~Chapter 4~

Entering the dining hall and having all go silent, he sighed. Making his way over to the teachers table that was to the far left, he plopped down in a chair. "Is it just me, or are any of you having an aweful day?"

Swallowing his hamburger, Hank frowned. "Now that you mention it, in chemistry I had a select few who kept interrupting to share something that seemed to have happened in your self-defense class, earlier."

Sighing, he shook his head and looked over the students. "Me and Rogue kind of got into it and..."

"She declared the end to your friendship?" Storm finished, with a disapproving voice. "Whatever you did to that girl, has broken her spirit. I have never seen one so off and quite in all my days here. I even asked her to stay after to speak with her."

"What did she say?" Jean demanded, as her and Logan shared a look.

"Nothing. She simply stated that she was not feeling like herself. I proceeded to push, but I got the impression that she is keeping a secret to protect another."

Sighing, she shook her head. "It's sad to see her in such a state, but that is the cost of giving your all to another that does not see and ignore." Facing the blue burly man, she frowned. "I fear that she will start on a path of self destruction and soon harm to herself will begin."

Scott scoffed. "You can't be sereis. Rogue is a very bright and intelligent young lady. Yeah I know that she maybe hurt, but self harm? That's a little extreme don't you think?"

Grabbing his hand, Jean nodded. "I must agree. That is extreme, even for her."

Storm sighed. "I have seen too many women who gave their all and had it slammed back in their faces. And Rogue is already on that path. She is now rebelling and acting out. It's only so much she can do, before she is left with trying to make the pain go away."

"Have the Proffessor said anything about her?" Logan stated, as he spotted Kitty and Jubilee settle down at their regular table and looking towards the entrance. No doubt searching for their choice of topic.

Nodding, Hank gave him and Jean a hard look. "Yes, but it is up to her about what she wishes to do. He has gave her a few options and will let her choose."

Shrinking back and into Scott's side, Jean was consumed with guilt. "What kind of options?"

"Ones that will forever change her as well as the X-Men."

Falling silent, all was consumed by their thoughts.
***********************************************
Releasing a breath and entering the dining area with her plate, she opted for the secluded table off in the shadows. Taking a seat, she took two bites of her slice of pizza and pushed it away. Closing her eyes and seeing Logan and Jean in the throws of passion, she gasped. Opening her eyes, she found the room spinning.

"Hey Roguey." Jubilee chirped, taking a seat.

Holding her head, she gave a small nod. "Hey Jubes." She weakly stated.

Seeing her dilated pupils, she frowned. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, why you ask?"

"You don't seem so well, chicka."

Standing and grabbing her tray, she made for the garbage bin. Dumping her food in it and placing the tray ontop, she sighed. "I'm just tired and feeling a little
stressed, I guess. Nothing sereis."

Eyeing her, Jubilee wrapped an arm around her. "Then go to your room to get some rest."

Nodding and looking over Jubilee's shoulder, she found two pairs of eyes staring at her. Opening her mouth to speak, she found her throat once more dry. As images raced through her mind, she felt drained. And this time, it wasn't just of them, but all the trials and things that she and Logan been through.

Legs giving out on her, darkness soon claimed her.
Going down with her, Jubilee quickly manuvered so she was leaning on her, instead of falling onto the marble floor. Turning, she found the teachers rushing over. Facing her friend, she attempted to change positions, but suddenly found herself immobile.

Looking down at her hand that was cracking and bleeding profously, she gasped as she couldn't breath. Staring down at her friend, who was steadly gaining more color, Jubilee soon follwed her into the world of unconciousness.
**************************************************
Turning over, Rogue frowned and slowly opened her eyes. Finding titanium walls around her, she sighed. "Not again."

"I see that you are awake, my dear."

Sitting up and finding the Proffessor to her right, she rubbed her head. "What happened?"

"What is the last thing that you recall?"

"Talking to Jubes about needing to go get some rest and then...nothing."

"You passed out, once more." Pausing as the others entered, he soon continued. "It would seem, that this time you were more effected then the last."

"What do you mean?"

"Your mutation strengthened as you were out." Hank stated, coming to her other side and taking a look at the machines that she was hooked up to. "Your mutation as you know is known for taking the life force or even another's mutation for a select time, but that was not the case as you were unconcious. It seemed that it strengthened and
was able to work through your clothes."

Gasping, she frowned. "Jubes! Is she okay?"

Nodding, Jean pulled back the curtain to reveal a slumbering Jubilee. "She's fine. She is now merely sleeping."

Releasing a breath, she faced the Proffessor. "Why is this happening?"

"You my dear, are more special than I have ever imagined. It would seem that your mutation is tied more to your emotions, than it is all others. Your body is being effected due to the stress and new event that occured recently."

Looking from Jean to Logan, she felt her heart speed up.
Closing her eyes and counting to ten, she slowly calmed herself. Releasing a breath and slowly opening her eyes, she found all gawking at her. "What?"

