Author's Chapter Notes:

DISCLAIMER: I own nothing.

CHAPTER 6

Storm was still shocked to the bones about the revelation of Rogue's hidden pregnancy and Logan's fatherhood. She had noticed the strong tie the two shared the night Logan had accidentally stabbed Rogue. This invisible bond got only stronger after Liberty Island.

Jean had called it cute that little Rogue had a crush on her hero, but the weather witch soon understood that the girl was deeply in love with the feral man. This and the fact that Logan threw the girl gazes of pure love every time he thought nobody was looking, her red haired friend didn't seem to notice – or maybe she didn't want to. After all he was officially hitting on Jean, but Storm figured out that for one, flirting seemed to be in Logan's genes and for two, he wanted to piss Scott off.

She had thought that Rogue and Logan would make a nice couple and that he was only waiting for her 18th birthday. Obviously she was wrong with this hypothesis. But then again the two insisted that nothing had happened and the professor seemed to have verified this with his behavior – at least to some extent. Storm decided that she would ask Wolverine about what had really happened that night.

At the moment she was in the kitchen heating a bottle formula, while four of the older students had encircled her and watched her closely.

Eventually the Asian girl spoke up, what was obviously on the mind of all teenagers present in the room. "Miss Munroe, is the baby Rogue's?"

"Why do you assume this, Jubilee?" What should she answer?

The normally chatty girl traded a long gaze with her friends. "Well… Rogue and Wolvie, umm, Mr. Logan drive to town for a few hours and they come back bone-shaken and with a wailing baby…"

"Not to mention Rogue's wet back of the shirt and pants." Bobby clarified.

Kitty thought of the behavior of the calm girl and eventually chimed in. "Rogue didn't feel well the last few days."

Storm listened carefully to the students' explanations, now Jubilee spoke again. "The boys always joked that she would hide somethin' under her large shirts."

"A baby belly." John clarified.

The teacher contemplated her options and came to the conclusion that she didn't really have any. "Well… this only concerns Rogue."

The eyes of Rogue's two roommates grew wide in shock of the confirmation. "So it's true?! Who's the father?"

Bobby remembered the first assumptions his friends came up with. Everyone in the mansion knew he wanted more from Rogue than just being friends when the girl first arrived at the school. Only she wasn't interested in him and she had withdrawn from almost every social contact the past few months. But still, Jubes came up with the question, if he, Robert Drake, could be the father. With the benefit of hindsight he was glad that he NEVER got involved with the girl. "Some student?"

Jubilee made a slicing gesture with three fingers of her hand. "Gee, I don't wanna be in the guy's skin when Wolvie finds out, who touched the Untouchable Rogue."

Storm grinned at the irony and fetched the warm bottle. She left the kids looking after her with nosy faces as she entered the hallway.

X X X X X

Ororo returned to the peaceful picture of Rogue holding her daughter with a gentle smile as she nursed the tiny girl. Logan had his arm wrapped around the young mother and stroked the baby's head tenderly. He didn't wear his usual scowl, his face was relaxed and he looked happy.

The weather witch approached the family – that it was what this picture suggested – and placed the useless bottle on the table with the other purchases while listening carefully to the conversation between the young parents.

"How about Becca?" Marie looked up expectantly and leaned closer into Logan's chest. "From Rebecca."

"Becca…" His gaze traveled from Marie's happy face down on his daughter's serene features. "I think she looks like a Becca."

A content smile formed on the young mother's lips. "So it's Becca then?"

"Yup." Logan pressed a kiss to Marie's head.

They sat a moment in comfortable silence, the other adults watching them, when Marie suddenly looked down to her baby, somewhat bewildered. "Huh? Ah think she fell asleep."

Logan also gazed down and raised his eyebrow as he saw the newborn had her eyes closed contently and her little lips still encircled her mother's nipple, but her mouth didn't move anymore. "Takin' a nap durin' eating?" He met Marie's view with a disbelieving grin. "You sure she's my kid after all?" This bad joke earned him an elbow to the ribs. "Ow!" Wolverine rubbed his side playfully.

