Author's Chapter Notes:
Sort of rushed this, so let me know if there's any mistakes. Thanks!
I grabbed a few books off my shelf for the drive out to his cabin. I hadn’t the slightest clue where it was, all I knew was that the drive would take about four hours. My one bag had basic essentials, and I did everything I could to not bring anything to distract me from the wilderness. Logan said he’d teach me to fish and we’d cook it over an open fire.

As I placed my last few items inside my bag there was a knock on my door. “One second!” I called, assuming it was Logan. They knocked again. I threw my bathroom bag into my other bag before jogging to my door. “You’re so impatient...” I muttered opening it.

Remy grinned back at me. “Gambit!” I exclaimed launching myself into his arms. “You’re back!”
He wrapped his arms around me, squeezing me and kissing the top of my hair gently before pulling back. “Remy missed you.” He admitted gazing into my eyes half heartedly. I was always wondering why he spoke in third person. I had assumed it was a Cajun thing, but now I was starting to believe differently. “Come on, we’ll go for dinner.” He took my hand and started to pull me out.

“Shit,” I muttered. “Can’t. I’m going camping with Logan.”
His eyes narrowed. “Alone?”

“Yeah, Jean couldn’t go so now I am instead—” I started mumbling. He set one finger against my lips to make me stop talking, before smiling. His red eyes, which would strike fear into most, only seemed alluring to me. I could tell he was thinking about something, but when he got that look he’d never tell me.

“Have fun chere,” He purred calmly. I rolled my eyes at him before pulling out of his arms and zipping up my bag.


“I’m sure I will.” I told him certainly.
His eyes darkened again, and I couldn’t be sure what he was thinking. I didn’t bother asking. He had been on a mission Xavier had sent him on for the last two weeks, there wasn’t a point in wondering what he was thinking about.

“Comin’ kid?” Logan grumbled from the door. I wondered how long he had been within hearing range. I glanced at him and nodded, grabbing my bag and leaning in to give Remy one last hug before I left.

He took me in his arms a bit too intimately, and kissed me gently on the cheek. “Be safe chere.” He murmured quietly, as though he didn’t want Logan to hear, but knew he could.

I rolled my eyes at his comment. “I’m with the most dangerous man alive.” I pointed out.
Remy’s gaze flickered to Logan and then back to mine. “My point exactly.

He was holding my hand, which I set on his chest as I started to pull away from him. “Bye Remy.”

Later when Logan and I were in the car I kept my eyes on my book while he drove. I took a deep breath, before I noticed him glance over at me. I finally set my book against the chest after the third time he looked over at me and sighed. “What is it Logan?” I asked.

He shrugged, his eyes focused on the road again. I rolled my eyes and was about to return to my book before he spoke. “What did you do with Bobby the other night?” He asked as though making polite conversation. But there was ulterior motivation behind his words.

I shrugged back at him. “Not a lot.” I answered nonchalantly. “Went for dinner, played some pool, and came home.”

“That’s it?” He muttered.
I reached behind his seat into the cooler for a drink. “What else could have happened?” As I opened my can it sprayed slightly, before I glanced over at him and saw his expression. Only then did I realize what he meant. “Oh my god!” I gasped. “You mean did I sleep with him?”

He glanced over at me, one eyebrow raised at being caught, and both hands on the steering wheel now. Far less casual. “Well?”

I folded my arms across my chest, more amused than distraught. “I don’t see how that’s any of your business.” I said, taking a sip of my drink. I put my feet up on the dash, getting more comfortable.

He growled not looking at me now. “Fine.”
“You have no right to tell me who I can and cannot sleep with.” I pointed out, my voice coloured with authority and annoyance. I took another gulp of my drink.

He was silent a while; clearly not amused with what I had said. My eyes narrowed. Now I was somewhat angry. “So how’s Jeanie?” The way I said her name was more mocking of his little nick name than anything. I glared out the window.

“She’s fine.” He answered, his voice far less of a grunt now. “How’s Remy.”
“He’s fine.” I muttered. “The difference is, I’m not dating Remy.”
He rolled his eyes at me, “But he wants more.”

I was taken aback with surprise. “How did you know that?” I breathed. “Did he tell you?” Remy had been trying to get me to go steady with him for the last month now. But I’m not into dating at the moment. For whatever reason, I’m not interested in anyone. And sometimes that extra spark is necessary.

He shook his head. “Come on.” He murmured. “Most the guys in that school smelled of arousal as we walked through. And I’m pretty sure I wasn’t the one doing that to them.”

I couldn’t help but smile. “You can’t really be sure.”
“That’s true.” He chuckled. “So, you gonna go out with him?”
I sighed. “No.” I wasn’t sure, but I thought he was smiling.

***

I looked at the “ladies” bathroom door, trying to summon the courage to go inside. In truth, I’m a total wimp when it comes to bathrooms. All I wanted to do was look in the mirror and make sure that when I fell asleep in the car, it didn’t totally mess up my hair.

I could practically hear the flies from outside. The only reason I wanted to check my hair was because, you never know, some hot guy might be right around here. It wouldn’t be the first time I was picked up by someone on a road trip. I smiled to myself thinking of Logan.

Speak of the devil, I glanced over and saw him there leaning against his truck. “Hurry up.” He mouthed to me.

I shook my head and walked back around and into the gas station. A slurpee, M&Ms and a bottle of water later I was at the cash register. The guy there was just a bit taller than me, and looking extremely bored as he rang up my items. He looked like someone I used to know. And old friend from a long time ago, and I suddenly felt hollow as I remembered his name. I missed him horribly.

I stole a glance at his name. Bret. He finished ringing up my items and glanced at me for the first time. Pain hit me again and I suddenly felt like I had completely abandoned my home. “Is that all for you today?” He asked. Out of the corner of my eye I saw one more thing I needed.

I paid him and as I walked out. “Thanks Bret.” I murmured. He nodded and I went to Logan’s car. I hopped in only to meet his glare.

“Way to take your time.” He paused. “You okay?”
I shrugged. “No.”
“What’s wrong?” He murmured, his voice sounding worried now. “Did he—“
“No, he didn’t do anything.” I reached into the bag and handed him the beef jerky. “We’ll talk later.”

He grinned at me. “Thanks.”
Chapter End Notes:
Doesn't hurt to comment. :P