It had been three weeks since Marie had walked into Logan’s life and changed it for the better. Three weeks since he had told her he loved her. Three weeks since she had broken down in his arms and told him everything.

He didn’t know what to think at first. After all, Stryker could have sent her out to keep tabs on him. But eventually, he had seen sense; the way she knew everything about him, the pictures she had of the two of them, the way she spoke of their last night together. Logan didn’t need his heightened senses to know she wasn’t lying, he could tell by the raw emotion in her voice and eyes. So he had held her while she cried and watched her as she slept.

When Marie awoke it was light outside, and the birds were chirping happily outside the bedroom window. She leaned over Logan’s side of the bed and looked at the clock on the nightstand, sighed when she realised it was only 6:15, and forced herself out of bed. Wrapping one of Logan’s shirts around her, Marie went to the kitchen for a cup of coffee. Logan had made a fresh pot before he went to work and, feeling that it was still warm, she frowned at the thought that she had just missed him.

Marie was halfway to the bedroom when heavy footfalls were heard on the front porch and she stopped in her tracks. Smiling to herself, Marie made her way to the door, thinking Logan must have forgotten something. But it wasn’t Logan who greeted her when she opened the door.

Her smile faded as Marie looked up into the face of Victor Creed - the man who had helped Magneto kidnap and ultimately kill her - but right now, he had no idea who she was. Before Marie had time to react, a large, taloned hand was wrapped around her throat and she was forced against the wall.

“Well,” he breathed against her lips as she struggled to regain her own breath. “Jimmy‘s got himself a pretty sweet deal here, hasn‘t he.” When Marie tried to talk, Victor shushed her, placing a finger over her lips. He slowly began moving his hand down, over her soft curves, and further until he reached her apex. When he lifted the hem of Logan’s shirt from where it lay against Marie’s thighs, she swiftly brought her knee up to collide with Victor’s balls. He immediately let her go to cradle his rapidly healing manhood, and she fought to stay on her feet as she got her breathing under control. Marie took in Victor’s appearance as he moved to pin her again. His hair was much shorted that when she had last seen him, but otherwise he looked the same the same: built like a brick shithouse and scary as hell.

“Let me go.” she said when Victor spun her around, pressing her against the wall so she couldn’t fight him.

He took both of her wrists in one huge hand and pinned them above her head, breathing against her neck as he did. “I don‘t think so, sweetheart.” Victor leaned in further, pressing his now healed hardness into her lower back. “I think I want to have a little fun before we get interrupted.”

“Too late for that.” Victor’s weight was suddenly gone, and Marie turned in time to see him on the floor at Logan’s feet. She almost gasped when she saw the bone claws protruding from his fists, the tips glistening with Victors blood. “Take the truck.” he told her. “Go.”

Marie grabbed Logan’s arm as she passed him, noted Victor’s unconscious form, and kissed Logan on the cheek before running out the front door.

It wasn’t until she was four miles down the road that Marie realised she had no shoes, pants or underwear for that matter. She pulled over and cut off the engine about halfway between Logan’s and the bar. She sat in silence, hands on the wheel, wondering what the hell had just happened. Half an hour passed before Logan tapped on the driver side window, making Marie jump nearly out of her skin. Opening the door, she threw herself into Logan’s arms.

“I was so worried about you.” she whispered as she clung to him. Logan held her tightly, breathing in her delicate scent and buried a hand in her hair. After a moment, Marie pulled back to examine Logan, noting the dried blood on his hands and face. “Oh my God, are you okay?” She ran her hands up Logan’s arms and her fingers caressed his jaw and lips. He took her hands in his when he answered.

“I‘m fine, baby.” Logan looked Marie in the eye and kissed her palm. “But I need to get you somewhere safe.” Marie thought for a long moment before responding, unsure of how Logan would react.

“I know where to go.”