear he was ignoring her she went to stand with the others. Rogue called the fights while Wolverine policed the betting pool as that Toad guy and Deadpool seemed up to no good.

The action was fast and furious, people fell and rose victorious, bodies folded and others stood with arms raised in victory, and the noise of the excited crowd rose ever more as the night wore on. Soon it was time for the final first round of fights to start between Deadpool and Wolverine and Rogue and Boom Boom. The boys had to have a powers match as neither of them had the ability to turn off their healing mutations or enhanced strength.

Rogue agreed readily to the blonde bombshell’s request of a square tussle, understanding not many people jumped at the idea of potentially having their soul sucked out through their skin. Rogue gave the girl a pair of her spare gloves, which earned her a grateful look until she said, “Don’t thank me yet.” Back to business. No friends in the ring.

Zerker reminded Wolverine to keep the claws to himself and for Wilson to take off his shirt, which revealed pair of tsai strapped to his back. The scarred teen didn’t even bother to look embarrassed at being caught and tossed them casually aside crooning in an eerie sing-song “Now is fighty time fighty time.” Wolverine shook his head at the guy as he warmed up. Nuttier than squirrel poo.

“Wolverine!” Heads turned. Oh yeh, them.

Cyke and Jean stalked into the warehouse with a look on their faces like there was a vile fart right under their noses.

“Let’s do this,” Cyke announced and stripped off his shirt in an attempt to strike an impressive pose. Jean eyed her man appreciatively as the other kids rolled their eyes and the scornful muttering started.

“Keep your panties on,” Wolverine grunted and returned his gaze to his opponent who was cracking his neck with a rather sick crunch with a sound a bit too much like broken bone.

“Look dickface, you wanted to settle this, so let’s settle it!” the quarterback shouted. Jean sneered, “Yeah!” Rogue rolled her eyes dramatically at them both.

Wolverine turned back to them, “You’ll get your chance, Scooter. This clown here is just an appetizer. You’ll be the main course.”

Before Cyke could protest further he and Jean were surrounded by the other members of The House, effectively penned in. The Contract was thrust before each of them and Rogue held one bare hand in front of the face of each of them as Avalanche rifled through Cyke’s wallet and Jean’s purse to take their entry fees. They spluttered and cursed but when the rest of the spectators crept forward to further surrounded them the Bully and the Bitch shut their pie holes.

The match started off fair enough, both giving and receiving some pretty nasty punches to the face, until Wolverine got a grip on Deadpool’s face and brought it down to crash into his kneecap. When the scarred teen flew back and landed on his back Rogue screamed the official knock-down as betting slips flew back and forth.

Deadpool started to laugh hysterically. “I've seen tougher Ken dolls than you! And I mean take your pick here - mod-hair Ken - disco Ken - summer fun Ken - I let Barbie whip me cuz I'm a wuss Ken-" the boy was still rolling on the floor, clutching his sides. The kids circling around them edged back a bit. When the scarred kid started losing his grip things tended to go South.

“Get up, Wilson!” Wolverine barked.

Gasping for breath, Deadpool crawled to his feet, giggles still escaping his lips as he braced his hands on his thighs. “What, you’re really gonna fight fair Wolverine? Gimme a break!” Suddenly he lunged and grabbed the Xavier boy by his wrists and shoved them against into his scarred face.

“Snikt me! SNIKT ME!” the kid screamed in Wolverine’s face, spittle flying as he kept laughing maniacally.

“What the--?!? Wilson, get offa me or so help me I’ll-" he growled at the psycho.

“Yeah? YEAH?! You’ll what? Show me my intestines? Hang my kidneys around my neck like fuzzy dice? Do it! LET’S GO!” He shook Wolverine roughly until the other boy wrenched away from him with a snarl.

The dark haired boy looked over to The House kids, “Is this guy insane?!” he shouted. Nods all around. Great.

“Look out!” Rogue shouted as she saw a flash over her boyfriend’s shoulder.

Too late, Wolverine felt the blade sink into the flesh in his side then slice upwards, parting muscle and stopping only when it hit his ribs. He roared in pain and fury and rounded on Deadpool, who snatched the knife back and twirled it in his fingers.

“You know something? I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship,” he chortled.

Bezerker rage overcame Wolverine as, with a savage howl, he launched himself at the other boy, bone claws slashing out as he punched and sliced with untamed, uncontrollable ferocity. Screams from the other kids rang out as blood splashed the floor each time the two combatants stabbed and ripped at each other. Another knife, Rambo huge with an evilly serrated blade, appeared almost magically in Deadpool’s other hand and flashed at Wolverine’s throat. He jumped back and rather than slice through him to his spine the blade merely sent a fantastically horrible jet of blood from his carotid artery.