Marie's gaze became a mixture between helpless and worry. "Shouldn't she burp or something like that?" Carefully she lifted the baby and removed her from her breast.

Logan's expression told everyone present that this one was way beyond him and he did the only thing he could think off and covered Marie's exposed skin with her giant shirt. "Whadya lookin' at me, Kid? She's the first baby I ever held in my arms… at least in the last 15, 16 years I remember."

"Lay the towel over mah shoulder, Logan." Her eyes were on the white fluffy cloth Becca had rested in during her examination.

He did as he was told and observed the girl cradle the tiny baby against her shoulder and rub her back in small circles. The child was half awake during this procedure.

"Do Ah something wrong, Dr. Grey?" Marie looked up to the woman next to her just as the baby burped and spit her meal into Marie's brown hair. "Eww… Next time a larger cloth." The brunette pulled her daughter gently away from her body and held her before her face. Rogue felt her mouth go slack at the expression her baby gave her. "She has your wicked grin, Logan!"

"Kid, doubt that a newborn can grin, let alone wicked."

Now she narrowed her eyes first on her kid and then at her father as she carefully shifted Becca, so everybody got a good view on the little girl's features. "And whaddya call this?!"

Storm and Jean chuckled in disbelief as they saw the content and somewhat evil grin on the baby's little face, the smeared milk on her lips only added to her impish aura. "She's SO your kid, Logan." Ororo laughed and snatched the clean towel from Rogue and wiped gently the tiny face.

Logan stared in disbelief at his small daughter, but suddenly while scrutinizing the newborn, a warm feeling welled up in his heart and he picked the tiny girl up from her mother's arms, holding her with pride. "Next time you aim at Scooter, kiddo." He pointed his thumb towards a still pissed Scott and the baby began to coo happily. "Yep, that's my girl!"

Marie giggled at Wolverine's smug attitude and rubbed her child's meal from her dark locks. Ok, she definitively needed a long warm shower. But till she got it, why not try and get some more spit in the hair? "Logan, give her back to me, Ah wanna try to feed her again. She must have spit out everything she had eaten."

The Canadian was glad to hear Marie had finally accepted her baby – no, their baby and he placed the child back into her waiting arms.

X X X X X

Logan sat so in front of Rogue that he shielded the nursing mother from the views of the two other males, who had approached the parents. Xavier thought it time to inform everybody about what he had decided concerning the new situation. To Rogue's and Logan's relief he insisted that the young mother would remain student at his school, since the professor wanted to keep a close eye on the girl and her child. After all he felt for all his students like a father and he was curious about the possible mutation the child might show sometime in the future.

Ororo told them, what she had learned in her conversation with the students in the kitchen. "The rumor-mill is up to speed. Though nobody seem to suspect Logan to be the father."

"Who then?" Jean asked curiously.

"Some student."

"Your short visit at that time is still unknown to the students, so you wouldn't even come into consideration." The professor stapled his fingers before his face and continued in his calm voice, though fixing Wolverine with his serious grey-blue eyes. "This will stay this way."

"Whadya mean, Chuck?" Suddenly Logan feared he would have to leave his two girls.

"You will be allowed to stay at this school and resume your occupation as P.E. and self-defense teacher, Logan."

"You can't be serious, pro-" Scott was silenced by one lifted hand of the older man, who faced him now before continuing.

"Logan's affection for younger girls is solely confined to young Rogue, not that this would make it any more right, but it'll be safe to entrust our students into his care."

Logan breathed out a sigh of relief. "So I'm allowed to stay near my daughter and Rogue?!"

"Rogue will need all help available to successfully cope with her new situation as teenage-mother and student. Also denying a child her father wouldn't be beneficial for her development." The professor heard the mental exclamation of his X-Men leader. "Yes, Scott, even if the father is Wolverine." Logan snarled at Cyclops, but Xavier continued as if the threatening had never occurred. "But your stay is subject to following conditions. You, and I mean both of you, Rogue." His eyes darted to the young brunette. "Will under no circumstances pursuit your relationship in any intimate way, till Rogue has graduated and has become off-age. Made I myself clear?" His glare dug into the young parents.

