Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry I took so long to update. Finished now anyway, please let me know what you think. xo
“So,” Logan said as he eyed the mansion at the end of the long driveway, “What makes you think these guys are going to believe a crazy story like this anyway?”

“You did.” Marie said, smiling sweetly when Logan mock scowled at her and bit down on his cigar. “Then again, we were naked when I told you.” then as an afterthought, she added “Maybe if I-” Logan cut her off with a low growl and she burst into a fit of laughter. “I’m kidding!”

“You better be.” Logan warned as he cut off the engine, stubbing his cigar out in the ashtray on the dash board. They both got out of the truck and headed to the front door, Marie eyeing the silver Porsche Spyder sitting just inside the open garage. When Marie rang the doorbell, Logan looked around and noticed a young redhead sitting against the trunk of an old tree on the lawn. Seemingly engrossed in her book, she paid him no mind, and Logan thought back to his own childhood. “I was never that young.” he told Marie, turning back and wrapping his arms around her shoulders from behind.

Marie turned to look at the girl before smiling. “Like you ever grew up.” The deep rumble in Logan’s chest could strike fear into the hearts of the bravest men, but only served to make the woman in his arms giggle, and he had to smile at that.

When the door opened, they were greeted by a tall, dark haired young man wearing red sunglasses. Marie instantly recognised him from an old class photo the Professor kept in his office. She and Logan were standing face-to-face with a teenaged Scott Summers.

“Hi.” he said cheerfully and wiped oily his hands on his grease stained t-shirt. “I‘m Scott. The Professor will be with you soon. Come in.” Logan was about to ask just how the hell this Professor knew about them, but Marie stopped him, walking straight in and pulling him after her.

“Hi, Scott.” she said, equally cheerful. “I‘m Marie, and this is my boyfriend, Logan.”

“Pleased to meet you.” Scott told them, sticking out his hand. Marie shook it politely, elbowing Logan in the ribs when he hesitated.

“That your Little Bastard in the garage?” he asked the boy before him.

“Sure is,” Scott confirmed smiling, “I’m almost finished restoring her, I‘m missing the tailpipe.” he told them proudly.

“Scott?” a voice called from down the hall. Marie recognised it instantly and tried not to stiffen as the source approached.

“This is the couple to see the Professor.” Scott told the newcomer. “This is Logan and Marie.”

“Erik Lehnsherr. I‘m an associate of Charles.” Both Marie and Logan took his hand when he offered it, but Erik sensed Marie’s unease. He was a tall man with bright blue eyes. His thick grey hair was swept back smartly, and he wore a dark purple suit. Marie thought back to when she had met him; all of his arrogance, all of her fear. Meeting him now though, with his friendly manner and kind smile, it was difficult to imagine what he would one day be capable of. “Unfortunately, Charles has been detained, but he caught me up on your situation.” Marie looked down at her feet, knowing what had to be done, and dreading it with all her heart.

“You have to go now.” Logan said, it wasn’t a question. He knew the inevitable when he saw it. He wished he could keep her forever, but if she was telling the truth - which he strongly believed she was - he would still remember her two decades from now.

“Well,” Erik said, not wanting to intrude in what was clearly a personal moment “Scott and I are going to go…over there…right now.” And with that, the two men walked off down the hall, pretending to admire some painting or another.

“What‘s with you and that Erik guy? Is he an ass in the future?” Logan asked, both genuinely curious and trying to put off the inescapable goodbye.

“We really don‘t have time for that story right now.” Marie told him with that sweet half-smile of hers. She took Logan’s hands in hers and looked him in the eye. “Maybe you‘ll find out someday. Maybe I changed things too much.” She squeezed his hands and fought to keep her feelings under control. “Logan, I…God, I love you so much.” Marie forced her eyes shut against the flood of tears that was sure to come.

“I love you too, baby. More that anything.” She moved her hands from his, sliding them up Logan’s arms as he pressed his lips to hers for what they both knew would be the last time.

Marie knew from having Logan in her head exactly how he was feeling. She had never needed words, neither of them had. They were always perfectly in sync, and others always felt the need to point it out when they finished each others sentences or laughed at a joke nobody else got.

Erik and Scott looked down the hall when a white light erupted from the lovers’ position. All they saw was a rapidly dimming radiance, and Logan standing alone.

A nano second or so later, Marie became devastatingly aware of someone shining a bright light in her eyes. She lifted her head and looked around, noticing that she was suddenly sitting at the breakfast table on the veranda. She was wearing green silk pyjamas and a creamy yellow bathrobe.

“You fall asleep again there?” Scott asked her, rolling up a pancake and almost swallowing it whole.

“I felt like a nap before the show.” she told him, smiling and wiping her eyes.

