Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this one has taken so, so long. My concentration was blasted in every direction when my parents took a direct hit from Cyclone Yasi. Scary stuff. Then school started and with it, two sets of ballet lessons, two sets of swimming lessons, reading, school tours yadda yadda. This chapter has been brought to you by many glasses of G&T and liberal doses of Guns 'N Roses. Beta by the lovely and talented SkyblueRae - thank you sweetheart.
World War I? Kitty stared at the screen in front of her, but it remained unhelpfully blank. She knew when it started – 1914 – and the full roster of Allied and Central powers, but … a term paper that did not make.

She needed help. She needed Rogue, who had actual memories of the assault on Vimy Ridge. Kitty glanced at the clock – 10.15pm, but she could hear Rogue singing along to something through the wall, so she was still awake. Kitty grabbed a notebook and phased into the room next door.

“Ro …” Kitty’s vocal cords seized up with the shock, and her body faded back into the plaster in a completely instinctive retreat.

Rogue, naked. Arching and panting and touching herself … but, but - it couldn’t have been. She must have been hallucinating. Wolverine wouldn’t do that, didn’t think of them like that. There was no way she could have seen … she nudged her face forward, just a little, until the layer of plaster was so thin it was translucent.

Just in time to see Wolverine lower his face between Rogue’s legs, and do something that made Rogue scream. Watch him collapse back into the chair and – oh my GOD, was that his … Kitty flung herself backwards through the wall to the safety of her own room.

She sat on her bed, shaking. Was she delusional? Wolverine was their teacher, for heavens sake. He wasn’t that type of man. He was noble, and brave, and growled at Jubilee when she tried to flirt with him and while everyone laughed about his women, no one had ever actually SEEN him bring a woman home, so he …

And Rogue never even flirted with him, she just watched him and he watched her and sometimes the look in his eyes …

After all, they had arrived at the school together, and she was so young – even younger than me! – and even though at first everyone had assumed …

Kitty stopped battering herself with the scary logic and sunk onto her bed, head in hands. She’d seen what she’d seen. Now she had to figure out what to do about it.

*

Marie could still feel the aftershocks rippling across her skin when she opened her eyes to a feast. Logan, slumped bonelessly in the chair at the end of her bed, hair sticking up in every direction, and sweat glistening across the hills and valleys of his muscled torso.

Jeans still open, cock still in hand. She blushed. It was one thing to bring yourself to orgasm as a man watched, but to look at him, and see the evidence of his own release … OK, she was being silly. It was far more embarrassing to wonder if you’d put the entire school on alert with your scream. But they weren’t here yet, and Logan was, looking like six kinds of sin she was just dying to commit. And if she had helped put that utterly satisfied, replete look on his beautiful face, so be it.

Marie wanted nothing more than to curl up in his lap and go to sleep, but she wasn’t sure if that was allowed. They hadn’t discussed rules, or what would happen afterwards. Did they need to? Probably, she realized with a sinking feeling. This was a school, and she was a student, and he was a teacher. There were rules even for breaking the rules. They needed to figure out what to do. Plus, she wanted to snuggle.

“Sugar?” She wasn’t sure what question she was actually asking, but figured they had to start somewhere. He lifted his head – she blushed scarlet when she realized where his gaze had been fixed – and surprised her with a slow, gentle smile.

“Sorry, darlin’. But fuck if that isn’t the most beautiful thing I’ve seen in my life.” He didn’t sound sorry at all. He sounded happy and relaxed and his voice had an honest sexuality to it she had never heard before. She had done this – the untouchable girl!

Her embarrassment evaporated. “View’s pretty good from here, too, sugar. But I’m getting kind of lonely up here.” She pulled the sheet from the bottom of her bed to cover herself, and moved towards to wall. “Think we’ll fit?”

He rose to toe off his boots and strip off his jeans. “Oh, we’ll fit, sugar. We’ll fit.” She was still smiling at the double entendre as he enfolded her in his arms, tucked her head under his chin and whispered tiny kisses on her eyelids, sharing his overwhelming need to sleep, as well as deeper emotions that wrapped her in a blanket of calm.

Tomorrow, they would deal. Together, the latest incarnation of Logan-in-her-head promised.

She slept.

*

Jubilee bounced on the balls of her feet and got ready to hurl Iceman over her shoulder. She hated early mornings, but she loved combat, so she’d forgiven the Wolvester for inflicting a 7am class on them. She loved the precision of the moves, and the feel of her muscles doing as they were told, but most of all, she loved the sheer ludicrousness of being able to fling a tall, strong boy over her skinny little shoulder. She was working her way up to Colossus, but right now … whooping Bobby’s cute ass gave her a happy.

She felt the rush of him and grabbed his wrist as she twisted her body and found the pivot point, and – whump! – he hit the mat in front of her. Victory salute – oh fucking yeah. Her hands were still in the air when she realized her best bud, Roguey, was paying absolutely NO attention.

