Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks for your patience my little deviants, i haven't posted in almost 3 weeks but i'll be putting up 2 chapters tonight. :)

these two will be the final segue chapters to get us the final handful of chapters where everything blows up all over the place and naughty times occur in detail
Wolverine and Rogue spent open hours Friday night stuck in their rooms, while Angel plopped himself in a chair in the hallway and made sure they stayed put until curfew and the alarms were turned on their doors and windows. They passed the time in growing irritation that not even a swapping of cell phone photos Xavier probably wouldn’t have approved of could alleviate. The fact that they could’ve been out whipping ass and breaking the bank at M.U. had it not been for the need to lie-low did little to improve their moods either. Wolverine was once again reminded that no matter how nice the bars were the school reminded him of a prison sometimes.

Saturday morning felt like early parole as they wandered out of their rooms. “C’mon darling, it’s Saturday, best breakfast of the week,” Wolverine said as he dragged her downstairs.

“Is that all you can think about? Food?” Rogue grumped as she allowed herself to be towed into the cafeteria.

“Nah, not the only thing,” he winked and slapped her on the ass with a loud crack that made quite a few heads turn and Warren’s usually smooth forehead crease from his seat at the teacher’s table.

“Oh, god you’re a morning person, aren’t you?” She winced and rubbed her sore ass, a smile slipping into place despite herself.

“Hey, no school today, what’s to hate?” Wolverine shrugged as he heaped every variety of protein available on plates, added some fruit and a bagel as an afterthought, and then loaded the tray enough soda and coffee to keep them both well caffeinated until next week. As they slid into their seats with Avalanche, Kitty, and Berzerker Rogue reached over to take a bowl of grapes but was stopped short by a sharp tap to her wrist.

“Get your own plate,” Wolverine growled as he began to shovel sausage into his mouth in an apparent attempt keep up with Lanche’s record breaking pace. Rogue’s mouth dropped open, a sharp barb on the tip of her tongue, when he winked at her between bites. “Kidding,” he grinned as he nudged the grapes towards her. She sighed in exasperation and, despite the horrifying realization that her man was apparently an early bird, smiled to herself as she felt him press his leg against her under the table.

She and Kitty alternated between amused and semi-revolted glances at each other as their respective boys tucked in more food than the human form could possibly hold, leading them to question several laws of physics. In between inhaling his eggs and apparently absorbing several strips of bacon through osmosis because all he did was look at them and they vanished, Lanche slid a paper across the table to Zerker. They were the notes Wolverine has passed to him about M.U. several days earlier, with his own suggestions penciled in at the bottom. Zerker swiveled his head around casually to look around the room, checking to make sure no one who didn’t need to know was nearby, then grinned conspiratorially at the others. “I like it, count me in,” as he sketched a few quick ideas of his own at the bottom and pushed them over to Wolverine, who nodded sharply.

“Like the way you think, just keep it real quiet,” he growled warningly.

Zerker winked. “I’ll drum up some business on my end, you just take care of yours,” he said quietly as he picked up his tray and left to hit the gym. He was determined to make a better show of it at the next M.U.

Lanche whispered, excitement dancing in his eyes, as he leaned over the table, “Next weekend?”

Rogue tapped her finger on her chin thoughtfully, “I dunno, we’ll have just gotten off probation but I bet Warren and Xavier will still be keeping an eye on us.”

Wolverine nodded, “Yeh, give it a week or two after and we should be good. Gives us more time to get it all together, make it worth the wait.”

Kitty leaned in now, on the pretext of taking a slice of apple from Rogue’s gloved hand, “I got some ideas on how to get the word out online, but only to the right people. There’s this shadow board I’m on and-” Wolverine and Lanche’s heads turned in surprise to look at the girl. “What? I’m not the fucking goody-goody you all seem to think!” she huffed in annoyance and elbowed Avalanche in the ribs.

The boy laughed and rubbed his sore spot before wrapping a possessive arm around the petite brunette’s waist and hauling her up with him as he stood. “Yeah, wanna prove it?” Without further ado, the couple walked out of the door leading to the mansion grounds and disappeared, wrapped around each other.

That looked like an excellent idea, one Rogue opened her mouth to suggest before Wolverine interrupted her. “Darlin’, can I borrow your bike?”

“What for” Even though her beloved motorcycle sat idle in the garage because she was banned from going off grounds, Rogue wasn’t wild about the idea of someone else using it, even if it was Wolverine.

“Gotta go into town, stuff to get,” Wolverine said mysteriously as he sipped his second cup of coffee.