Wolverine repaid him in kind by sliding past him as he slashed at the kid’s already scarred torso. When Deadpool went for his feint Wolverine tore through his hamstrings, leaving the kid crippled on the floor. No official shout for the knock-down, no cheers for one fighter or the other, only screams that had slipped from horrified yells to frenzied shouts for more blood. Rogue had gone silent, her eyes wide and blank as she watched her boyfriend reach down and grab his opponent by his throat.

“Let’s see how good you heal, bub!” Wolverine snarled into the hysterically laughing face of Deadpool.

“Snikt me! C’mon man! Show me what you got, you fucker!” he cackled, bloody froth spewing from his lips as he scrabbled at Wolverine’s face.

With a one quick and precise movement a severed hand fell to the floor. The bloodthirsty screams fell silent with a sudden snap, like someone had slammed a door shut on noise. Wolverine looked down at the still giggling amputee who was healing before his eyes.

“Can you give me a hand?” Deadpool wheezed as he crawled to his knees. “Never mind, I’ll get it.” He reached over and picked up his left hand and the cross section of his forearm that had also been sliced off between Wolverine’s three claws. “There we go,” he murmured between titters. Wolverine’s faced creased in disgust as he walked away and snatched a water bottle from the frozen hand of Silver, who was staring at him in amazement.

“Oh god, now it’s upside down,” came the mutter from behind him, accompanied by a squishy sound.

“Get him out of here!” Wolverine snapped at Colossus, who snapped out of his shocked stance and picked up Deadpool just as the boy reassembled his arm and hand in the correct combination.

As he was dragged out by the scruff of his neck the crazy kids called, “Had a lovely evening! Movies on Friday?!”

Wolverine turned in a slow circle to assess the others; they were all staring at him with undisguised awe. As if someone just turned the sound way up the crowd broke into excited shouts and whistles and congratulatory slaps rained down on his sore shoulders and back as he healed. He even tolerated the hands that ruffled his hair before he grabbed the Scotch from Lanche and downed half of it at a go.

He looked over at Cyke, who stood next to a crate, one hand resting on it as though to support himself. He looked sick and Jean held one hand over her mouth, her face pale and sweaty.

“Still hungry, bub. Ready to dance?” Wolverine growled. The claws were still out and he made sure they could see the blood on them.

Cyke took a step back, pulling Jean in front of him as a shield. “You’re a fucking psychopath,” he said shakily.

Avalanche stepped towards him, “You gonna fight or what?” The Bully cowered behind his Bitch and shook his head. “Then get to stepping!” he shouted and moved to grab the two and push them out.

Jean gasped, raised her hand from her mouth to her temple, and used her telekinetic power to knock Avalanche back so hard he skidded across the floor of the warehouse to slam into a support column, bashing his head.

“Oh no, you don’t!” shouted a high voice. Heads turned just as Kitty phased and leapt through Jean’s torso to rematerialize behind the girl and grab a fistful of scarlet hair. “Don’t you touch him!” she shrieked as she yanked down hard and bashed the redhead’s skull to the floor. The petite brunette stood over the cheerleader’s prone form, glaring down at her before she stomped one sneaker down on her back, leaving a perfect little footprint.

She rounded on Cyke, “What?! You want some of this?!” she shouted as she crouched down, ready to spring once more. Cyke turned tail and ran, leaving his girlfriend on the floor to be dragged out unceremoniously and dumped in the dirt on the far side of the district.

Wolverine laughed so hard he had to bend double, although part of that probably had to do with his s muscles and tendons trying to reattach themselves. When he looked up, wiping tears from his eyes, he caught Rogue’s eye. She was welded to her spot, not having moved at all since she’d screamed her warning to him. Her eyes were bright and glassy, her mouth open in an O.

Aw shit. He’d promised not to do this exact same thing. Didn’t matter Deadpool had brought out the blades first; he’d told her he wouldn’t bust out the claws.

“Hey, hey,” he approached her slowly, “Rogue, I know I said - I’m sor-" he was cut off by her sharp retort.

“Shut up and come with me!” She grabbed his hand and dragged him out a side door. He lowered his head, ready for her to yell at him for scaring her like that and breaking his promise. He was caught off guard when she slammed his back to the corrugated siding of the building and pressed herself hard against him, her hands scrabbling at his belt buckle.

“Oh my god, sugar, that was so hot!” she gasped. “Holy shit, you deserve a present for that little show!”