Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok. Logan and Sabertooth fight scene, Logan and Rogue finally getting it scene and Sabertooth despair scene. I managed to get all three just the way I wanted them Yay me!
Sabertooth grinned at Logan crouching into a fighting stance. Logan grinned back glad to have someone safe to take his aggression out on. "So how ya been Wolverine? Since Liberty."

"Just fine bub. Why are you here?" Logan growled back.

Sabertooth growled low in his throat. "I'm lookin fer someone." He snarled and launched himself at Logan his fury spilling over.

Something was wrong. He had the gut wrenching feeling something was wrong with Rhia but he couldn't go find her. He slashed at Logan subconsciously blaming his brother for however he may have failed Rhia. Logan grabbed him propelling him into a tree. "If yer looking fer Rogue again you ain't gettin' her. Who sent you. Bucket Head again?"

Sabertooth chuckled. "Hardly. Magneto abandoned me. Unlike Mystique I don't tolerate betrayal." He jumped into the air and came down with both hands clenched into fists pummeling into Logan's unprotected back.

Logan spat blood and winced feeling a broken rib repair itself. Sabertooth took a swipe at him ripping his shirt. "Sides. Skinny little Rogue ain't got nothing I want."

Logan snarled but smirked while he did. he took a swipe at Sabertooth and opened up three long wounds in his opponents chest."She ain't skinny no more bub. Not that any self respecting woman would want a hair ball like you anyway."

Sabertooth felt the barb hit home though he knew there was no way Logan could know about him and Rhia. 'If he only knew how right he is.'

Sabertooth backed up a little and waited for the wounds to close up. "I seem to recall that cute little piece of ass in Tijuana that wanted my hairy self." He said tauntingly. "Oh that's right, you ain't got no memory so you wouldn't remember Tijuana would you Jimmy?"

"What?" Logan gaped at him. He'd found a little information on himself indicating that his name had originally been James Logan Howlett but beyond that he was like a ghost.

"You heard me Jimmy. What you spend all these years looking fer yer past only to find out that your enemy knows exactly who you are. Life sucks don't it?" Sabertooth taunted.

"You know who I was? Shit why should I believe you?" Logan stood up straight and faced Sabertooth, the urge to attack him dissipating.

Sabertooth stood up as well and shrugged. "You don't have to believe me. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other."

The wind shifted and Victor could smell Logan's scent mixed with Blood. Rhia's blood. His vision went red and he launched himself at Logan. He caught Logan by surprise and drove him to the ground. "What have you done to her?!" He howled.

Logan grappled with the larger man trying to get hijm off of his chest. "Who?" He snarled.

"Rhia. What have you done to Rhia? I can smell her blood on you!" Sabertooth slashed at Logan's face and chest his fury and fear for his mate overwhelming him.

Before Logan could answer a blast of red light knocked Sabertooth off of Logan. Scott and Storm ran to Logan. Storm helped him up while Scott prepared for another blast. Sabertooth was struggling to his feet. He launched himself at Scott. "What did you do to Rhia you bastards?!" He howled and Scott blasted him again.

Everyone expected him to stay down after a close up blast from Scott's visor but Sabertooth staggered to his feet. Logan got himself to his feet and put a hand on Scotts arm. "Scott, don't. I think he's talking about Rhian."

Sabertooth collapsed to his knees and slide from consciousness. After a brief argument Scott finally agreed to take Sabertooth to the mansion and lock him in a cell until they could figure out how he was connected to Rhian.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rogue slipped up next to Logan while he stood watching Sabertooth through a one way mirror. Sabertooth was pacing back and forth muttering something. When Logan had switched on the intercom he could hear Sabertooth talking to himself. It was a little disturbing. Rogue watched Sabertooth for a few minutes before speaking. "Rhian isn't recovering very fast. Could be a while before we can ask her about her and Sabertooth. Though Ah don't get what she might see in him."

Logan chuckled. "I didn't either but then again. What do you see in me?"

Rogue stared at him. "You're nothin' like him. He's insane."

"Maybe. I've been called crazy a time or two myself. Sabertooth is just a little less restrained about it. But we're both animals." Logan kept watching Sabertooth who had stopped pacing and was standing with his head down.

Rogue thought about it for a moment. "You may be a lot like animals but you're not. He might be but yer not. You hung on to yer humanity, made something better of yerself. I love you fer who you were, are and will become and Animals don't have that kind of potential." She turned to leave.

"When this is over, when we figure out what's going on with Rhian and Sabertooth, you want to go out sometime? Maybe give whatever it is we're feeling fer each other a shot?" Logan asked.

Rogue took the two steps back over to him and kissed him forcefully. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her in close. When they pulled apart finally they were both grinning. "You better believe it sugah."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victor paced back and forth in the cell. He'd banged on the one way mirror for a while demanding to see Rhia. Begging to see her but no one had answered. He was starting to think they'd sealed him away and were just going to leave him there to rot. He finally sat on the floor and braced his arms on his knees. He wanted to kill Logan. To rip his brother to shreds. After all if Logan hadn't been so thick about Rogue being his mate Rhia wouldn't have offered to help them and she'd be safe now. He refused to entertain the thought that she might be dead. His heart couldn't take that thought.

"Shoulda just shown up and told Logan outright. Told him everything. Rhia." He spoke her name like a prayer.

He had no idea that the task Rhia had set out to accomplish was finished. That Logan and Rogue had taken the first step down the right path. All he knew was that he was alone and that if Rhia was gone he woulkd move heaven and earth to end his life to follow her.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review!