~Chapter 10~

Carrying her cold and body into the med lab, where Hank proceeded to place a sheet over her, Logan growled. Pushing him out the way and uncovering her peaceful face, he caressed her jaw.

Looking away, Jean coudn't help but feel responsible. Anger aside, Scott stood by her and wrapped an arm about her.

Holding both Jubilee and Kitty as they wept for their now deceased best friend, Bobby coundn't contain that of his own.

Holding Storm from falling, Kurt leaned heavily on wall.

Head lowered, Xavier closed his eyes to keep the tears at bay.

Even the students who only knew her for a short while, were a wreck. Caro was attempting to keep the water from leaving his eyes, but losing the
battle, as both Alice and Melody leaned on each other for support.

Whiping her face, Emma sighed. "There is a possibility that you can save her."

Instantly all faced her.

"There is a mutant who is gifted with the ability to go to the past and interfer. He is known for helping others, but it is his choice to do so."

"You speak of Warp?" Xavier voiced.

She nodded.

"He was killed."

"No, he wasn't. He now resides in France and...If you want to save Rogue, he will take you to the past, but there's a catch."

"I'm listening." Logan stated, as he covered his love's face and turned around.

"Once in the past, he will leave you there and wherever you are, you will have to play out the events. But be warned, when you change the past, not all is garenteed to occur the same."

"So how far back will I go?"

"Wherever you heart sees her dieing."

"What do you mean?" Hank stated.

Releasing a breath, Emma frowned. "True Warp has the ability to go into the past and alter a thing, but when another wants to, they are stuck. Whatever reason you have for seeking him out, that is what will lead you in the past. Like for instance, you maybe taken back to when Rogue found out about you and Jean or just before she died. Your heart is what leads, so you might even be thrown years back. Are you able to accept that?"

Looking down at the caked and dried blood on his shirt, he sighed. "As long as she lives, I'll do anything."

Nodding, she went to make a call.
***********************************************************
Sitting at the table and hearing footsteps, she gave a small smile. "Is he coming?"

Logan nodded. "He'll be here within the next two hours."

Sipping her tea, Jean sighed. "If you are taken far enough back, you won't..."

"I will never have slept with you and started all this crap." He finished, grabing a beer out of the fridge. "It's my fault she's in there."

"No, it's all of our faults."

Turning, they found Xavier in the kitchen's entrance.

Glaring at shim, he said nothing.

"I deserve your anger and I welcome it freely. I was not righ,t in what I spoke to you about your intentions towards Rogue. I should've just butted out and I apologize dearly for it." Moving towards him, he held the flashdrive out. "Whatever time frame you are in, you need to change what just happened, as well as Kurt's attempted assination of the President. When you arrive, you need to share what you learned with myself and I shall contact Emma. If we can avoid a repeat of what occured, then please do as I wish." Turning , he slowly left.

Looking down at the small think in his palm, he pocketed it. "I'm going for a walk."

Watching as he left, Jean placed a hand on her stomache. "Looks like everyone's future is about to change. Let's just hope, it's a turn for the good."
*************************************************
From his position leaning on the counter, Logan raised an eyebrow. "This is Warp?"

Smiling, the rather old man smirked. "Don't let my looks fool you. I can also alter my age and such." Blinking, his white long beard shrunk and before them appeared a young man, who seemed no older than twenty-eight. "Now tell, are you ready to make the time jump? It's very nausiating and makes you dizzy. Once you step through the portol, it will close and there will be no way back. This is life changing and you will take the place of yourself during that time frame. So I will ask again, are you ready?"

"Whenever you are, bub."

Smirking, he waved his hand and a portal appeared. "Step through and may the Gods lead your hand."

Frowning at what he said, he pushed off the counter and walked over.

"When you meet me again, remember why I am bitter towards you." Emma voiced.

Pausing he nodded.

"And don't forget to..."

"Quickly before it closes." Warp stated.

Nodding and giving all a silent goodbye, he entered the portal.
********************************************************
Feeling himself being pulled in all directions, Logan frowned. Before he could analyze it further, he found himself back in the mansion. Looking up towards the steps, he frowned.