Roguey had just flipped the Wolverine, and was bending over their combat teacher, smiling. No victory dance there, though, just her bending over and looking straight into his eyes. And him, into hers. They were having some sort of moment, Jubilee shrugged. They did that sometimes.

Then his eyes dropped from Rogue’s, and travelled down her throat, and landed in the neck of her leotard, where – it had to be said – Roguey was scarily bare. He didn’t look scared, though … and oh my God! Had he just touched her with his bare finger? On her breasts? Jubilee’s mouth dropped open as she watched the Wolverine’s finger dip into the neckline of her friend’s leotard. It was so quick, she wondered if she’d imagined it … until she watched him put the finger in his mouth. Sucking it. Holy shit. That was not a moment. That was foreplay!

Wolverine heaved himself from the floor, then, and if he was shaky on his feet, only Jubilee seemed to know why. Kitty had her back to them as she attempted to flip Colossus, and Bobby was on the ground behind her, winded by his rapid acquaintance with the ground.

“Holy shit, Jubes. You’re not really meant to try and kill me,” Bobby groaned, forcing her attention away from Rogue and the Wolverine. Kill him. Huh. Well didn’t THAT take the imagination to interesting places, she realized, seeing Wolverine’s dislike of Rogue’s ex-boyfriend in a new light.

“Oh, I don’t need to kill you, Bobby. We’ve got the Wolverine for that,” she grinned at him, adding under her breath “and now I know why.”

*

Shadowcat had rings under her eyes like a panda, Logan observed. Her balance was off and her pathetic excuse for a throw hadn’t even lifted Colossus off his feet. Now, he knew that 7am Combat wasn’t everybody’s favourite class, but was it too much to ask that they were fuckin’ awake?

“Kitty, you’re wasting everybody’s fucking time. If you need more sleep, go and get it!” Logan snapped at her after she fumbled a hold for the third time. “You’re not sick, are you?” he added as an afterthought. Girl looked like a sick panda, he thought sourly. Not like his girl.

He thought he had glutted his senses on her last night, but he’d been wrong. Her scent no longer tortured him – instead, it wrapped him in the sweet balm of remembered satisfaction. He breathed deep and easy now, enjoying her. But his eyes … they hated having to look at anything other than her. They hated having to look away, and not dwell on the miracle of smooth skin, and toned muscle and the sacrilege that required she actually put clothes on that body.

He’d been gonna pair her with Colossus as per usual, but when it was time to hit the mats, he’d been as surprised as anyone when he decided different. “With me, kid,” he’d said. Not even bothered to make up a reasonable explanation, just backed her into the corner and tackled her to the ground.

She’d sprung up and he’d lectured her about holding her stance and bracing herself on the front foot, and she’d looked up at him through long eyelashes and pouted. Fucking pouted! Now, he was willing to admit that things had changed between them, and that the whole student-teacher thing was on shaky ground, but some things didn’t change. Just because she’d finally found out what it did to him when her top lip puckered like that, and the bottom one just begged to be sucked into his mouth … hell no! This was friggin’ combat class - there was no pouting in combat!

He narrowed his eyes at her and the warning growl just slipped out. Fuck this sexual tension bullshit - not as if that ever went away – but they weren’t here to play. He rushed her and dirtied up the move with a low punch at her abdomen. Marie spun out of the reach of his fist, caught the other arm and used the forward momentum of the punch to neatly flick him over and onto his back. He tried not to beam with pride as he lay there winded, when Marie’s beautiful face came into view. She was bending over him. Bending forward. Tightening her arms at her sides to push her tits up and out of the not-restrictive-enough sports bra and God of Mercy, those rosy red little nipples were standing up to say hello.

Logan raised his eyes to her laughing ones, and stared into them for moment. The laughter vanished, and dark chocolate seemed to catch fire, molten lava in her gaze as soft arousal was replaced with heat, and wanting. Now. Right now, her eyes demanded. He closed his eyes for a moment, and prayed his loose pants would hide what she did to him.

“Come here.” He had spoken before he’d even opened his eyes, let alone had a chance to think.

She bent forward further, their faces just inches apart. Logan ground his teeth at the wave of lust, and looked away from her eyes, telegraphing everything she wanted to do to him. Looked down.

And then he was touching her. One finger, tracing down, down, down into that lovely, dark place where sweat kissed his finger just before the pull began. As buzz turned to bite, he thought of licking her there. Peeling off that leotard and finding every bit of sweat on her body. Turning her over on the mat and fucking her so hard she wouldn’t be able to walk the next day, let alone take 7am combat class.

He saw the moment his fantasy registered. Smelt it. Sipped the air and reveled in its urgent musk. Found his finger in his mouth, and tasted it, the salt of her sweat making dizzying promises of other tastes. And even as the draw robbed his body of movement, he smiled.

*
Chapter End Notes:
Next and final chapter isn't far away.