“That‘s so funny.” he said. He washed down his pancake with a swig of milky coffee, nodding to Logan as he approached the table, repeating the act when Jean placed a fresh plate of pancakes in front of him.

“That‘s disgusting. Really.” Logan said as he handed Marie a mug of strong, black coffee and sat next to her on the loveseat, putting an arm around her shoulders. “The sex must be really good.” Marie laughed into Logan’s chest, breathing in his masculine scent through his wife beater, as Jean snorted into her tea before composing herself. She tucked a long, red curl behind her ear before replying.

“Well, if you must know, we haven‘t slept together since we got engaged.”

“Yeah,” Scott agreed “We‘re waiting until after we get married.”

Logan grunted into his mug as Marie swatted his chest and chimed in. “I think it‘s sweet.”

“It‘s going to be magical, man.” Scott told Logan, and swallowed another mouthful of pancake.

“I believe you!” Logan replied, holding his hands up in surrender.

“Anyway, what about you guys?” Jean asked Logan, motioning to him and Marie and sipping her tea delicately.

“What about us guys?” he asked suspiciously, wondering where she was taking this.

“The way we hear it, you dropped your panties for Marie pretty much straight away.” Scott said and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

“I‘ll have you know that our relationship is not all about sex, okay?” Logan told him very matter of factly running his thick, strong fingers through Marie‘s hair.

“Huh.”

“Wait, there are things you don't know?” Marie asked sarcastically.

“Hey,” Scott cried in mock offence “I know lots of stuff!”

“What's the capital of North Dakota?” He hesitated before turning to face Jean.

“Will you still marry me?”

“Of course I will.” and she planted a sweet, soft kiss on his lips. “But only because the dresses are almost ready. Which reminds me,” she said to Marie “Storm said she‘d meet us in town. Something about ‘alone time’ with Forge.”

“We all know what that means.” Marie chirped, bumping fists with Jean.

“Why is it that we would get in trouble for doing something like that, but if you do it, it‘s cool?” Scott asked, setting his mug down on the table and leaning back in his chair.

“Because we‘re better than you.” Marie stated.

“And we‘re going to be late for our final fitting if we don‘t leave soon.” Jean finished for her. “So we should go get ready.” and Jean pulled Marie up out of Logan’s grasp, into the house and only stopped when they reached the elevator. “Oh, I forgot my phone.” she told Marie, turning back towards the terrace. “You go on. Can you meet me down here in an hour?”

“Sure thing.” Marie reassured her. “You don‘t have to worry about me, just think happy wedding thoughts.” Jean passed Logan on her way back out and didn’t stop when she spoke to him.

“Don‘t keep her too long.” she instructed him, and he saluted her as he jumped into the elevator after Marie.

“Hi.” he said casually, leaning against the wall beside her.

“Hi.” she replied coyly, and smiled when Logan bowed his head to capture her lips.

“I know you‘re not you.” he whispered against her lips. When the door opened, he grabbed her hand and pulled her down the hall and into his room. He closed the door, locked it, and pushed Marie up against the hard oak.

“What are you going to do about it?” she asked him, looking up through her long, dark lashes.

“Well,” Logan started, “The way I remember it, we didn‘t make love for four days between leaving my cabin and arriving here.” He pressed his lips to her neck, slowly moving to the sensitive spot behind her ear.

“So, that‘s four whole days to make up for?” she whimpered, trying to keep a level head and failing miserably. “Jean‘s waiting for me.” she argued when Logan stripped her of her bathrobe.

“Let her wait.” He left no room for argument as he pulled Marie to the bed, leaving a trail of pyjamas until Marie lay naked beneath him, reacquainting herself with his body. Marie ran her fingers lightly over Logan’s broad, muscular shoulders, slowly moving them down his back. She held him to her then, just taking in his scent, the texture of his skin, the way his body felt against hers.

“I really missed you.” she said, and smiled when he looked down into her big, brown eyes.

“I missed you, too.” Logan smiled back and kissed the tip of her nose. “I didn‘t even know if I would ever find you again.”

“But we‘re together now.” she told him, nuzzling Logan’s throat as his arousal rested on her abdomen. “That‘s all that matters.”

“You‘re right. You‘re absolutely right.” he agreed. “And I, personally, think the best course of action to take right now is to make up for lost time.” She giggled and Logan smiled, moving his cock against her entrance.

Marie pressed her lips to Logan’s again as he pulled her legs up and wrapped them around his hips, causing her to gasp when he entered her. She dug her nails into his back when he began thrusting into her, his pace slow and even, and he made sure to pay special attention to Marie’s sensitive spots.

