Author's Chapter Notes:

DISCLAIMER: I own nothing.

A/N: Thanks for the reviews! Here is the next chapter with more characters!

CHAPTER 27

The night was uneventful as always. Crying, nursing, changing the diaper and praying that Becca would fall asleep as soon as she hit the pillow. Slowly Marie was getting used to her night calls and was already awake and waiting for her demanding girl's wail for her 4:35 A.M. feeding. The child was like clockwork.

Like Logan, the brunette was sleeping in on this Saturday morning and heard the door to her room open slowly. But she remained motionless in her half sleep state, hoping her intruder would leave her alone. A few seconds ticked away before the door closed again.

X X X X X

It was already past 11:30 in the morning when Scott was on his chaperon duty. Rogue was still curled up in her sheets sleeping, and no sign of Logan near her. But to be on the safe side he walked over to the feral's door opening it slowly. There on his bed, facing away lay Logan, his comforter crumbled together to shelter him from the sunrays falling in through the curtain.

Scott grinned at the sight of the Wolverine sleeping in his makeshift cave and was about to leave when the other man's hand suddenly lifted and balled to a fist while the single middle claw slid out from between his knuckles. The leader of the X-Men shook his head in amusement and closed the door again.

X X X X X

"What have you planned for today?" Bobby asked Kitty and Jubilee as he and his two roommates slumped down next to the girls on the couch in the rec room. But the brunette gave him and John only a sideway glance and smiled up at Colossus, as did the Asian. "Ok, what have I done? You two ignore us for days now!"

"You're even stupider than I though you were, Iceman." Kitty hissed zapping through the channels.

"What?" But he was interrupted by the fire manipulating mutant. "Is this 'bout Rogue?"

"Uhu… seems like there isn't only hot air in Pyro's head." Jubilee spat and popped her chewing gum, facing the two boys with piercing eyes. "Has even the idea of an apology crossed those puddin' minds of yours?"

"Apology to Rogue?" John stared at her like she had grown a second head and lifted his bandaged right hand. "I'm the one deserving an apology!"

"Are you seriously thinking this you jackass? You insulted Rogue in front of the entire school! How could you ask her if she had slept around?" Kitty had jumped to her feet by now and was bending down towards her classmate, intimidating him by her closeness and vicious features. "Don't you think she has it hard enough already with the baby all by herself?"

Bobby snorted. "Wolverine is helping her and all the other teachers."

"Wolvie might be the Grinch most of the time, but he's loyal and stands up and helps his friend, you brainless, disloyal jerks!" Jubilee had almost swallowed her gum during her rant. "Have you two ever thought how Rogue might feel as a single mother, while that good for nothing father of her baby doesn't want to know anything about her or his responsibility?"

Kitty never gave the two boys the chance to reply. "And you Mr.-the-easiest-way-out, ask her if she would give her child away while she holds her daughter happily in her arms!" She still held the remote control in the hand – waving it up and down the entire rant – before throwing it into the sofa's cushions making it bounce back and fall to the floor. "You disgust me!"

"Come, chica, we should pick Rogue and Becca up for lunch." Jubilee hooked her arm with the brunette and both strode away with Piotr on their heels, while Bobby and John stared wide eyed after them and the few other students present began to clap their hands.

X X X X X

Jubilee knocked on Rogue's door, but when she received no answer, she opened it and entered the room. The three friends heard noise and cheering coming from the adjoining room just as Logan's gruff voice called them over. "Rogue's here."

Kitty made wide eyes as they entered Logan's room. "Wow, you have a TV, Mr. Logan!" But the man only grunted and snickered – an unlit cigar between his lips - while Rogue began to curse colorfully as the other hockey team made another point.

"Woah, Roguey, hadn't thought you have such a vocabulary." The Asian was impressed by the usually shy girl, who was now blushing like a tomato and pressing her back against the pillow on Logan's bed.

"It's true." Marie huffed and stuffed her mouth with popcorn swallowing another streak of curses, when one of the Rangers was tackled to the ground, blood splattering on the ice.

Logan chuckled and played with the little legs of Becca, who lay cooing on his chest. "It ain't." He saw the evil glare of his mate, but spoke to his daughter, still chewing on his cigar. "Don't listen to your mamma, kiddo, the Rangers suck."

"Hey!" The young mother smacked Logan in the shoulder. "Don't corrupt mah baby girl. The Rangers are great!"

The man only grunted about her attack. "Yeah, so fuckin' great that they are loosin', Kid."

"Didn't know you like hockey, Rogue." Piotr leaned against the bathroom-door eyeing the girl bantering with the feral mutant.

Logan sensed how uncomfortable his Marie became. She was so insecure around kids her age when it came to things she liked or wanted to do, always fearing what the others would think of her. "Think she's the only one in this mad house, who is lookin' forward to the NHL."

"And ya." The brunette chirped and watched Jubilee sink down on the end of the bed, ignoring Logan's dark glare and growl.

"So Wolvie made you a hockey fan?"