"So, ya' running again?" A southern twang of a voice, sounded from his left.

Mouth going dry, he couldn't breath.

Walking up to him and smiling, she quickly frowned. "How long will you be?"

"I uh...I think I'm going stick around for a minute." Reaching out and touching her streaks, he smiled. "I like it, it brings something to your eyes."

Blushing, she opened her mouth to reply, but Bobby called her name.

Looking from her to popsickle, he recalled they were dating. Or at least on the verge of dating. Calming his beast, his hand on the duffel bag tightened. "Go on and and have fun, I have to speak with the Proffessor."

Giving a smile, she bounded off.

Watching as she returned, he headed for the Proffessor's office.
**************************************************************

"Good, Spike. Now calmly call them back." Xavier hashed, as his few students smirked or giggled as a spike went flying through a window. "That shall be all for now. See you all tomorrow." Watching as they left, he caught sight of a tall figure. "I thought you would be gone now."

"We have to talk."

"About?"

"The future and whats to come."

And with that, he began to rehash what happened.
*************************************************************

Climbing up the steps to his room twenty minutes past midnight, he was exhausted. First he had to explain everything to wheels, then to Emma via satalite, and lastly go over the files on the fashdrive. He was ready to crash. Opening his door, he froze.

There in his bed lay a slumbering Rogue, with her books scattered all about. No doubt she was doing her homework and fell asleep waiting on him. But the way she was laying across the bed brought images to his mind that....

Releasing a breath and recalling what he and Proffessor agreed on, he walked over. Taking a seat on the edge of the bed, he gave her shoulkder a small nudge.

Cracking her eyes open and spying him, she gave a tired smile. "Hey Logan." Her low voice sounded, inthe quite of night.

"Hey ya' self kid. What you doing crashing in here?"

Yarning and sitting up, she started to gather her books. "I wanted to tell you thanks."

He raised an eyebrow at that. "That could've waited until tomorrow."

Blushing, she looked down. "I wanted to see what you thought about the school."

Nodding and walking over to the dresser, he pulled out a shirt. Stripping out of his sweaty and worn one, he faced her. "It don't matter what I think, but it's a nice little thing they got going here."

Standing with her books in hand, she smiled. "So you'll be sticking around then?"

Eyeing her, he walked over. "Are you afraid I'm going to leave and not come back?"

Looking down, she nodded.

Sighing, a thought occured to him. Reaching in his pocket, he grabbed her hand. "Here. Take these. So no matter where I go, I always have a reason to come back."

Opening her hand and finding his dogtags, a true smile raced across her face.
"Now get to bed, before one eye comes looking for ya."

Laughing, she left his room.

Watching as she turned the corner and entered the student's dormetries, Logan sighed. "She's going to be the death of me." Closing his door, he collapsed into the bed.
*********************************************************
"So he mentions Emma and some mutant who is believed to be dead and you just welcome him in the X-Men?" Scott bellowed the next morning, as all sat in the briefing room.

"He has proof to back everything up?" Storm inquired.

Nodding, Xavier pulled up a file from the flashdrive. "Here are a name of mutants that are led to have participated in expiriments in the past and soon to be future."

Looking at the first three names at the top, Jean frowned. "You never told me you ever participated in it?" She demanded, facing a frowning Scott.

"I would rather not think about it."

Logan laughed. "Why, because I saved you?"

Narrowing his eyes, he walked off.

"So he really did come from the future?" Storm voiced.

Xavier nodded.

"Why did you come back?"

Looking down, he folded his arms. "Someone I loved and hurt, died because of me."

"Who?"

"Don't worry about it?"

She frowned. "Don't you think we would like to know?"

He gave Xavier a hard look.

"Such information does not need to be divulged at this time. For I do not need to have you all acting weird and out of character. The only thing you are all to know, is the attacks that are to come and the mutant experimentations that occured. That's it."

Nodding, she fell silent.

"So what are we going to do?"

"When Hank returns, I wish for him to share this information about mutant experiments at the live D.C. confference next week. This would open the eyes of all those that have a mutant for a child, relative or even friend. From there, we will take it as we go." Looking at his watch, he sighed. "Class should begin in twenty minutes, go tend to the students."

