Story Notes:
I own nothing but my OC Rhiannon. I don't have a beta so any mistakes are mine. Rated for future events. Rating may change depending on how the story goes.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Takes place a few years after X3 but since I refuse to acknowledge that they killed off Scott, Jean and Xavier this is AU. Shades of Origins as well.
He watched the pair avoiding each other, she with her long dark hair and those white streaks that blaze in the dark, him with the smelly cigar and a Molsens. They avoided each other, ignoring one another because to do anything else would only bring heartache. As he watched them he wondered if they really even knew what heart break was. Logan had lost his memories and Rogue, Rogue was still so young. He flexed his hands, felt his nails bite into the callused flesh of his palms and savored the pain. The pain that kept him sharp, that kept him from the dark. He watched them and they didn't even know it. And he'd been watching them since Liberty Island.

He didn't hear her approach, she moved like a wraith, her steps guided by something beyond even his heightened senses. She stopped out of arms reach and spoke softly. "Do you still want me to go in there?"

He peeled his eyes away from the pair who still ignored one another and looked towards her. Rhiannon, tall for a woman but still several inches shorter than he with dark curling hair and eyes so dark that even he couldn't determine where her pupil started and her iris began. She had skin so pale that if it weren't for the pink of her lips and the slight color in her cheeks she would have looked like a black and white photo. She was his lover, his reason for living now. She had brought him from the brink of death and held him with the force of her iron will until he was well enough to leave her but that day had never come. He had never left her, only taken to the road only to return a day later and beg her to go with him. "Rhia," He greeted her softly and held out a strong, muscled and somewhat hairy arm which she ghosted over to and he encircled her. "I can't go in there, I can't do what needs to be done. But you can. I shouldn't ask but will you?"

She turned in his arms and reached up to place slender pale hands on his cheeks stroking his side burns. "You had only to ask. I will go and do what you believe needs to be done. Will you be alright?"

He looked down into her black eyes seeing his own amber eyes reflected back. He smiled slightly. "I will try to be." he said.

She stood on her toes and kissed him her tongue nicking on one of his sharp teeth and he sucked the sweet tang of her blood away. She let him go and stepped from his arms. "I will be back as soon as the deed is done Victor."

He nodded. "Be safe my love." He murmured and watched her ghost from the woods and stride with confidence towards the mansion.

Sabertooth felt a burning begin in his gut as he watched his mate stride towards the home of the people he used to call his enemy, to help a man who he had once called brother. He watched Logan and Rogue ignore each other then looked after his mate though she had gone from sight and the burning abated, he was doing the right thing. Now to convince Logan and Rogue to do the right thing.
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review!!!!