Rogue only nodded embarrassed that her mentor knew, she were the seducer. Logan also nodded. "No objections there, Chuck. It's what I told Rogue to begin with."

"Huh?" Jean shot the Canadian a disbelieving look, after all he never made a secret about his intentions on the red head and now he admitted that he had his eyes on Rogue, too.

"Told her, she can return to my bedroom when she's 18." Logan only shrugged, but saw the balling fists next to Scott's sides out of the corner of his eyes, like he noticed the disapproving shakes of the head of the two X-Women.

Meanwhile a deep blush had covered Rogue's face and she hoped the earth beneath her feet would rip apart and swallow her.

Xavier knew that Logan was aware of Rogue's youth and inexperience and that the feral man loved her too much to push her into anything she didn't want or would hurt her in the long run. "Furthermore the identity of this child's father will officially remain unknown."

"WTF?!"

But Logan's cussing was interrupted by the professor's risen hand. "We are all aware that this baby is the outcome of a sexual interaction between an underaged student and her teacher, even though you weren't her teacher to the time the child was conceived, Logan." He paused a moment, so everybody had time to grasped the legal consequences. "This is a school, and this behavior is not tolerated. You'll take care of your daughter, Logan, but under the official assumption that you are only Rogue's friend – platonic friend – and want to help her with her child. Understood?"

Logan's jaw tensed, he didn't want to deny his kid, but he could understand Xavier's delicate position. One slip of the tongue of one of the students to their parents – the ones that still had contact with their families – or in town to some stranger and the police and child protective service would stand before the school gates. And the school's reputation would be ruined as well. "Fine."

Marie was genuine surprised that he wouldn't argue back. "What's when the other students ask me about the father?"

"Say you don't wanna talk about him." Storm answered quickly.

Xavier steered his wheelchair closer to the young parents. "You have the next few days to strengthen the bond between you and your daughter, Rogue. When you've found a circadian rhythm, you'll resume attending classes with the allowance to take breaks in order to nurse your child and only for this purpose."

Marie smiled as a big stone lifted from her heart. "Yes, professor. Thank ya."

Xavier returned the girl's smile. "The room you share with Kitty and Jubilee is too small to shelter a crib and I want to spare your roommates the nightly disturbances. So I suggest you'll move to a room in the teacher's wing with your daughter, where we'll have a better eye on you." He turned to Wolverine. "Logan, you can stay in your old room, but you are free to move into the room neighbored to Rogue's new one."

A smile tugged on Logan's lips and he shared a short glance with Marie, before nodding to the older man. "Thanks, Chuck."

But Xavier wasn't finished yet. "And the two of you will never lock the doors to your rooms." Both nodded again. "We'll check on the three of you on irregular points in time, to ensure that you keep to the conditions." This made Scott smirk like stupid and Logan had to bite down his growl. The professor had to do this, his consciousness told him.

Marie burped her baby again, this time everything landed on the towel, and wiped her tiny mouth clean. Then she cradled the sleepy Becca against her chest, hoping she would fall asleep any moment.

Xavier observed the exhaust teenager. "I think it's time you retire to your new room, Rogue." His gaze switched to Ororo. "Storm, please show them to their rooms. It would be nice if you could pick up a few clothes for Rogue to change into from her old room."

"Sure." Storm fetched the two jackets and the package diapers from the floor and watched Logan stuff his purchases into the bags.

Marie was grateful she didn't have to face her roommates today. "You can move in complete tomorrow during classes, so nobody can ask questions." Xavier finished and wheeled towards the door. "If you will excuse me now."

"Thank ya very much, professor!" The brunette beamed at the man, but his face became suddenly serious again.

"And the share of the bathrooms is strictly forbidden." His eyes dug into Rogue and she nodded embarrassed, with those words the older man left.

Chapter End Notes:
A/N: Becca is the name of Rogue's and Gambit's daughter, I thought I'll stick with that name.

I had some difficulties to write Xavier, hope I got his character and style of speech right – at least remotely.