Watching as all left, Logan eyed him. "I want to teach self-defense."

"No. That is Scott's class and..."

"Then do what you did before?"

Xavier sighed. "What did my future self do?"

"You moved Storm to Environmental studies, as Scott took over her class for History, and I get self-defense."

"How do you know Storm would want to teach something, that does not exist?"

"Because she has alot of expierence to share. Before she had her mutation, in Africa she had to use her surroundings to defend and help her survive. Since we are teaching the up coming X-Men, don't you think they should have more skills to help them survive?"

"I see the logic you speak, but I do not want to arrange anything, until I speak with them."

Nodding, Logan left.

Shaking his head, Xavier couldn't fathom what he got himself into.
************************************************************
Exiting the locker room and turning down the hall, Rogue about screamed.

"Scared you, darling?" Logan's voiced, as students passed him by.

Smiling, she shook her head. "No. So what brings you over here?" She asked, as she fell into step with him.

"You done with classes today?"

She nodded.

"Good. Go dress and meet me in the garage." Taking two steps, he paused and glimpsed her over his shooulder. "Wear something that don't have nice written all over it."

Watching as he walked off, she couldn't get the butterflies out of her system. Running up the steps and dragging Jubilee and Kitty into her room, she ran through her entire closet, until she settled on something she bout when she and the girls went shoping the other day.

Thirty minutes later, she couldn't help but feel self concious, as every guy she met eyed her, or practicly drewled over her. At the bottom of the steps, she found the Proffessor smiling at her.

"You look lovely, Rogue."

"Thank you, Proffessor."

"Tell Logan I said be on his best behavior and have you back by midnight."

Nodding, she exited the house.

Walking along the stone path to the garage, she smiled as she spotted him on the black motorcycle.

Eyeing her black tight and form fitting jeans and matching leather boots, he raised an eyebrow. Lifting his gaze and seeing the low cut long sleeve shirt she bore, he struggled not to claim her as his.

"So, how do I look?"

"Stunning. Ever been on a bike before?"

Shaking her head, she pulled her air up in a pony. "I'm a bit scared, the tell the truth."

"Hop on and hold on. I'll do the rest."

Nodding, she saddled up behind him and slid down till her theighs were riding his hips.

"Now place ya' feet on the keg." He stated. "Now hold on and relax."

Before she could reply, he took off.

As they raced down the driveway and out the gates to the streets, neither noticed the firey eyes watching them, as they went.
*******************************************************
"It's Rogue, ain't it?" Scott stated, as he entered the Proffessor's office.

"What gave you that idea?"

"He's basicly stalking her."

Sighing, Xavier nodded. "There's alot that he told me and part of it has to do with you and....Let me just say, I am glad he came to change what all would've happened."

"It's about me and Jean, isn't it?"

"It is not for me to say."

"She calls his name out, while she sleeps." He calmly replied. "He may have returned to make sure she lives and he gets his happy ending, but not all of us may."

"I'm sorry, Scott."

"No, you have nothing to be sorry for. I seen it coming, from the first time she looked at him. I just hate the fact that Rogue had to be hurt in the proccess."

"I do as well, but now I don't see that happening."

Nodding, the two fell into silence.
************************************************************

Pulling up to the bar and parking, both got off. Pausing at the doors, he faced her. "I know you don't call this fun, but this is all I know. Just stick close to me and stay in my line of vision."

Nodding, she followed him into the bar.

Instantly, she felt like vomiting. "The smell will grow on you." He whispered in her ear, as he draped an arm around her shoulder, and led her to the bar.

"Let me get two shots of gin." Watching as the bartender did his thing, Logan motioned towards the steal cage. "I'm going to do a few rounds, but I want you up front, where I can see you."

Nodding, she looked at the two glass before them.

"Take it if you want, kid. I'm not forcing you." Downing his, he ordered another.

Shrugging and doing the same, she started to choke.

"Guess I should've mentioned it was strong." Laughing, he ordered another. "Now that you got the taste down packed, care for another?"

