Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah yeah. Long time no chapter. I honestly thought I was done with this story... some things never end huh?
The chaos that erupted around me was nothing but a faint hum in the back of my mind as I stared down at his lifeless body. I leaned over Logan’s torn and bloody suit, my arms flung carelessly around him. I buried my face into the collar of his shirt, feeling the tears well in my eyes and faintly attempting to blink them away as I felt a hand on my shoulder. When I turned, I simply saw Remy peering down at me with his dark gaze, but burning with sympathy I didn’t deserve.

“We have to get out of here chere.” He murmured trying to take my hand. I shook him off as though he had burned me, without even thinking it. But I felt the pull of my power the second his skin neared mine. As though I had been starving, and it wanted to feed.

“Don’t touch me.” I whispered, but turned back to Logan. His eyes were closed, all his limps awkwardly rested around him. “I’m not leaving without him.” I murmured, louder now. Behind him I could see the members of the brotherhood, outnumbering us in mutants and strength. He nodded numbly before disappearing out of my sight. I took a deep breath and pulled the gloves off of the body of a brotherhood member, and took Logan’s hand for a moment with a squeeze, before standing up.

I caught Jean’s eye from across the room, and her fiery gaze flickered to the body at my feet before turning to a glare as she looked back up to me. I had never seen such anger in my life, but I had felt it on the rare occasion that I had lost my mind in the insanity of frustration and pure agony. In any normal instant, I would have glanced away from her glare immediately.

But I wasn’t that scared little girl anymore.
I’m Rogue. I could kill her if I wanted.

Just then Pyro saw me, and with a small amused smirk began sauntering casually towards me, with two other large men following behind him. I smiled slightly, I need an exercise. I lifted one leg and then the other so that I could slip off my massive black heals. Tossing them to the side I flexed my fingers and cracked my neck, finally settling into a defensive stance. “Bring it.” I hissed.

He lit his lighter and brought the flame into his hand with a smug grin, until he saw the fire shoot through the air into my palm. Not only my power was back, but the power of everyone I had ever touched had a full battery. I shrugged before extinguishing it. “Let’s play fair now John.”

His smile had curled into a fierce and angry snarl which didn’t disappear as he sprinted at full speed towards me, fists clenched with full intentions of hitting a girl. I revaluated my posture, before spinning around to gain momentum and facing him in time to kick him in the chest, flinging him back a few meters, sprawled on the floor.

I was about to remark about the fact I could have done this in heals after all, but instead I suddenly felt that I couldn’t move any limb in my body. I peered upwards only to see Jean, walking towards me with her hand outstretched in front of her, and her eyes flaming.

“I never understood girl’s need to be the other woman.” She hissed like a snake walking close so that she was standing just a few feet away, holding me perfectly still. “Can’t have happiness for yourself so you need to ruin everyone else’s?” She demanded, her voice broken and tormented.

John stood up behind her, coddling his arm as though he must have injured it. “You… Wait what happened?”
“Shut UP John!” Jean’s other hand thrust towards him viciously, a force field sending him flying across the room hitting a marble wall, probably dead.

She turned back to me abruptly, and I saw the wind around her swirl her hair as she let the anger engulf her. “Only fair that I burn your soul for letting mine die.” She snarled, her eyes glancing insinuatingly down to Logan. With that she made a motion, almost like she was simply pushing someone out of her way, but it sent me hard against the back wall, locked there without any way of escaping. It felt as though I was being crushed between two unstoppable forces. I closed me eyes as the pain crushed down on my bones.

I was only vaguely aware of Storm and Emma trying to stop her in the background noise. But I couldn’t bring myself to hate Jean for what she was doing. I understood what it was like to see him with someone else, and if she was feeling something anywhere near as strong as what I had felt, I can’t blame her. Even as I heard the sound of the bones in my arms crack, I kept my eyes closed, till I heard a familiar noise.

It was the sound of blood trickling.
The incredibly beautiful chime of metal.
But most importantly, it was the sound of six blades slicing through the skin between his knuckles.

When I opened my eyes she was on the ground, and he stood over her, staring down. His white shirt stained with blood, the sleeves ripped to shreds exposing small peeks of his muscular arms. Before I had time to say his name, I fell to the ground, too weak to even hold my broken arm to my chest. Logan was looming over me in a split second, his eyes an unidentifiable emotion as mine were desperately trying to close.

“You’re alright,” I whispered brokenly, and tried to smile. His face crumpled slightly, his jaw clenching as he pulled off his suit jacket and wrapped it around me before he gently slid one arm under my knees, the other behind my back as he picked me up and started walking I don’t know where. “You were right.” I whimpered.
His brow furrowed, and I thought I felt his arms tighten slightly. “About?”
“Should’ve worn the boots.”

His body shuddered against me as he chuckled sort of harsh laugh that clearly even he didn’t believe.

I wasn’t aware I had closed my eyes until I opened them to notice that we were in the blackbird, me still in his arms as he sat down, resting me on his lap and laying out my legs on the bench next to him, even though I couldn’t feel anything. He didn’t know I was awake yet, so for the moment I just watched the way his eyes scanned over my body, resting on my hands where I was wearing gloves. I saw the light in his head turn on, and at that he glanced to my face, finally noticing me watching him.

He lifted my hand to remove my glove but I pulled away from him immediately. “No.” I whispered. “Don’t.”
His eyes softened as he looked at me, brushing a strand of my messy hair behind my ear. “You take too long to heal.”
I knew it was wrong of me to want to savour this moment while it lasted, but I couldn’t handle him yet. The tears welling in my eyes spilled over.

“I don’t want to know what you’re thinking.”
His expression hardened at that, but that was the last thing I said before blacking out.
Chapter End Notes:
Do comment. I'm curious what people think of this...