Rogue woke up before him that morning, having to slip herself gently out of Logan’s arms when she got up. At about four in the morning she and him had finally moved to the bed, after changing into some dry clothes. She had only slept about three hours, it was eight o’clock now and she couldn’t sleep any longer. She was restless.

She was wearing short black shorts and pink slippers. They had been a gift to her from Kitty when she had first moved in. Her favourite dark green tank top hugged her around her bra line, showing just the right amount of cleavage. Not thinking that anyone would be awake she slipped out the door quietly. Her hair pulled into two messy braids with random strands flying everywhere. Overall, she looked like shit to herself, but absolutely adorable to anyone else.

Passing by a series of closed dorm room doors, she crept down the stairs around the corner and without looking around saw a bowl full of muffins on the counter with a note that said ‘help yourself everyone!’ She reached out and grabbed one, taking a bite she turned around to head to the table where there was usually a newspaper.

Bobby was sitting there, an eyebrow raised with reading glasses on and the newspaper unfolded in front of him. He smiled at her when she jumped scared out of her mind, choking on a muffin. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.”

Rogue tried to catch her breath, coughing slightly. “No, no. My fault. I should have looked around first.” She picked nervously at the muffin as she stood awkwardly, unsure of what to do.

He let out a half hearted laugh. “Please, sit down. It would be nice to have company this early. Everyone else sleeps till at least eleven on a Saturday.” He gestured to the seat beside him.

She was about to say no before she stopped herself. Why not? She mashed her lips together as she slipped over and sat down at the seat across from him, rather than beside him. On the wooden table was a bowl full of fruit. In side were oranges, three different types of apples, bananas, star fruit, dragon fruit, and some lemons and limes. It was colourful, and very pretty.

“So, how are you finding it around here?” he asked, pulling off his glasses which somehow made him look sexily smart and attractive.

Her shoulders were pulled in, clearly making her look nervous about being there. She tried to calm herself down. “It’s good. Just... y’know, different.” She shrugged, picking off a piece of her muffing and placing it in her mouth. She chewed slowly, tasting the sweet batter and the blueberries.

He nodded. “I understand.” He murmured folding the newspaper back up, her offered it to her and she took it gratefully. “When I first moved here it took some getting used to. I can only imagine how much more difficult it must be when you already have a certain relationship with many members of this family.”

Rogue nodded. “I suppose so.” She agreed. She tried to remember if she had ever met Iceman before. But he spoke before she did.

“I do recall our last encounter.” He said slowly, reading her eyes like a book. “But believe me, all is forgiven. If anything it was an interesting experience.”

She smiled slightly, as she remembered. He had been in the middle of a brawl with Colossus and had been freezing the metal to the point that he could no longer move. Rogue simply relieved him of a bit of ice. She hadn’t held on for long though. But she remembered the look he had given her when it happened. Sort of a ‘what on earth is happening?’ look, before he fell weakly to the ground. She had let go before any severe damage could be done.

“Thanks.” She said slowly, clear gratitude ringing in her voice. When he looked surprised and confused she continued. “For being so nice to me.” She finished.

A smile spread across his face. “It is no trouble at all Rogue.” He told her kindly.

Her gaze shot to the floor almost immediately and he was about to ask if he had offended her before she interrupted. “Marie.” She corrected. “My name is Marie.”

He nodded, a stronger smile now. “Marie.” He repeated. Then he suddenly looked as though he was listening to someone else, but there was silence in the room. Then he looked understanding and turned back to Rogue. “It seems as though the professor wants you to go to his office.” He told her.

Rogue’s eyebrows pulled together. “Why didn’t he just tell me?” She asked glancing down at the muffin and making its remains levitate to the garbage.

He smiled as he watched and then shrugged, reaching out and grabbing a granny smith apple. “I think he wasn’t sure if you were comfortable with him in your thoughts just yet. He was simply respecting your privacy.”

She nodded, touched by his consideration. She pushed herself off the chair and started to walk towards the door before she froze. “Maybe I should get changed...” she murmured quietly.

Bobby rolled his eyes with another sweet smile. “It’s a Saturday. Staying in your PJ’s is expected.”
She smiled and said goodbye, heading down the hallway to where Xavier was.

Rogue took her time, trying to figure out what exactly he would have to say to her. She hoped she hadn’t done anything wrong. She was still worried about her appearance but trudged forward trying not to be self conscious. It was hard to do that. When she reached the door she paused for only a moment and then knocked, before slowly opening the door herself.

She peeked into his office and saw him sitting at his desk organizing some papers. His gaze flickered up to hers and he gave her a brief smile. “Ah, Rogue.” He murmured straightening one last pile before moving it out of the way. “You can come in,” he murmured, slightly amused. He pulled a file out of a cabinet and set it down in front of him. “I’m glad you were awake, I was worried we wouldn’t get the opportunity to discuss the situation this weekend.”

Her heart thudded impossibly fast. He’s kicking her out. She did something wrong. Oh god maybe she wasn’t supposed to take a muffin...

“What is it?” she asked hesitantly.
“Well,” he murmured looking down at his file and opening it up. “I’m just looking at your test results for the teaching exam.” He told her. The teaching exam happened to be something Logan had talked her into doing. It was a course for becoming a teacher at the school. Jean had tried to rule against it but the professor had liked the idea.