He kissed her lips once more before moving to her neck and collarbone. Logan was quite enjoying the sweet taste of her skin when Marie flipped him over. Now straddling Logan, she looked down into his eyes and smiled, running her hands over his chest and moving slowly against him.

“Marie.” Logan moaned as she took all of him inside her, biting her lip and throwing her head back, her long, tousled hair falling over her shoulders and tickling Logan’s chest when she leaned down to kiss him.

“God, you feel so good inside me.” she told Logan, riding him harder and gasping as he met her thrust for thrust. He gripped her hips tightly and pulled her closer to him with every move. When she captured his lips again, Logan buried his left hand in her thick locks, rolling them over once more so they lay across the bed. He moved to lean on his right arm for leverage and sighed against Marie’s lips as she trailed her fingers down through the hair on his chest and abdomen, wrapping her arms around his waist and nipping his bottom lip. “Logan, I want all of you.” she said when his left hand began moving down her side to her hip. “No holding back.”

He smiled against her lips when he thought of how Marie had never been afraid of him, she had always accepted the animal that usually lay at rest within him. She knew fine well what he was capable of - be it from personal experience or from the memories she had absorbed when he saved her life - and she still loved him. She had always loved for one simple reason: they were the same. They were afraid when they found out what they were, they knew what it was like to be alone, they would do anything for one another. Sure, she didn’t understand hockey and didn’t much care for beer, but she still watched games with him, and she could sure handle her whiskey. They both made small compromises from time to time: she would watch a hockey game and he would give Firefly a chance, she would help him tinker with his bike and then they would share a bubble bath. They were happy, they fit perfectly together.

“Logan?” Marie asked after a moments silence, Logan unmoving above her, inside her. “Where are you?”

“I‘m here, baby.” he told her reassuringly, kissing her softly once more “I love you so much.”

“I love you.” she echoed, and her voice held that sweet, delicate tone reserved for Logan alone. He ducked his head and seized her lips again, on a sudden moving hard and fast inside her. The only reply to Marie’s moans and cries was a deep, predatory rumble from low in Logan’s chest, exciting her further as they drove each other closer to the edge.

Marie raked her fingernails down Logan’s back and across his shoulders as he pounded her sensitive pussy, nipping and sucking her swollen lips all the while. “Logan,” she breathed heavily “I‘m so close.” her voice purely a whimper as the sensations of her impending orgasm overtook her.

“Marie.” Logan groaned, his lips crushing hers yet again, and in his passion induced haze he could swear it was for the first time. He sighed at how her lips felt, soft and compliant against his own hard, demanding mouth. Logan moved his left hand from her hip and under the small of her back, altering the angle of penetration. They swallowed each others cries of ecstasy as they fell over the brink together, Logan holding Marie in an iron grip as he were afraid to let her go.

They lay like that until Jean came knocking at the door, Yelling that they only had fifteen minutes before they had to leave. “Shit.” Marie mumbled under her breath, and then to Jean “I‘m getting dressed as we speak.”

“Sure you are.” Jean yelled back, a smile evident in her voice.

“She‘ll be ready soon, Red.” Logan told her, pulling out of Marie and smiling when she half frowned, planting a soft kiss on her nose.

“If you say so.” they both listened as she walked off down the hall and back to her room to finish getting ready.

“I‘ll get the shower started.” Logan said, making his way to the bathroom while gloriously naked.

Marie rolled onto her side and propped herself up on her elbow, watching him as he went. She really didn’t know what she had done to disserve Logan, but as she thought about the past few years - all he had done for her, all he had shown her - she knew she could never leave him. Hell, she probably brought him here so she would know where to find him when she got back to her time. She always had been a little bit selfish, but then again, who wasn’t? And Logan was the same with her - every time she had a nightmare, he would welcome her into his arms, and his bed, and hold her until the morning.

Logan walked back into the bedroom to find Marie daydreaming, and smiled when he caught her gaze. “What are you thinking about?” he asked her, making his way to her and lying down again beside her.

“I was thinking how immensely lucky I am to have you.” she told him, threading her fingers through his thick, untameable hair.

“You brought me here on purpose, didn‘t you?”

“No!” she started, but decided it was probably best to give it up as a bad job. “Yes and no.” Logan looked her dead in the eye and stared her down. “More yes than no.” Marie finished as she dropped her gaze. “Are you mad at me?” she asked coyly.

“Baby, you are the best goddamn thing that ever happened to me.” she smiled as Logan tucked a stray curl behind her ear. “I could never be mad at you.” He kissed her sweetly once more and pulled the sheet from her perfect form. “Go get in the shower, I be there in a minute.”

“You promise?” Marie asked seductively, earning herself another growl from Logan. She giggled and made her way to the bathroom as instructed, sending up a little Thank You to whatever God might be up there that they were both where they were meant to be.