Author's Chapter Notes:
Oh, my goodness. It's finally here!
Rogue stood at the hatch to the Blackbird. Her suitcases and several boxes of belongings that she had acquired over the past year were already inside thanks to the quick actions of the X-Men once they found out she would be returning with them. Her head was spinning a little from how easily she had quit her job with Mike’s blessing. Gathering her things had been a breeze with the newly-motivated Jubilee in charge. Less than two hours after leaving the White Dove, she was about to say good-bye to the city that had sheltered her and helped complete her growth into an independent, confident woman.

Logan stepped up behind her and slipped his hands around her waist. It made her giddy, all of this new touching from him. He leaned forward and whispered into her ear, “Ready?”

Rogue nodded and flashed him a smile. “As ready as Ah’ll ever be.”

She gripped his hand firmly in one of hers and led the way onto the plane. The hatch closed as they found their seats, the last to board, and then the Blackbird rose to reveal the glowing city of New Orleans, lights shining even so late at night. Rogue felt as if the steady light was the city smiling on her as she made her way home.
Chapter End Notes:
Whew. I thought this day would never come, but after more than three years it's done! I'm sorry it took so long, but I hope it was worth it! Reviews on what you thought of the final product will get you chocolate-covered Logans! (Okay, maybe not, but I'll love you forever!