"Nah, she was before we met. Otherwise she wouldn't support those mamma-boys." His shoulder received another hit, but he ignored her playful assault. "But Becca isn't corrupted yet. Ain't you?" Logan asked the baby and tickled her belly.

"Ah so knew it that ya would try and influence Becca in that matter." Another hit.

"Chica, why in the world hockey? You can't even see if those guys have a nice ass or not."

"That's the only thing on your mind, Jubes." Marie hitched her brow at her friend and saw the grins of Kitty and the Russian.

"That's why I prefer swimming."

"Swimming is no sports, Yellow!" Logan bellowed and stopped the tape of the game. "Gonna finish it later, Kid. Don't wanna have Half-Pint's vomit on my carpet."

Kitty would have blushed if she hadn't struggled with her stomach and the picture of the bleeding nose and mouth of one of the players. "How can you watch that, Rogue? So much blood and eww."

Marie had to grin about her friend and shrugged. "Ah saw the afterbirth when Becca was born. Believe me, Logan skinning Mr. Summers alive wouldn't be that gross."

The smaller brunette clutched her stomach and averted her eyes from the Canadian and the baby. Logan suddenly held an evil smirk. "You know, Rogue kept the umbilical cord when it fell off. If you ask nicely I'm sure she'll show it to you." He hadn't finished as the girl turned around and phased through his dresser and wall, leaving his room.

"We wanted to pick you up for lunch, Roguey, but I doubt Kitty is fond of eating now." Jubilee popped her gum once more feeling a little sick at the memory of the baby-bathing session.

X X X X X

Kitty leaned back against the cool wall of the hallway, concentrating on shoving the image of Robbie Williams's music-video 'Rock your body' from her mind. Her stomach was calming slowly as she looked up and saw two familiar faces, she hadn't thought she would see so soon again. "What do you assholes want now?" She spat at the two boys.

Bobby almost jumped by the brunette's attitude, but he stepped closer with a guilty expression. "You were right that we behaved like idiots and we're here to apology."

Color returned to the girl's pale face and she eyed the boys suspiciously. "Oh, you suddenly found your consciousness or is it your own fear that you might be shunned now by the whole school?" She saw Bobby's eyes flicker over to the other boy and their expressions became more uncomfortable. 'They're worried 'bout their reputation! Those jerks!'

Bobby swallowed and ignored her comment and returned to the door the two had just walked past when they saw their classmate. "We'll apology to Rogue. She's in her room, isn't she?"

Kitty grinned, her sickness forgotten. "Nah."

"Where's she? The dining hall already?" John asked though he doubted that, since the food wouldn't be served for another 20 minutes.

"Oh no. She's in Wolverine's room." Her grin grew when she saw the fear in the boys' faces. "You still wanna apology?"

"Umm… yeah. Why should this change now?" John pressed out between gritted teeth, he wouldn't show her another weakness and how the feral got under his skin.

Kitty pushed away from the wall and knocked at the next door, before opening it. "Here are two idiots to talk to you, Rogue."

Logan had listened in on the conversation before his room and his impression of the small brunette went up a notch – maybe he'd shout one time less at her during training. He stood up with Becca still cradled to his broad chest as two sheepishly looking boys entered his room, their fearful gazes lingered on him and the baby before shifting over to Marie, who crawled on all fours towards the edge of the bed, visibly surprised to see her classmates. With a low growl, which surprisingly didn't startle the newborn, Logan glared at the teenagers before gazing at his mate. "I'm over in your room changin' Becca." Those jerks should know he wasn't far away if they tried to hurt his Marie again.

"Thanks, Logan." The young mother watched him vanish in her room while standing up and crossing her arms over her chest. "What do ya want?" Her chocolate eyes bore into the boys.

"Umm…" John's gaze was still centered on the open connecting door as he received Bobby's elbow to his ribcage. Huffing the boy scowled at his friend before turning his eyes to the brunette. "We're here to apology, Rogue." He stared into her impassive features unsure what else to say. "I… I didn't think at all… before saying those things to you in the dining hall."

"Neither did I in the morning. I'm sorry, Rogue." Bobby continued while John added his own 'I'm sorry.'.

Marie stared at them, her gaze hard. "Okay." She saw the misery vanish from the boys' faces and remembered Logan telling her that she was too forgiving. Maybe, maybe not. Anger was still clenching her gut. "But don't think everything is peachy again." Their expressions became guilty again and both nodded.

An awkward silence followed in which the six teenagers glared at each other. "Umm, is there anything we could help you with, Rogue?" Iceman eventually asked, hoping she wouldn't take him upon his offer – at least not with anything concerning the baby.

"You could take this and bring it to the dumpster." Came a gruff voice from behind them. Logan smirked when he saw the discomfort and fear on the boys' features and held a with diapers filled trash bag under their noses.

Bobby exchanged a gaze with John before stepping closer to the Canadian, eyeing the man and the baby propped up on his shoulder. "Sure." He pressed out and took the bag reluctantly making sure to hold it as far away from his body as possible without looking like a complete idiot.

The girls and Piotr had to fight the grins on their faces as their classmates left with their new task. Logan was indeed looking forward to being a teacher.

Chapter End Notes:
Comments!