Looking at it and back at him, she shook her head. "Are you trying to get me drunk?"

"What gave you that idea?"

She simply pointed to her now refilled glass.

"Hey, you only live once. So live it up."

Taking a seat on the stool, she raised an eyebrow. "Me and Kitty over heard Scott and Jean saying that you came from the future, what did they mean?"

Sighing, he took her shot and slammed the empty glass down. Placing a ten on the counter and grabbing her arm, he led her over to an empty pool table. Hefting her up till she sat on it, he stood before her. "Do you honestly want to know? It's no something that I think would help you, only confuse you." He roughly stated.

"Tell me.

"Yeah, it's true."

"Why would you do that? Can't that change everything?"

"Thats the point."

She frowned. "Why would you do that?"

"All for you, Marie."

Leaning back, she raised an eyebrow. "Me? What do I have to do with...What happened to me, in the future?" Staring him dead in the eyes, she could've sworn she saw tears gather.

"You died, Marie."

"How?"

"You were shot."

"My mutation could've..."

He shook his head. "You died instantly."

Seeing the pain sketch across his face, she sighed. "It's more than that, ain't it sugar?"

Nodding, he closed his eyes. "I slept with Jean and you found out. Because of me, you didn't..."

"Say nothing and was torn about telling Scott and staying loyal to you."

He nodded. "But only, you were the one that was hurt. Your mutation manifested and you were out of control and..." Pausing, Logan grabbed her hand. "Promise me, you will never cutt yourself again. I don't care how much pain you are in, give me your word you won't resort to that."

Lowering her gaze, she nodded. "I won't."

Pleased, he raised a hand to her face, but droped it to her shoulder.

"What is it?"

"Nothing. Don't worry about it. Come on, I feel the itch to fight."

Allowing him to drop the subject, she followed him over to the cage.
*************************************************************
"You wished to speak with me, Proffessor?"

Nodding, he sighed. " I wished to share with you what I have recently learned and thought you could shine some light on this issue."

Nodding a taking a seat, Hank raised an eyebrow. "What issue?"

Handing over the file on his desk, he sighed. "It would seem the the mutant I spoken to you about, has come from the future."

"Are you sure this is true?"

Xavier nodded. "I have confirmed it with Emma and must say, I am still in a abit of shock myself."

"Why has he come back to the past then?"

"He wished to save the life of the young mutant who arrived here with him. It would seem in the future they share feelings, but certain actions has pulled them apart. I for one am to blame, but..."

"You? What have you done? Or rather, the future you?"

"I threatened to kick her out, if he wished to pursue her. I know I said it, for I thought that the very second, he spoke of him loving her."

Hank nodded. "I understand. Where is he now?"

Sighing, he leaned back in his chair. "Out at a bar, I fear with her."

"A bar? "

He nodded.

"You did not object?"

"Yes, but I knew he would do so in the future. We came to an agreement that he would not push her for more than she could handle, and I will stay out of it."

"And what of the other's?"

He shrugged. "I did not agree on their parts and I expect that they have figured out what has began and will soon pass. I am not worried at all, but only one person, I have sensed a change in. It's slight, but i feel it."

"Who?"

"Jean."
***********************************************************

Watching as he punched the man in the gut, Rogue shuddered. True, she liked watching him fight and all, but she could only take so much of busted nose after nose. Holding his shit, she stood and moved for the bar. Taking a seat and looking back, she found him eyeing her. Giving a smile, he returned back to the challenger, who dared to get in the ring with him.

"Want anything, little bit?"

Looking up, she found the lanky bartender eyeing her. "Uh...I'll have a Molasas."

Nodding, he handed one over. "You have quite a man over there. He would've had some competition for you, if it wasn't for him geting in that cage."

"What do you mean?"

Leaning closer, he motioned towards the table filled with brutes, a little ways down. "A few of them were heading you way, but after he handed two men their asses, they tuck tail."

Smiling, she took a sip of her beer. Forcing herself to swallow it, she ruled out it being better that whatever that was Logan gave her. Releasing a breath and watching as the man went back to serving drinks, she missed the man who sat beside her.

