Rogue stumbled up the stairs, one hand pressed against the wall of the dark corridor at all times, worried that she would fall down. It didn’t make sense. She couldn’t be drunk. But all that she wanted now was to simply have this fight with Logan done and over with. She was ready to apologize. She just wanted things... good between them again. She pressed her free hand against the side of her face as she approached the hallway with her dorm room. No doubt he could already hear her coming.

All the lights were out. There was no one in sight. She relied solely on the extra instincts Logan had given her as she dragged herself across the floor, feeling like she was going to fall down and pass out there any moment. Weak now too? Unbelievable.

But there was a serious decrease in strength. There was nothing. There was relief, but she also felt alone. There was no one with her. In haste, she placed her hand on the cold doorknob and turned.

He had left it open... that was sweet of him, considering what she had said.

Rogue lifted her eyes to him, sitting on the bed with just one small light on. She could see him with his elbows rested on his knees and his head in his hands. She had only stood at the door for a moment before his head shot up and he looked at her, a dangerous glint in his eyes.

“Where were you.” His tone was more demanding than it was questioning. It launched a fear into the core of her body.

“I was... uh...” She mumbled, in attempts to collect her thoughts. There was nothing she could say now.
She heard him inhale, and closed her eyes guiltily. Uh oh.

“You were with Viktor.” Annoyance coloured his tone. But fury entered his final word. “Why.”

“I was just...” she began, but she couldn’t think. She couldn’t grasp onto words. Her mind was clouded.
“Tell me why Rogue.” The way he said her name, he hadn’t said it like that since they were enemies. That darkness flooding his words. “What exactly were you doing with my brother?”

“I ran into him at the bar I went to.” Rogue stumbled over her words, trying to make sense of what she was saying. Dazing in and out of the conversation as dizziness took over her, and she swayed where she stood. She felt anger slipping through her, yet there was no power trying to escape. She was too exhausted to notice, but Logan stood up, walking towards her. “I went out to celebrate and when I got tipsy he offered me a ride home. Happy?”

“Happy?” he repeated, blankly as he stepped closer to her and looked her in the eyes. “No.” He stared down at her, his eyes challenging, smouldering. For just one brief moment, he leaned in and kissed her hard, like he was searching for something. His arms wrapped around her, holding her tight like he didn’t want to let go. Out of confusion she didn’t object. It was possibly his attempt at making things better. But whatever he was looking for, he didn’t like what he found.

When he pulled away his eyes were beyond anger. They were unidentifiable. The pain and frustration through him was an understatement of what he was feeling. “That’s what I thought.” He grabbed his jacket off the coat hanger gripping the door handle he ripped it open. As she closed his eyes, she heard the sound of his claws coming out.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered, knowing that he knew what she had done.” When he didn’t answer her she grew more nervous, but started to feel more and more weak as she fought the urge to crumple onto the floor. “Where are you going?” Rogue shrieked weakly.

“Out.” He answered. When his hand left the handle there was indents of his fingers in the metal.

“No! Please Logan stop, let’s talk.” She called after him desperately.
“Talk about what exactly?” he demanded walking towards her and getting too close. “That you’re incapable of being faithful? That you don’t trust anyone no matter how much they love you?” he shook his head talking a couple steps away before glancing back at her. “I never questioned you about your relationship with Magneto, Rogue. Never till today. Because I wanted to respect your privacy. You’ll never know how much I have done just to try to make you feel the least bit at home!”

His voice was growing more and more unsteady as he worked in an endless and useless effort to stay calm. “Of course I have questions but I had that weird thought in my head that you would come to me when you were ready. But you will never be ready, will you? You’ll never have the capacity of loving someone and you’ll never be a good person.”

The door slammed, startling her enough to make her jump. But she could barely stand now, and dropped down her hands and knees, breathing heavily. What was happening?

Rogue felt the strength seeping out of her, the gravity getting stronger against her as she tried to stay up. Dizziness swept through her. Nausea. Light headed. She felt like she was going to pass out. Drinks had never had this affect on her. On her hands and knees she heard something and tried to look up, only to see the silhouette of someone at the window.

“Viktor,” she whispered weakly. “What did you do to me?”

As he walked closer to her calmly, unthreatened, he kneeled down so he was closer to her height. “Nothing that isn’t worth it.”

He took her hands in his, bringing her weakly to her feet and pulling off her gloves. He dropped them on the floor and held her bare hands in his. “I trusted you...” she whispered.

