Story Notes:
Dedicated to my Wolverine.

I'll try to answer questions as much as possible so if you're confused about anything, let me know! And I'll do my best to help you out.
“Do you honestly believe in super heroes?”
His voice was gruff, but rang with curiosity. It was an actual question. I held the phone to my ear as I gazed at the television, watching the caped man. I rolled my eyes to myself, knowing he couldn’t see the action.

“Batman isn’t a superhero.” I told him, selecting my words carefully. I was trying to think of a good way to say it. I smiled slightly. “He doesn’t have powers.”Logan was watching the same channel as I was from the house he had bought with Jean just a year ago. Movie night had been a tradition since that happened. Tonight he called me claiming Batman was on TV.

“Just filthy rich with some great cars.” Logan mused. I smiled at his tone. Jean didn’t approve of luxury cars. Practicality was more her thing. I must admit that I don’t blame her. If her and Logan were to ever think about having kids, the Ferrari isn’t the best choice for carpools. But, I must admit, this girl had put a tight leash on the Wolverine.

“Jealous?” I taunted, like I always do, while I pulled a pillow towards my chest for comfort.
“It’s worth the trade.” He muttered, no doubt in his voice.
“Meaning?”
He snorted. “There are some things I wouldn’t trade for a nice car.”

I understood immediately. It makes sense that the Logan I knew, the one that had woken up alone for as long as he could remember, wouldn’t trade what he had now for some car. If he and Jean broke up, of course he could get one, but he loved her. I thought it was adorable how she had softened him.

I stayed silent a while, watching the TV. I sighed as I realized what scene it was. “I always feel bad for him at this part.” I murmured under my breath.

“Why?” He inquired, and I knew he was paying attention to the TV again. “She’s not that great.”
I sighed. “But he loved her.” I pointed out. “He always did... But instead, they never had a chance. She died before he got the chance.”

He fell silent, and I wondered if I had offended him, before his voice interrupted my thoughts. “If he loved her,” His voice was unwavering and sure. “He would have saved her.”

“He couldn’t.” I objected gesturing to the TV unaware he couldn’t see me. “He tried to. Look he’s trying.”
“Believe me Marie,” I realized he was thinking about Jean and I almost smiled at how sweet that was. “That girl would have lived, if it was me.”

I watched the explosives go off, the entire screen engulfed in flames after she murmured her last words. I exhaled, knowing she was dead and just realizing myself that I had been holding my breath. I tried not to imagine such a thing ever happening to Logan, I didn’t want to see him crumble under the pain of her loss.

My call waiting started ringing and I heard Logan grunt. “Who is it?”
His super hearing makes it difficult to hide anything, even through the phone. “Bobby.” I murmured reluctantly. “One sec kay Logan?” I heard him grumble something rudely before I put him on hold.

“Hello?” I answered.
“Hey, Rogue, do you want to do something tonight?” Bobby asked surprisingly calm.
“Um, I’m watching a movie with Logan.”
“Oh he’s here?”
“I’m on the other line with him.”
“As always.” I heard Bobby chuckle. “Come on, let’s do something.”
“Sure I’ll get ready and meet you in the kitchen.”
“Okay.”

He hung up and I went back to Logan. “Hey, I gotta run.” I murmured. There was silence. “Logan?”
“Yeah I’m here. Where you going?” He muttered.
“Out with Bobby,” I answered getting up and wandering over to my closet to find something to wear. I heard him growl. “What?” I demanded holding a shirt up to myself in the mirror.

“I don’t like him.” He admitted.
“You don’t like anyone I go out with.” I objected annoyed.
“With good reason.” He grumbled. “Fine. Before you go, I wanted to ask you. Me and Jeanie were gonna go to the cabin this weekend but she has some meeting with Xavier.” He paused, and I knew he was listening to me breathing to make sure I was still there. “Wanna come?”

My eyebrows pulled together, it’s Wednesday. “This weekend? Like leave Friday?”
“Yeah.” He murmured. “I know it’s short notice...”
“Sure I’m in.” I interrupted him. “Now I gotta run. Bye!” I hung up and made a dash to the bathroom to do my hair.

***
Thursday

I sat down in my favourite part of the theatre. Six rows in, around the middle. It’s not to close and not too far. I was with Emma, her new boyfriend and Logan, who laid his jacket down next to me, not sitting down. “I’m going to get popcorn,” He murmured to me.

“I’ll come.” Emma chimed with a smile. She kissed what’s-his-name lightly before following Logan who rolled his eyes and smiled at me.
“Coke?” He asked. I nodded, opening my mouth to speak before he turned his back on me and started walking away. “And M&Ms. I know.” He muttered over his shoulder.

I grinned to myself amused before glancing over to Emma’s new guy and then back to the screen for previews. I wasn’t exactly going to start talking about the weather, but he started to speak before I could. “So how long have you been dating?” He asked nonchalantly.

“Hmm?” I murmured, my brain not making the connection while I watched the trailer to some new movie that involved explosives and some hot actor.
“You and him, how long?” He clarified.

I nearly choked I was laughing so hard.

“We aren’t a couple,” I finally blurted out between giggles meeting his eyes for the first time.
He blinked in surprise. “Really?” His voice rang with honestly. Apparently Emma hadn’t put him up to this.
“Really, really.” I insisted reluctantly.
“Huh.” He murmured as though to himself, glancing back to the screen awkwardly. I thought I’d heard the last of that conversation but he simply couldn’t keep his mouth shut. “Why not?”

I felt my eyebrows pull together as I tried to think of a good way to answer that. I bit my lip. “He has a girlfriend.” I offered, trying to get off this subject. When I looked at him he clearly didn’t think that was a suitable excuse. I sighed. “I don’t know. When I met him I was seventeen. He’s never looked at me that way.” I admit I used to have a bit of a crush on him. But it was childish silly crush. Since then I’ve done a lot more... well not childish things. Now he’s my best friend.

He looked thoughtful, but as much as I wanted to stop talking about this I couldn’t help myself. “Does it really seem that way?” I hadn’t wanted my tone to come out that... happy. It didn’t send the right message.

He smiled at me. “Yeah, you seem so... together.”
I was taken aback. “How so?” He shrugged, and I glanced at the door to make sure they weren’t back yet. “We don’t do anything couples do.” I pointed out. “No holding hands. No nothing.”

He snorted. “You two just give off that vibe. It’s not what you do. It’s the way you look at each other. The way you act and what you say. I can’t really explain it. But even Emma thinks so.” I wondered if that was why she had invited Logan and I. To show her boyfriend the two people she claimed were in denial.

I rolled my eyes and leaned back in my seat, my eyes fixated on the screen now. “That’s ridiculous.” I muttered under my breath.” I kept my eyes on the screen until Logan and Emma returned. He handed me my M&Ms and set my drink in the cup holder himself. All the while I watched him carefully, trying to figure out how Emma’s boyfriend had gotten that impression. He’d only met us just under a few hours after all.

He sat down and took a sip of his drink before he sighed, glancing over at me with those big brown eyes of his. “What?” He demanded. “You’re acting like I have something on my face.”

I smiled to myself. “You don’t.”
“Then what?” He said, his voice more curious now.
I shook my head, making brief eye contact with Emma before opening my M&Ms.

“It’s nothing.”
Chapter End Notes:
Tell me what you thought pleaase! :D