Author's Chapter Notes:
Sequel to "Osmosis", but it will make sense even if you haven't read it.
She had given up hope of falling asleep about two hours ago and decided to make use of the wee hours. That is how Marie came to be laying sprawled out on the couch in the library, reading a mystery novel in her pajamas. The pathologist was trying to decipher the cause of death for another poor victim of a serial killer and Marie had all of her attention focused on helping the doctor solve the crime. Absorbed in the book, Marie didn't hear the front door open and close or the footsteps coming down the hall.

"Hey, Marie."

The unexpected voice jolted Marie out of her amateur detective work. She gasped and dropped the book, nearly leaping off the couch in her fright.

Logan leaned on the door frame and chuckled at Marie's response to being caught unaware. "Guess, I shoulda called first," he said merrily.

"Did ya drive all the way from Canada to give me a heart attack?" Marie demanded indignantly, pressing a hand over her pounding heart and snatching her dropped book off the floor with the other.

"No, I came back to give you this," Logan answered seriously as he crossed the room to her. Sitting down on the couch next to Marie, Logan leaned over and kissed her deeply.

Her fright forgotten, Marie moved closer to Logan and automatically put her arms around his neck. Running her fingers through his hair, Marie let the book fall from her hand and land in a heap on the floor again. She moaned when Logan pulled back, breaking their short, but intense kiss.

"Let's go upstairs," he whispered against her lips.

In the hallway, Marie gave Logan a show by swinging her hips as they walked to his room, but she exaggerated the sway a little too far and stumbled into the wall. Smacking her palm against her forehead, Marie rolled her eyes and silently admonished herself for being a klutz.

Logan cleared his throat to cover a snicker at Marie's graceless saunter. She stopped in front of his door and leaned back against it, looking up at him through her eyelashes. Smiling at her coy attitude, Logan stepped in close enough for his chest to brush against her breasts and kissed her on the forehead. Logan was pulling away when Marie's lips lured him in and he leaned in again to sweep his tongue over them.

Marie held him back with one hand and brought the other hand up behind her to turn the knob, opening the door. She smiled seductively and took Logan by the hand, walking backwards toward the bed with him in tow. Showing Logan how much she had grown up while he was away would be a lot of fun, Marie thought just before she tripped over her own feet and landed flat on her back with a thud.

"Marie! Are you okay?" Logan asked, concerned about her lack of balance.

Laying on the floor in shock, she blinked at the ceiling before snapping out of it enough to blush a lovely shade of pink. Marie bounded to her feet, smiling at Logan and trying to pretend nothing had happened. "I'm fine!" she squeaked.

Logan leaned towards her and sniffed the air suspiciously. "Have you been drinking?"

"No, why?" was her confused query.

Raising an eyebrow, Logan eyed her cautiously, searching for the source of Marie's clumsiness. While Logan was considering her, Marie seized the edges of his jacket and roughly pulled him down for another kiss. The unexpected move caused Logan to stumble into her and their teeth clashed together painfully, but he managed to steady them both and keep them from tumbling to the floor.

The pink blush already tinting her cheeks turned bright red and Marie buried her face in Logan's chest to hide her humiliation. Hoping the bed would save her from anymore mishaps, Marie mumbled into his shirt, "Let's lay down."

He nodded his agreement and swept her up into his arms. Laying her down on top of his bed, Logan stretched out on his side next to Marie and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. Running a fingertip under the edge of Marie's shirt, he looked into her eyes and quietly asked, "Can I take this off?"

Marie smiled and nodded enthusiastically. Glad to let Logan take over, she lay back and watched as he pushed her shirt up. His hands skimmed over her ribs and brushed the sides of her bare breasts, then the shirt was dropped out of sight onto the floor.

Logan softly kneaded Marie's hips with his fingers and nuzzled the newly bared skin of her stomach, making Marie wiggle underneath him as his sideburns tickled. Planting a few kisses on her stomach, Logan worked his way up to Marie's breasts and took his time to throughly suck each nipple into a hard point. Then, he moved to her neck and blazed a trail with his mouth up to her ear while his hands continued to knead the curve of her hips.

Sighing impatiently, she drummed her fingers on the comforter. "Hurry up already, Logan!" Marie demanded, wondering where the wild Wolverine was when she needed him.

Logan responded to Marie's demand by sliding her pajama bottoms down, kissing the pale skin of her stomach as he followed the material. The sight that greeted him was nothing like he had ever imagined.

Marie looked down to see Logan frozen with a look of horror on his face. Throwing her head back into the pillow, she groaned at the cold cruelty of a universe that would allow her to run out of clean underwear, forcing her to wear granny panties on the night Logan came home. The wretched things were white cotton, baggy and reached all the way up to her rib cage. Marie was allowed to think for just a second that the night couldn't possibly get any worse, but the door flew open and proved her wrong.

Standing in the doorway, Jubilee boisterously declared, "Hey, Wolvie's home. Your finally gonna get laid!"

Kitty peeked around her and put in her two cents, "Awww, aren't they cute?"

Scott and Jean joined them in the doorway, getting a good view of a half naked Rogue with Logan laying on top of her. "You're an irresponsible neanderthal!" Scott informed Logan loudly, but muttered to himself, "Good, now he'll stop flirting with Jean." Jean burst into tears and sobbed, "Logan, you said you loved me!" Scott's head whipped around to glare at her and Jean sniffled, trying to change her tune a little too late. "Uhm, I mean... she's too young! How could you?" she scolded weakly, shaking a finger at him.

"What is everyone doing?" Ororo asked, pushing her way through to get a look. Peering over Jubilee's shoulder, Ororo smiled serenely and said, "Oh, Logan is home," before walking away to attend her own affairs.

The growing crowd in the doorway parted as Professor Xavier's wheelchair moved into the room. He greeted Logan warmly with a smile. "How was your trip? I'd love to hear about it. Did you take any pictures?" Xavier asked eagerly as if Logan had gone to Disneyland.



Marie woke up with a groan and heaved a sigh into her pillow. The dreams had been torturing her for months and she really could have done without waking up everyday to find her body ready and willing. A mixture of touchable skin and Logan was one good thing about them, but her subconscious insisted on embarrassing her. And a fat lot of good it did to be touchable when something always prevented them from actually having sex.

Marie threw the covers back with sigh. Getting out of bed, she looked over at her peacefully sleeping roommates. They would be out cold for awhile and that meant she would have plenty of quality time with the shower massage to ease away her frustration. Walking into bathroom, Marie turned on the water and undressed while she waited for it to heat up.

At the top of her to do list for today was breakfast and a meeting with Professor Xavier. Yawning and rubbing her eyes, Marie thought over her plans for the rest of the day. She had managed to get roped into helping Scott with the younger kids for a few hours and then her science lab needed to be completed for graduation. It wouldn't be much fun, but it would keep her busy, leaving her with no time to think about Logan. Thoughts of the dream would fade away, taking Logan with it. Marie fingered the tags resting between her breasts and knew Logan would keep his promise to come home, but until then dreams were the only way they could be together. Maybe the damned things weren't so bad after all.