She stared down at them numbly, sleepy, not comprehending. Out of anger, she pushed at her absorption to do as much as possible, but nothing happened. Out of fear she glanced up to his smile. “It’s nothing personal.” He told her. She knew that he was only at the beginning of his speech, but her legs buckled under her and she fell into his arms.

“I thought that you...” she breathed deeply, unable to carry a thought now. “That you cared about me...”
“You’re in my top ten. Always have been.” He smiled. Rogue heard him laugh as she closed her eyes. “The reason I left Magneto was because he wasn’t helping my cause.” He explained. “That in particular is something you can help me with.” He grinned.

She sucked in a breath, using her last bit of energy. “Logan...” she whispered.

With that Rogue was knocked out. A powerful drug that numbed all the senses making her powers dull an unusable. Viktor carried her out the window, with his surprisingly gentle arms around her. As he landed on the ground he glanced back only once and peered into the kitchen.

There he saw someone looking out the window but continued on.

Jean took another sip of her water as she stared out the window at Sabre-tooth carrying Rogue away. She continued to watch before she saw the camera he was about to walk in front of. A flick of her fingers broke the lens and he disappeared into the darkness. “Whoops.” She muttered turning around with a smile.

She saw Scott at the entrance way to the kitchen looking at her. “Anything going on out there?” He asked.
Jean shook her head. “No.”

There was a silence as sabre-tooth disappeared into the night.

***Meanwhile***

Logan had pulled his motorbike off to the side of the road, just sitting there on the side of it. At this time it was simply quiet. There was no cars passing him by on this empty back road. All there was, was his thoughts. Unfortunately, they weren’t ones that he wanted to think about.

His brother had always made it clear that there was a burning and never ending hatred towards him. He couldn’t be reasoned with. He couldn’t be talked out of it. There was a sense of revenge he supposed. The betrayal. The abandonment. But there was nothing he could do about it now.

Rogue however, he had trusted. But she had gone to Viktor. He still hadn’t gotten the full story. But how could he not assume the worst? All that he knew for sure was that Viktor had gotten close enough to her that she was engulfed in his scent. And he couldn’t stand it.

They had kissed too. He knew that from when he kissed her himself.

He didn’t assume the worst, but the thought worried him. If that was they case, they wouldn’t get through this.

It was when he had finally made his way home that he had made his decision. There was no turning back now. He was past the point of no return when it came to Rogue.

He made his way into the kitchen to grab a beer before he would go to his room to speak to her. In the kitchen waiting patiently, despite the fact it was nearly four AM. Was Jean. He smiled at her, sitting there with a camomile tea. “Can’t sleep?” he inquired opening the fridge.

Jean smiled, that cute slight curl of the lip of hers. Her hair neatly fell down her shoulders. Always perfect with that gentle tint of red in the right lighting. “Nope.” She answered. “You?”

“You could say that.” He murmured opening his beer.
She stirred her tea before her eyes shot back up to his, penetrating. “Sometimes you need a break Logan, from all the things that are normally around.”

He walked over and leaned against the counter that she was at. “Having boy troubles Jeanie?”
She rolled her eyes with a delicate smile, tossing her hair over her shoulder as she got up and sat down on the counter so that her leg brushed against his bicep. “Boredom more so.”

“Boredom.” He repeated. There was something he never had with Rogue.
She nodded. “How about you?” she said sweetly. “How are things with Rogue?”

He glanced towards her, only to realize that she was far closer than he thought, he was about to pull away from her but she reached out and took his hand. “Are they good Logan?”

Logan stared down at her hand intertwined into his and felt a sudden slam of loss. He was only focused on that for a moment before he looked out the window and saw the school’s surveillance camera smashed and on the ground.

“What happened there?” he asked, pulling away only slightly and trying to look closer.

“Probably some of the kids broke it. We can fix it tomorrow.” She wrapped her arms around his shoulders, pressing her chest against his back and rubbing her head against his.

He pulled her off of him, completely unaware of what she was trying to do. He glanced back out the window before he walked towards the door. “I’m going to go check on Rogue.” When Logan glanced back at Jean she was sitting on the counter, a bitter expression on her face as she examined her fingernails.

“She isn’t up there.” She muttered.
“What?” he demanded. “Where is she?”
“I thought she was with you.” Jean told him with a smile before leaving the kitchen.

Logan’s heart beat fiercely with worry and annoyance as he rushed to his bedroom, to find that she was not there. But he knew someone else had been in here...

Viktor.