"So what a pretty little thing like you doing here, with grandpa?" He casually asked, eyed her chest.

Rolling her eyes, she stood. "Excuse me, I think grandpa's calling." As she took two steps, she found him in her way. "Move."

"You see, women never walk away from me, until I'm done talking. And you little mama, gonna listen."

Looking behind him and spotting the cage was empty, she smirked. "If I was you, I'll leave before something hit's you on the ass." She boldy stated,
filled with Southern sass.

Narrowing his eyes and balling a fist, he swung on her. Having his fist caught, he found an angry man glaring at him.

"You wasn't going to hit my woman, now were you?" Logan growled, as his hold tightened and a cracking sound could be heard.

Falling to his knees, the man were close to tears. "No. Now let go."

Smirking and giving her a look, he winked. "Gladly." And with that, he kneed him in the face, sufficiently knocking him unconcious.

Staring down at him, Rogue frowned. "I don't think he deserved that."

Slipping his shirt on, he raised an eyebrow. "What did he deserve, darling?" Grabbing her beer and taking a stronge pull, the bartender handed him his share for fighting.

"A kick down below and a broken nose would've did fine."

Him and the bartender laughed. "Give me two burgers, a fry, and a limonade." Turning and draping an arm about her, he led her towards the tables around back past the pool tables. "That's a little harsh, don't you think?"

"No. If he can't treat a lady right, he don't deserve to have fun, it you know what I mean." She teased, as a busty woman walked over and brought her drink over. Watching as she gave him a smile, Rogue wanted to scream.

"Anything I can get you?" She voiced, as she bent down to show her chest.

"I'm good." He replied, not even looking at her.

As she turned to walk away, Rogue shifted.

Thump!

Looking down at the frowning woman, she feined sadness. "I'm so sorry."

Coming to her feet and dusting herself off, she narrowed her eyes and walked off.

"If I didn't say any better, I would say you were jealous." He teased.

Folding her ams, she shrugged. "That was rude."
Shaking his head, he eyed her. "How are you and popsickle doing?"

"Who?"

"Bobby, I think his name is."

"Fine i guess."

"You two not dating yet?"

She frowned. "Yet?"

"Oops. Guess I let that slip."

"Spill."

Sighing, he finished her beer and motioned for another. "Ain't nothing to tell. You and popsickle were together and well...let's just say it didn't end well."

"You mean because of Kitty?"

"How did you know she had something to do with it?"

"Since two days ago, they kind of been geting close." Sipping her lemonade, she sighed. "You didn't tell me everything, about the futrure. What are you hiding from me?"

Leting the waitress plass their food on the table and give Rogue a glare, he sighed. "Guess I won't be coming back here in a while."

"For real, what happened between us?"

"You became distant and cold towards me. And when you left, it got even worse, when Jean found out she was pregnant and..."

"You knocked up Jean?"

Slowly nodding, he popped a fry into his mouth. "Yeah and a whole lot of drama started."

"I didn't take that too well, I imagine."

He nodded.

Taking a bite of her burger, she sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just remembered I have homework due tomorrow, I didn't start."

"What subject?"

"History?"

"About war?"

She nodded.

"American Civil War? War World I? War World II? Pick one, I've been in each one."

Eyeing him, she frowned. "So your like over three hundred years old, right?"

"Something like that."

Laughing, they finished with nice and easy going chatter here and there.
**********************************************************
Looking up at the moon as they rode back to the mansion, she sighed. "Thanks."

Raising an eyebrow, his gaze stayed on the road ahead. "For what?"

"Tonight." She whispered, as she nuzzled her face in his neck. "I had fun and just...thanks, Logan. I needed this."

Smiling and reaching back, he gave her hand wrapped around him a squeeze. "Anytime, Marie."

Eyes ahead, he continued down the road, as for the first time, he knew what awaited him in the future. And with his girl by his side -rather she realized it yet or not- he was ready for whatever life could throw his way.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading and I know I just ended it alln suddenly, but I'm busy with work. Hope you liked it and I'm sorry for all my errors. Well thanks for reading.