~Chapter 5~

Watching from the window as all found their seats and gossiped below about the soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Scott, she wanted to roll her eyes.

"It's almost showtime girls." The taylor voiced, as she began her rounds on checking the gowns.

Folding her arms as the persistant woman picked and tugged at her, Storm sighed. "If you tighten that anymore, I'm going to send you to the seven winds." She voiced, as her eyes started to cloud over.

Hands in the air, the taylor took a step back.

Shaking her head, Jean laughed. "Lighten up Ororo. She's just making sure that everything is fine and as it should be."

Biting her lip to remain silent, she gave Rogue a pointed look.

Shrugging, she settled and claimed a seat on the window ceil. Spotting something far off in the shrouded area of trees, she could've sworn she saw something. Blinking, it was gone. Shaking he head, she stood and slipped out of the stuffy room.

Once free of the taylor of a monster, she released a breath and decended the steps. Allowing her mind to drift to all she spoke with the Proffessor about her departure, she lost her footing.

Arms flaring out in an attempt to catch her, she found herself cuddled into something warm. Taking in a breath to try to still her rapidly beating of a heart, she froze at the scent that greeted her.

The wilderness of the woods, mixed with a hidden scent of desire.

Eyes snapping up to the man who boldly caught her, a major frown spread over her face.

Placing her on her feet and taking a step back, Logan eyed her. "You need to be careful, ki...Rogue." He stuttered at the last second.

Giving a tight nod, she remained silent.

"Look, I just want to say that I'm...Well, I'm very...." He sighed. "Awe hell, I'm sorry for all this and what's going on with you. "

She folded her arms. "Is that all you're going to say? Because after all that I've been through, I would think that you would have a whole speech ready." Raising her hand, she silenced him. "Just don't, Logan. I don't want to hear it and don't care. I have always been here for you and I'm plum tired of coming in second place. And especially to a woman that everyone think is impossible to do no good. No less have an ill thought."

Sighing, she turned towards the vace with white lillies and fingered the petals. "I have been patient and I'm done. I have been there for you during everything. I risked my life for you when you were abducted on a mission. I was there when you became consumed withe the fact that you wouldn't beable to find your past. It was me, and it continued to be me." Pausing, she faced him and the look in her eyes, stopped him cold. "I even lost a wonderful boy and pushed him away for something that I thought could be."

"Marie, I..."

"I'm not Marie no more and never will be again. That sweet southern belle, that you rescued and swore to take care of, is gone."

Frowning, he reached out for her. "Don't allow what happened to distroy our friendship."

Slapping his hand away, Rogue narrowed her eyes. "Friendship? Is that what you call leting me lose my mind?"

"I knew you wouldn't tell and in time would be okay and..."

"What if I cut my wrist too deeply and died? Would you and that bitch tell them then?" She about yelled, as some guests as well as students walked past.

"Yes. I wouldn't let it get that far and..."

"What of the wedding? Don't you think thats far? She is going to be commiting herself before God and cradling a lie?"

"That's her descion."

Shaking her head, Rogue reached into her purse and handed him a small box. "Like I said. I'm done with this lie and washing my hands of you... Goodbye, Logan." And with that, she walked off.

Frowning as she vanished around the corner, he opened the box and stilleed at what was inside.

His dogtags.
*************************************************
"And do you, Jean Grey, take Scott Summers to be your lawful and wedded husband?"

Looking into his face and seeing such love, she couldn't help the guilt that suddenly bombaded her. Blinking, tears fell. "Scott, I have to tell you..."

"Shush," he soothed, as he caressed her jaw. "Whatever it is, we can work through it. I love you Jean and I know that our love is beyond anything that you could have to confess."

"But I..."

"I don't care, Jean."

Blinking, she claimed his lips in a deep and seering kiss.

The paster smiled. "I'll take that as an 'I do'. I now give you Mr. and Mrs. Summers."

Standing and cheering, all greeted the newlyweds.

All except for two people who were nursing broken hearts and those with a heavy heart.
********************************************************
Watching as all entered the house, Rogue shook her head and moved to the side of the mansion, where her bags were being packed intos the car waiting her. Sighing, she looked back at the school that became a home for her. Allowing a tear to fall, she took her leave.

All the while, missing two sets of eyes on her person.
One from the top floor, as the other......the forest.
**********************************************************
Watching as Jean and wonder boy danced, cut the cake, kiss, and take picture after picture, Logan headed back for the steps.

"You know this won't end well."

Pausing, he eyed the blue furball. "What are you going on about now?"

Sighing, Hank placed his hands in his pockets. "The truth still has not been revealed. Thus when it is time for it to truely come out, there shall be more then just that one untold truth."

"And your telling me this, because?"

"A fair warning, my friend."

Rolling his eyes, Logan walked away. "Fuck off."

Continuing to his room, he missed the knowing look that crossed Hank's saddened face.
************************************************
Thanking all who placed all their freshly opened and new wedding gifts in their room, the two were off.

After a ride to the airport in a limo and a three hour plane ride to the Bahamas, Jean couldn't quite stop geting the feeling that something was about to happen.

Hours later after dancing and a party in their honor, the couple about collapsed into bed, she sighed. Just as she kiss Scott, she knew something was wrong. Pushing him back and making for the bathroom, she emptered her stomach's contents.

Sitting back and cleaning her face what seemed like hours, she found a frowning Scott in the doorway with his arms crossed.

"When was your last cycle?" He demanded.

"I don't remeber and..."

"Bullshit!" He yelled and grabbed her arm. Turning her around and forcing her to face him, he narrowed his eyes. "When?"

"Three months ago."

Eyes going wide, he took a step back. "I was gone on a mission for the entire..." Gaze instantly going hard and cold, he spun on his heels. "Pack your shit, we're returning home."

Watching as he stormed about the room regathering his belongings that he just put up, Jean felt such loathing for herself. Part of her knew that she was pregnant, but she hoped that he wouldn't do the math and figure it out. Cursing, she hurridly gathered her stuff.
**************************************************
Exiting the gym with his class, Logan smirked at the scent that blew in with the wind. Turning down a magnitude of different halls and coming to the mansion's front entrace, he smirked at the irritated and angered look on Scott's face.

Walking over and standing beside a frowning Xavier, he raised an eyebrow. "What stick got shuved up your ass?"
Eyes of pure loathing and anger narrowing, they landed on Logan. Without any word, he tilted his glasses. watching as he was shot backwards by his heatblast vision, Scott made to pound his face in. Just as he made a fist and moved to punch him, he was imobile.

"This is not going to undo what has been done." Xavier stated, as he held him still with his mind.

"What is going on?" Storm demanded, as Hank shook his head. "What aren't you all telling me?"

"It would seem that my wife has not only been gracing my bed, but his as well." Scott bitterly stated as the Proffessor released him.

Gasping, her eyes landed on Jean. "Why?"

"I...I just..."

"Gave into the lust that you always had for him." Her husband stated, and kicked the unconcious man in the gut. "But would seem it goes even deeper, now."

Hank frowned. "What do you mean, deeper?"

Turning, he gave his wife a pointed look.
Sighing, tears fell from her already puffy eyes.
"I'm pregnant."