‘Oh god I failed.’ She thought miserably. “Was there something wrong?” she asked. She had been so sure that she did fine. She had studied four days in bed with Logan, despite his wanting to do... well, other things in that bed.

“No,” the professor assured her with a smile. “You did fantastic. Second highest score.” He showed her the test which had a “97%” on the top, with a smiley face sticker. “The highest is mine.” He handed her the test and started to look at everything else in her file. “You had a ninety three percent average in the class itself, and did well on your physical so if you wished you could even teach gym.”

Rogue tried not to grin like an idiot. It wasn’t about the gym option obviously. She tried to focus on what he was saying.

“It looks like you have a choice to teach any of the open courses.” He murmured. “The new semester starts in February, giving you two weeks to decide on a class.” He finally looked up at her. “Do you have any in mind?”

She opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. She was having difficulty with the entire situation. She hadn’t the slightest clue what class she would teach. She remembered a quote. “Do what you know and love.” But she couldn’t remember who had said it. A famous writer somewhere... But what did she know and love? She knew how to fight... but she didn’t love it. She loved food. She smiled as she thought about doing a cooking class. But she had no idea how to boil water.

“I may have to get back to you on that professor.” She said quietly as she continued to think.

He nodded. “I understand Rogue.” He told her. “Let’s make a meeting for Thursday hmm? That’ll give you almost five days to decide and then more than a week to come up with a rough curriculum to go over with Hank.”

“Sounds good.” She agreed starting to get up. She headed for the door she placed her hand on the knob and as she opened it she glanced back at him. “Thanks professor.”

He smiled at her. “Congratulations Rogue.”
She nodded and closed the door behind her, only to see Logan leaning against the wall across from the door she exited. He grinned at her. “Great job.” He said walking towards her, his arms automatically opened wide for her as she rushed into them and he lifted her off the ground.

“Can you believe it?” she gasped as he sat her down. He looked her up and down and folded his arms across his chest.

“That you’re wandering around the school looking like a swimsuit model? No. I can’t believe it.” He muttered, tugging at her tight shirt.

Rogue grabbed his hands and grinned up at him. “Yeah I know... but no! I get to be a teacher. I can teach anything I want!”

He had never seen her so thrilled. He smiled back at her. “I told you that you had that test in the bag.” He said pulling her back up to the dorm room. “But put on some pants will yah? Those legs are for me and me alone to enjoy.”

She stomped one foot down. “I don’t know,” she said dragging out the vowels. “What’s the thing people say? If you got it, flaunt it?”

He grabbed her and picked her up, throwing her over his shoulder and heading up the stairs while she pounded lightly on his back like she was being kidnapped. “You’re coming with me.” He growled childishly as he continued up the wooden staircase laughing. He had just rounded the corner when he stopped.

“Logan.” A dark female voice hissed.
She felt him set her down beside him, but still held her hand as she turned around to see Jean there.

“Jean,” he murmured, Rogue heard a realization in his voice. “I completely forgot. Give me ten minutes to get ready.”

She nodded, her red hair curled attractively with time clearly spend on it and her makeup. She was wearing tight yoga pants and a sports bra, that was it. It definitely didn’t leave much to the imagination. “Meet me in the courtyard. The students are supposed to be there in five.”

Logan nodded, walking past her and hurrying up the stairs, dragging Rogue alone with him. When they finally were inside the dorm he was rushing around pulling his pants on and his favourite black t-shirt. She sat down on the bed that he hadn’t made, and watched. “What did you forget?”

He pulled open the drawer and grabbed a pair of socks sitting down beside her and pulling them on. “Jean and I are doing a weekend defence class. There are a couple students in my class struggling and she offered to help.”

Rogue looked at the floor. “I could have helped.” She murmured.
Logan had the other sock on already and looked over at her realizing she looked hurt. “Aw Marie I didn’t think... I thought that with your ability and everything I thought you would want some more time to control it.”

She nodded. “Makes sense.” She agreed slowly.

He leaned over and kissed the top of her head before rushing over to the door. “I’ll see you in a couple hours.” He told her, opening it. “When I get back we’ll go for dinner. Celebrate your new teacher status huh?” he closed the door without waiting for her to answer.

Rogue took a deep breath, trying desperately to convince herself that there was nothing going on with Jean and Logan. Defence class. That doesn’t necessarily mean... touching and what not. She stopped that thought dead. Of course it had touching. That was why she couldn’t help him with it. Pain shot through her as she thought about the memories of Jean she had in her. She was sexy obviously. A total hottie. That was probably why Scott was with her.

There’s another reason why Jean couldn’t possibly be plotting against her. She’s with Scott already. Jean isn’t unfaithful. Right? Rogue ran her hands through her hair, struggling with it. She was wearing a bra to defence class. A fucking bra. “UGH.” Rogue huffed, burying her face into a pillow as she tried to calm herself down. “No.” she thought finally. Logan wouldn’t do that to her. He couldn’t. But she didn’t know about Jean. She would just have to trust Logan. It was all that she could do. She sighed and grabbed a copy of The Great Gatsby, hiding underneath her blankets.