Storm sat on her bed calmly applying lotion to her legs, humming something quietly. Meanwhile there was me, pacing back and forth in the hotel room past the two double beds, trying not to panic. The problem was, I wouldn’t put it past Logan to start a fight with Remy. I couldn’t imagine him not wanting to.

“It’s just two nights here Rogue,” Ororo said in the soothing low voice of hers. Her white silk robe hung off her nicely. “They can play nice for a while.” I scowled, looking away as I sat down on the edge of my bed. Maybe she was right. Maybe I was blowing this whole thing out of proportion and nothing was going to happen. Tomorrow is the speeches, then the night is when everyone mingles drinking champagne and the day after we leave. No big deal. I’m sure nothing is going to happen.

There was a knock at the door and I leapt towards the door faster than I’ve ever moved before. My hand was opening the door knob before I knew it. Remy was there, a small smirk on the edge of his lips as he took in my expression. “Hi.” I breathed.

“Thought we could go get dinner.” He said calmly as he reached out and took my hand. He pulled me close, wrapping one arm around me as he nuzzled his nose into my hair. “Je vous ai manqués mon chere.” He whispered. I heard the door next to ours close loudly, but didn’t think anything of it.

I walked into the room to grab my jacket only to hear Storm murmur casually “Have fun you two.”
“Night ‘Ro.”

Maybe she can keep Logan company. Not that it matters. I shouldn’t care.
Oh this has turned into such a mess.

***

I sat staring at the wall on my bed, the TV was on but I wasn’t paying attention. ‘Thought we could go get dinner.” How sweet, chivalry. What a pearl that boy must be. Perhaps I shouldn’t have come in the first place. If I had known it meant I had to stay in the same room as the Cajun for two nights I wouldn’t have.

But actually, it’s better my room than hers.

***

The next morning came fast. When I walked into the room full of high class political figures from across the world I knew I needed a drink. Wearing a loose black suit and a white shirt underneath, no tie, that crosses the line with me.

I shoved a hand into my pocket and counted how many cigars I had left. Three to last me the day. I can deal with that. But that means only three breaks from this hell for the day. Maybe cigarettes are better for that reason. An excuse to leave all these useless conversations twenty five times a day.

I felt a hand slap onto my back “Logan, I’m glad you made it.” I spun around to see Hank standing there a wide grin on his face, as he took in the world around him. Must’ve been like candy land to a seven year old considering his expression.

“Wouldn’t have missed it for the world.” I muttered under my breath before taking a swig of my Jack Daniels on the rocks. Harsh. But I of all people can hold the liquor.

I realized just a brief moment later that Hank seemed to be scanning his gaze over the crowd in search of something. Someone. I only recognized the ‘I’m looking for her’ gaze because I do it so often now. I smirked, rolling my eyes to myself before gesturing with my drink to the bar. “Storm’s over there Blue.”

He glanced in the direction I was pointing with a look of utter shock, embarrassment and joy. “Yes,” he murmured quietly and I wondered if he was going to deny it. “Well, thank you.” And he headed over to her.

The smile she gave when she saw him coming was enough to make birds appear.
Shit, why am I becoming such a fucking sap?

A woman entering from across the room told me exactly why. The dress she wore was a simple green, her favourite colour, bright and metallic. The material hugged all her curves perfectly, strapless with a thick black ribbon winding around the curve below her breast with a bow directly beneath them. It looked like silk, bringing out the colour in her eyes, while her hair tied up in a classy bun showed off that creamy light skin on her back. The fabric ended at her knees, the perfect length of elegance.

She looked beautiful.

The man beside her wore all black except his tie, which matched her dress perfectly, and his arm draped protectively around her waist as he smiled and greeted the guests that approached showed exactly what he wanted it to. She was his.

I chugged the rest of my drink.

“Take it easy tiger.” A sweet voice murmured too close behind me. I spun around quickly, defensively, unable to stop myself from reacting at her close range. Emma Frost placed one delicate hand on her hip while she sipped provocatively on the champagne glass she was holding.

“What’re you doing here?” My voice was thick with grudge.
She smirked as she read my expression. “I simply couldn’t miss this.” She raised one shoulder and dropped it casually. “With your little love triangle going on within the boundaries of such a large human gathering of world leaders.... I call it the perfect storm.”

My glare grew darker. “You’re gonna be disappointed.” I growled.
“Doubtful.” She sighed lightly. Her white dress sparkled as she moved around me like she was circling her prey before she came in close, her shoulder nearly brushing mine. “So come on Wolvie, how long are you planning on letting him have your girl?”

I recoiled away from her automatically, and in the motion headed to the bar for another drink, but she followed quickly behind. “She’s not mine.” I muttered under my breath as I set my glass on the table, motioning to the bartender for another. “She never was, and she never will be”

“Someone is feeling inadequate.” Emma purred. She turned around and leaned against the bar, her eyes staring across hall at the couple everyone seemed to be staring at. She smiled calmly. “I understand why you’re feeling this way Logan. I mean he’s... the hero, everyone loves him, girls fall over their feet for him and he’s a gentleman and you’re...”

“Not.” I cut her off.
“I’m sure you’ll find a reason to intercede.” She murmured.

And with that she walked away, leaving me alone at the bar.
Chapter End Notes:
“Je vous ai manqués mon chere.” means "I missed you my chere."

Comment!