“Uh-huh,” Rogue said suspiciously, crossing her arms across her chest, which pushed her boobs up in a pretty enticing way in her v-neck purple shirt.

Wolverine appreciated the view and made sure she noticed as his eyes dropped down the front of her top and rested on her bright green bra. “Yeh, gotta surprise for you. Doubt they sell what I got in mind in the commissary here.”

“Hmmm,” Rogue feigned reservations, but the idea of a gift was something no teenage girl could resist. “Don’t scratch it.” She smirked at the pleased look on the dark teen’s face at her acquiescence. “And you have to get the keys from Xavier and sign out, tell him where you’re going, all that junk.”

“Crap, forgot about that.” Wolverine scratched his chin in thought, and then took a deep breath. “Ok, just go get me some of our money, and I’ll meet you in the garage.” With that he stood up and walked over the teacher’s table where Xavier sat with Warren, Dr. McCoy and a couple of other teachers. He stood politely to the side, something that didn’t come easily, but you do what you got to do to get by around here, especially if he wanted to go on his little shopping excursion.

After a few moments, Xavier turned his head to see the young man standing respectfully to the side, “Yes, how can I help you Wolverine?”

“The truck’s finished. I gotta list of the stuff me and Scooter…uh…Cyke and me fixed.” The boy fished in his pocket and pulled out a crumpled dirty ball, smoothed it against his thigh, and held it out. Xavier hesitated to touch the grimy sheet but took it between two fingers, delicately laid it on the table, and examined it.

“Hmm, yes, hmmm. That was quite a bit of work,” he noted. Wolverine nodded once and kept his trap shut. It was a LOT of work, what with Cyclops getting under his feet making a mess of things, but no need to editorialize.

Xavier regarded the uncharacteristically reserved young man as he stood silently next to him. Perhaps this boy wasn’t as beyond hope as he’d initially seemed. “All right, a deal is a deal. How does $75 for your time sound?”

Wolverine clenched his jaw to keep from barking that a real garage would’ve charged about 6 times that for all the work. No point in ruffling anymore feathers literally or otherwise; Warren was still annoyed with him and Wolverine needed to get back in both his and the professor’s good graces.

“Yeh, sounds fair,” he said shortly. Xavier’s eyebrow crawled up an inch. It wasn’t hard to see the boy didn’t agree with his assessment of the cost of labor, but was willing to compromise to make some money…and something else? Yes, there was definitely something else the boy wanted.

“Good then, if you’ll come with me to my office I’ll pay you,” Xavier said smoothly and wheeled away from the table and down the hall. Once inside his office, Xavier keyed a code into an electronically locked drawer in his desk and pulled out the petty cash box. As he counted out Wolverine’s pay he looked up at the boy. “There was something else you wanted to speak with me about.” It wasn’t a question.

Wolverine shifted from one foot to the other, “Yeh, I know I’m on probation, but I’m not banned from leaving campus so I was wondering if I could go into town,” he said in a rush, “I’ve got stuff to do this afternoon when the shuttle takes everyone else to town, so I’d like to go this morning. I wanna get some clothes, I ain’t got much, and-“

Xavier held up a hand, stopping the boy in his tracks, then regarded the young man for a long moment as he opened his mind to catch the boy's quite noisy thoughts that bounced around the room. Yes, the boy did need some more clothes, wanted some books, wanted to go to the mall.

“On Rogue’s motorcycle.”

Wolverine scowled, “I though you said you didn’t go poking in other people’s heads without permission.” His jaw clenched again.

“Yes, well,” Xavier shifted in his chair, “You were broadcasting a bit. I can’t help but hear sometimes. Young people’s minds can be rather…boisterous.” Xavier could tell the boy to bit down whatever retort it was clear he wanted to fling at the older man for the perceived intrusion.

However, the teen schooled his expression and shrugged casually. “Yeh, alright, whatever. One of your vans needs a transmission drain and tune-up. I was gonna work on that this afternoon.” Might do good to let the old man know he planned to keep working on the Institute’s cars, like they agreed. Xavier wasn't the only one who held up his end of a bargain.

“Hmm, I see.” Xavier decided to take a chance and trust the boy on this one and dug into another desk drawer to retrieve the keys. He held them out to the teen, who reached eagerly for them before Xavier withdrew them a few inches. “Not going to run away are you?” he asked in a wry tone, but he was quite sincere in his question.

Wolverine froze in place for a moment, his hand still reaching over the desk. He shot the man something that almost passed for a smile. “Nah, I got stuff to come back to.”

