Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok so Rhiannon's Code name is a shortened version of my handle. You're prolly thinking that she's going to be an author avatar. Just to reassure you all she's not. She's her own character just like Morgan and Donella before her. Hope you enjoy her though. Things will start to get more interesting soon I promise.
Bonus points to anyone who can tell me what movie that the scene where Rhian's face appears on the back of her head comes from!
Rhiannon walked silently to the front of the mansion and climbed the steps. She paused in front of the large double doors and cocked her head listening. It was a school day and she could hear teachers lecturing to students she imagined to be very bored. She could hear a faint whirring noise on the second floor. She closed her eyes and let her astral form slide into the mansion. She surveyed the layout and mapped a direct route to Xavier's office before her astral self returned and she opened her eyes again. She smiled at a passing reminiscence of her by gone days of illicit deeds before opening the door and walking in as if she owned the place. She took a look around the foyer and was impressed that Xavier had managed to maintain a balance between aesthetics and practicality, especially in a school for mutants still learning to manage their powers. She stood for a long few moments in front of a large painting of a man on a horse admiring the artwork. She wasn't worried about being caught. No one would know she was there until she wanted them to.

She finally followed the route her astral self had mapped out and strode into Xaviers office. She sat down in the chair across from him and waited for his heart rate to slow. He was very good at hiding his emotions and looked at her with an expression of mild curiosity though she was very sure his mind was racing and he was probably mentally calling for every member of the X-Men to come to his aid. "I wish to join the X-Men." She said quietly and almost smiled when he visibly startled.

He opened his mouth to reply when her theory that he'd been calling for help was proved correct. The door burst open and Scott, Logan and Storm all burst in. Anticipating an attack she slide sideways from the world and Logan's grappling grab passed right through her. "Please don't do that again. You'll hurt yourself or the Professor." She said quietly.

"It's alright you three. She caught me unawares. You have a very unique talent I see." Xaviers smooth voice cut in and all eyes returned to him.

"I can do more than just this." She assured him. "And I'd like to use my talents for something more than enlightened self interest. At least for now."

"Enlightened self interest? What's that mean. You used to use yer power for yerself?" Logan asked and Rhiannon couldn't help her bodies reaction to his voice. It was close enough to Victors to make her body yearn for her lover.

She saw Logan's nostrils flare and decided she would have to be sure to turn him down hard. "Hmmm. Yes, I suppose that would be accurate. More accurate would be to say I used my powers to get what I wanted when I wanted it. I was decidedly unscrupulous in my early years."

Xavier raised an eyebrow but didn't comment, he was trying, unsuccessfully to delve into this woman's mind but he was blocked at every turn. She was facing away from him when he decided to try a more forceful method. He focused his gift into a fine point and tried again. Just before he finished focusing he saw a ghostly apparition of her face appear on the back of her head then it faded and she turned back to him. "You won't be able to read my mind." She said plainly. "So stop trying."

Everyone stared at her then Xavier spoke quietly. "Exactly what is your gift?"

She smiled slightly and the effect was startling, she went from being a Gothic but pretty woman to being a Gothic and radiant woman. It was captivating. She stopped smiling seeing their reaction. "My Code Name is Wytch. I can astral project among other things. I also channel energy through my body and shape it according to my own will. You can call it spell casting if it helps. The amount of power I can channel is limited to the condition of my body and mind. Also extensive meditation has enabled me to prevent any telepath from reading my mind. If I'm feeling especially spunky I can also predict the future in a very limited capacity."

Xavier sat back in his chair and steepled his fingers. He thought for a several minutes. Logan started getting antsy but Storm and Scott seemed perfectly content to wait. While Xavier thought Logan was examining the new comer, this Wytch. She smelled familiar but he couldn't figure out where he'd smelled her scent before. She was alluring and he felt drawn to her. Especially since her scent had spiked intriguingly when he'd spoken, a flash of arousal that, made his body half harden before she'd looked away from him dismissively.

"I believe we'll take you on as a provisional member until we get to know you better. In the mean time are you able to teach?" Xavier asked.

She shrugged. "Depends on the subject. I can teach comparative religion or art appreciation."

Xavier nodded. "The new semester just began, if you could teach a combination class on comparative religion using art as a metaphor we might have a slot for you."

She smirked. "That I can do."

He held a hand out and she grasped it. "Welcome to the School. What's your name?"

"Rhiannon. You can call me Rhian." She replied.
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review!