Author's Chapter Notes:
Yes, it's been a while. I'm sorry, but I've got this other hobby that kind of took over for a while because it's difficult to get ready for a two-week medieval camping trip and do things like write at the same time. Sorry!

As for this chapter, it's all about revelations of different sorts.
It was another boring mission briefing a few days later. Usually Rogue tried to pay strict attention, but she was too busy quietly seething over the high-handedness of a certain hairy bastard to care much at that moment. Said hairy bastard had not stopped his morning food deliveries, despite two other attempts to talk some reason into him, and of course she couldn’t just let the food go to waste. She also didn’t want to carry the tray downstairs because then there would be questions. They were questions she was getting a little tired of fielding, though, so maybe it wouldn’t be so bad to quit eating those delivered breakfasts. Of course, she could have just thrown the food into Logan’s face—literally—but then that might lead to an interaction that would be longer than she really wanted to deal with.

Words flew past her, like “prisoner,” “factory,” and “perfect timing,” but the phrase that caught her attention was, “We could really use Rogue on this one.”

Rogue’s eyes snapped to Bobby, who was home for the weekend. Then she looked to her left at Scott, who raised his eyebrows. Taking a deep breath, she nodded. What the fuck. They might as well get it over with.

“I’m afraid Rogue won’t be going on anymore missions for a while,” Scott said slowly. Instantly the attention of the entire room was focused on the two of them. Rogue was a little worried when she saw an almost-imperceptible smile curl up one corner of Logan’s mouth. “In fact, she’s going to be out of commission for the next six and a half months at least.”

Before Rogue could say anything, Jubilee squealed and leaned over from her right, giving her what might have been a crushing hug for anyone else. “I knew it! Roguey’s pregnant! Congratulations, you two!”

Rogue felt her eyes go wide even as she hugged Jubilee back. “Umm…thanks, Jubes…” she managed to choke out around the unexpected panic she felt. Not once had she thought about her reaction to their friends assumptions about who her baby’s father was, but now it hit her just how obvious they had been. Oh, they hadn’t been trying to hide their frequent liaisons, but they hadn’t acted like a couple in public, either. At least, she thought they hadn’t.

The smiles on most of the faces surrounding them reassured Rogue that, whatever her friends’ feelings about her complicated relationship with Scott, they were willing to just be happy about the new life that would eventually come out of it. The only dark cloud was Logan, who somehow managed to keep that slight smile while also looking as if he wanted to murder someone. So Rogue turned her gaze from him quickly as she accepted congratulations from around the table. Jubilee and Kitty were already babbling about a baby shower, and Rogue laughingly begged them to at least wait to find out what sex the baby was going to be before making too many plans. Scott smiled indulgently at them all, also carefully avoiding Logan’s gaze.




So she did it. They did it. They announced their little bundle of joy, and everyone was so happy for them. Logan would have growled and started ripping the closest piece of furniture to shreds if it hadn’t been for the fact that this played so well into his plan. Now that the little secret was out in the open, he could start showing Rogue how a man was supposed to take care of a woman in her position. Once he had her attention in a less-than-violent way, he was going to do his damnedest to make sure he kept it. The only problem he could think of, the only hurdle, was that he was going to have to put up with Scott in their life in some capacity. As much as he always thought the man was an uptight ass, he knew his rival would want to be part of his child’s life. Just as long as he didn’t want to be part of the mother’s life as well, that would possibly be something Logan could accept.

Logan pretended not to notice how his abrupt departure affected his teammates. He had a mission to get ready for, since it seemed like most of the briefing was completed anyway, and then after that he was going to go on a shopping trip. He’d done his research and new exactly what he was going to buy.




The red-haired woman stared at the man in front of her calmly. Despite the clear madness in her brown eyes, she was dressed in a neatly pressed blue wool suit and her hair was smoothly pulled back into a bun, so he smiled at her warmly and shook the hand she held out to him.

“My dear Dr. Grey, I am so pleased to meet you. Please, won’t you sit down and tell me what brings you here?” he said as he settled back into his extremely comfortable desk chair.

The redhead sat primly on the edge of the overstuffed black leather chair situated at just the right angle in front of his rich wooden desk to make the visitor feel like a supplicant. She didn’t act like any sort of supplicant, however. Instead, her very bearing gave the impression that whatever she decided to do, whether it was help him or kill him, she would be doing him a very great honor simply by granting him her presence.

“You may know, Mr. Creed, that I am a mutant as well as a doctor, and that I have done extensive research on various mutations I have come in contact with. I am willing to help you with your current agenda, as long as you can promise me one thing,” Jean Grey told the middle-aged, balding man in front of her.

Graydon Creed leaned forward across his desk, folded his hands together, and met her mad eyes with his gleaming ones. This was an incredible opportunity. “And what do you want from me, Dr. Grey?” he asked her quietly.

“Only one thing. Revenge,” Jean whispered harshly, and for just a moment Creed would have sworn on his disgusting mutant mother’s grave that her eyes blazed with actual fire.
Chapter End Notes:
So did this satisfy those of you who were wondering where Jean was? How did you like Rogue's "announcement?" To me, it just seemed fitting that Jubilee would blurt it out. And I wonder what Logan has planned... ;-)