Xavier picked up a startlingly clear thought of Rogue, followed by a flurry of interesting images of a project in shop class, playing ball with his friends, a hand reaching into a dirty engine casing, strong water pressure from a shower, and an absolutely massive breakfast.

Xavier leaned forward once again and dropped the keys into Wolverine’s outstretched hand. “All right, here you go. Back before 1pm, you have woodshop,” he reminded the young man, who nodded sharply once more before walked out of the office.

Now all Xavier could do was wait and see if the boy was as good as his word. He massaged his temples; Wolverine's thoughts had been quite loud, forceful, unusually so and had given him a headache.

As soon as the office door swung behind him Wolverine stamped down the urge to break into a run as he knew he wasn’t out of range of the telepath’s probing mind. So he walked calmly and deliberately down to the garage where Rogue waiting Once alone, she shoved a thick envelope in his jacket pocket as she slid her arms around his waist for a swift kiss.

“You think you got enough in there?” he asked, raising an eyebrow as he felt the heavy wad of cash.

“Well, better make it a good present,” she sassed then shoved a duffle bag at him. As his questioning look she grinned, “Besides, I want you to get me a few things while you’re in town. Here’s a list.” And sure enough she crammed a piece of paper into the pocket holding the cash.

“Christ, now I’m your errand boy?” he groused. Better not be any tampons on it. No matter how fucking awesome she was the Wolverine did not touch embarrassing girly hygiene products.

“Correction, errand man,” she soothed as she stroked the side of his face with her gloved fingers. Damn, he’d never get tired of that touch.

“Fine,” he growled, at the same time trying to resist the urge to nuzzle his cheek again that enticing hand, “better make it worth my while, woman,”

She answered with a stinging slap to his own ass as he slung the empty duffle across his back. He couldn’t help but grin and tried to grab her for some payback, but she danced out of reach with another grin, the kind that made his insides jump. He cranked the bike with a grin and roared out of the garage so fast the front wheel left the ground for a moment. Even over the roar of the engine and the wind in his face he heard her shriek of “Don’t scratch it!”

The girl was something else, a whole lot of things he didn’t have the words to describe but he figured fucking-A might cover most of it. The looks, the attitude, the motorcycle, the love of kicking ass. Oh yeh, she deserved a present. She’d given him a helluva present of his own at the last M.U. with the hottest blowjob of his life. But in order to repay her in kind, or better, he needed to go shopping. Yeh, he needed some new jeans and t-shirts, another set of gloves, but his main interest lay in the store across the street from the mall, which the handy-dandy cell phone with 3G Rogue had given him provided clear directions to, and a few pics of some of the more intriguing merchandise for sale.

But firsts things first: the basics before the dessert. Wolverine hit the first department store he saw at the mall, spent 2 minutes rifling through a few stacks of jeans to find ones in his size, grabbed a couple of pairs in varying shades of dark blue, and threw them on the counter next to the register. When the total came up he pulled out the envelope and rifled through it for the necessary bills, which caused the clerk waiting on him to raise her eyebrows until they almost disappeared into her hairline.

No way a kid should have that much cash. Drug dealer probably.

Wolverine noticed her suspicious gaze and smirked at her, showing a lot of sharpened canine, which caused the woman to quickly return her eyes to the pants she was bagging. After that he roamed the mall for a few minutes until he found a decent music store and snagged another handful of band t-shirts for the closet and a couple of CDs he’d been wanting: Tenacious D, the new Nine Inch Nails, box set of Queen at Wembley Stadium, Mudvayne, System of a Down. With relish he slapped down another bundle of bills on the counter. He’d never really had money to spend, and it felt damn good. But he checked himself from splurging on the MP3 and video player that practically screamed at him from the window of the Mac store. Had to remember that most of his and Rogue’s M.U. money wasn’t for blowing on random shit but to set them up if things went south. Get them on the road in style so they didn’t wind up on the street. And of course, a little gift for his girl.

And the list. Crap, he almost forgot about that.

Wolverine juggled his bags until he could grab the paper with a free hand. Gloves, damn specific on what kind, what store, what size. Lipstick, variety of shades with interesting names like Black Coffee, Liquid Insanity, Joker Green. And what’s this? Something from that very story across the street. No description, just a scribbled line that said “Pre-paid under my name, waiting at the counter.”

Alriiiiiiiight. That’s his girl.
Chapter End Notes:
sorry if there are some typos, as much as i proof i always miss a few and don't catch them until it's posted.

next chapter up later this evening!