"Your skin gave off a soft glow, Rogue. What was it that you just did?" Hank demanded.

"I uh...I just calmed my self from having a panic attack."

"This is normal for you?"

"No...but when I was younger and my parents were thinking of geting a divorce, I was known for having them all the time."

He nodded. "Thats understandable, but do you know what's causing this now?"

"Yes."

"What is it?"

Silence.

Frowning, Scott sighed. "Rogue, I know that you are protecting someone and wishing to not reveal what you know, so you do not hurt them. But this is harming you. We need to know, so that we could help you."
Blinking, tears gathered in her eyes. "You're the one person in this room that would be hurt the most. So answer me this, do you want everything that you have and believe to be true, torn away?"

Looking into her eyes, he frowned and shook his head. "No." Sharing a kiss with Jean, he walked out.

Once he was out, the tears fell. "I'll go."

"Are you sure?" Xavier asked.

Nodding and pulling up her sleeves to reveal scorched and marked flesh, she ignored the other's comments. "I need to leave and get help. If I stay here, I won't."

Glimpsing her arm, Storm frowned. "Whatever it is that you are not saying, cannot be worth your life. Even if you get help, you will one day return to whatever it is that's causing you such pain and may possibly permently injure or even take your life." Placing a hand on her shoulder, she sighed. "Please, Rogue I beg you. Tell me so I may help."

"I...I can't."

"Whatever you think you feel for this person can't be any real. If they can sit here and watch as you are steadily killing yourself and sit back and say nothing, then that indivisual don't diserve your loyalty. Tell me, is that something that you honestly feel is worth your sanity and possibly your life? They would rather watch you die, then to tell the truth to releive you of all the stress and pain you are in. You are too bright for all this and you know this is wrong."

Feeling the anger and rage at what she said boil to a front, Rogue jumped to her feet and stared her in the eyes. "You have no idea what I feel."

"Maybe I don't, but I want to. Talk to me. Why won't you tell us?"

Yanking the i.v.'s out of her arm and off her chest, she sighed. "Dont you get it, it's not my secret to reveal. They kept it and I'm not going to get in it more then I am."

"And what of you being hurt?"

"Then I'm going to be hurt."

"Even at the risk of your own health?"

Eyes hardening, she gave a jerk of a nod. "If that is what I wish, then yes. I will keep it at the risk of my health."

Shaking her head, Storm slowly exited.

Sighing, Xavier gave her hand a squeeze. "If this is what you truely want?"

"It is."

"Then I shall make all the prepreations. What day do you wish to depart?"

Releasing a breath, she sighed. "After the wedding."

Jean gasped. "What? You're in it and..."

"After the vows are said, I'm boarding the plane and leaving." She finished. "I do not wish to remain here longer and witness all that is to come."

"What do you mean?"

Glimpsing Logan, Rogue frowned. "You as well as everyone in this room knows what's wrong with me and why. They all know that consequences are coming, but tell me, are you ready for it?" With nothing else to say, she left the four in awkward silence.
**********************************************************
"What do you think?" Storm asked.

"It's beautiful." Rogue replied, from her position on the foot stool.

"Stop slouching, you will ruin the fabric." The taylor stated, as she added more pearls on Jean's dress.

Grudgingly standing, she folded her arms.

"Don't worry about her. She's a perfectionist." Storm
whispered in her ear, as she started to take off her heels. "Just one more day and she'll be married. It's sweet I think."

Facing her, Rogue raised an eyebrow.

"She and Scott known each other since they were fourteen. And as the years went by, they got closer. It's just, their love that they share makes you so envious and wishing for the same."

"Trust me, you don't want that." She mumbled.

"What was that?"

"You will and it will be stronger." She replied, as Jean gave her a look through the mirror.

Smiling, Storm walked off into the bathroom to redress into her casual clothes.

Sharing a few words with the taylor and seeing her out, Jean returned to where she was at. "You are mad and I understand why, but please don't ruin my wedding tomorrow."

Shaking her head and removing the heels, Rogue about laughed. "I maybe hurt, but I wouldn't do that to Scott."
"And me?"

Looking her dead in the face, her facade dropped and she was once more cold; as winter itself. "I could care less about you, Jean. You come off telling everyone right from wrong and look at what you're doing?"

"I don't have to justify myself to you."

"I'm not saying you need to. But you dare sit there and be the mediator between me, Bobby and Kitty monthes ago, and you're doing the exact same thing you told them not to do. You have no right to judge anyone." Hearing the door open, Rogue forced a smile on her face and headed for the bathroom. Just as she moved to pass Jean, she was pulled into a hug.

"If you mess something up tomorrow," she began to whisper in her ear, as Storm gave them both a warm smile. "I swear, I will make your life a living hell."

Pulling back and smiling, Rogue tilted her head. "Tomorrow will be beautiful, no question about it." Kissing her check, she gave her a hard look and headed for the bathroom.

Watching as she went, Jean got the feeling karma was going to start coming back full circle.
And tomorrow was a perfect day for it to start.