Author's Chapter Notes:
Song is by The Fray. "You Found Me."
“Why Do I constantly wake up in the hospital?” Rogue muttered as she opened her eyes.

Bobby stood up immediately and kneeled by her side. “The doctors said it was a minor concussion. Do you remember what you were doing?”

Her eyebrows pulled together. “No... I...” she took a deep breath. “I was walking through the forest... and that’s all I remember.”

He nodded. “That Gambit sure is something.” He muttered under his breath.

“Oh you met him?” she asked rubbing her head.

His eyes narrowed. “He was the one carrying you out of the forest.” When she looked surprised he sighed. “I know. I thought it would have been Logan in a heartbeat. This new guy seems to like you.”

Marie shrugged. “He’s just doesn’t have anyone. He was staying out in that cabin all alone you know.” She stretched “He’d even like Kitty he was so lonely.”

Bobby’s teeth clenched and she was curious what that was in reaction to but a second later the professor was at the door.

“I see you’re doing well.” He said rolling forward.
“As good as ever. Can I leave yet?” she asked.
Xavier nodded. “You got back just in time for the Winter Formal tomorrow.”
Rogue groaned and turned to Bobby. “Do I have to go?”
He smiled. “Just for a while. I promised some people I’d be there.”

*** The Next Day ***

Rogue was rolling her gloves up her arms and halfway past her elbows when there was a knock at her door. Assuming it was Bobby she reached for another earring and called “Come in.” She had just put her other earring in when she murmured. “Could you zip me up?”

She felt it go to the top and when he finished she turned around.
“That’s a nice colour on you.” Gambit murmured.

She was wearing a dark blue dress that trailed on the ground behind her. It sparkled like stars in the night sky. Her gloves that went just a couple inches past her elbows were white and her hair was done up in a loose bun with a few strands hanging messily around her face.

“Gambit. I’m sorry... I thought you were someone else.” She said out of breath.
He shrugged. “That’s okay. I don’t mind.”
She realized then what he was wearing. A clean cut black suit, his hands tucked into his pockets and his bow tie was undone.

She was taken aback. “You clean up good.” She murmured.
He snorted. “You sound surprised.”
“No I just... Sorry.”
“Stop apologizing.” He smiled.

Rogue took a deep breath. “Listen, I’ve got to get going. I’m already late.”
“I’ll walk with you.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” She whispered quietly as he followed her out the door.
He let out a laugh. “What? You’re fiancé afraid of some good healthy competition?”
“Perhaps if you were competition he would be but under the circumstances no.” She started walking down the hallway briskly with him matching her pace easily. “I’m sure there will be lots of girls at the dance willing to spend some time with you.”

He nodded. “That’s true.” He admitted. “But I like a little challenge.”
“I’m not a trophy Gambit.” Suddenly she realized there was someone else in the hallway. “Logan!” she exclaimed. “I was looking for you.”
She shot Gambit a glare and hurried to meet up with Logan, leaving Gambit alone in the hallway.
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you liked it! Let me know!