Author's Chapter Notes:
Happy Valentine's Day, northern hemisphere peeps. My husband surprised me with chocolate fudge icecream before bedtime last night, so I felt I need to spread the Valentine's Day cheer ;) I've jumped the gun on my poor beta here, so forgive the typos etc that she usually picks up. Hope you are cuddled up with your men, SkyblueRae!
Marie felt him inside. Unlike the others, Logan-in-her-head had always been a benevolent presence, happy to throw down to win her some peace, or talk her through situations she felt ill-equipped to handle. He was her touchstone. Usually.

Right now, he was … bothersome. Conspiring with her already overheated imagination to drive her insane. Whispering lewd suggestions and replaying Logan’s fantasy on an endless loop. The licking. The sucking. The no-holds-barred, on-your-face, ass-in-the-air fucking. She fancied she could feel the bruises forming on her hips, and blinked with surprise to see the gleam of lycra when she glanced down to check. She felt his amusement ripple across her skin when she discovered she was clothed. Still sitting in Wolverine’s class. Watching him try not to watch her.

His eyes kept swinging to her and then away as he talked them through tomorrow’s Danger Room scenario. Perhaps she shouldn’t have taunted him that last time, uncrossing her legs so slowly that they were both drowning in the smell of her. He had stopped, mid-sentence, eyes dark and fists clenched, and for a moment she swore he was going to yank her forward and straight to him. But he recovered, even if he had looked a little dazed, and gone straight back to talking about … whatever it was he had been saying.

He called it ‘the wanting time’, she mused. Something biological, unique. She rolled her eyes at the thought - yet another thing that marked her out from humanity – then smothered the giggle that followed. At least she wasn’t suffering alone anymore, she thought as she watched him stalk the room. She pressed her thighs together hard and did a tiny shimmy that released a million sensations to feed her ravenous clit, just a little. Even with that, her breath caught, and she felt her eyes close for a moment of private pleasure.

“That’s it. Class dismissed!”

Marie was the only one not surprised by the barked command. She could taste herself in the air, strong and musky and so close to coming it was torture to them both. His voice trembled and she knew she was testing his control. She would apologise later, but now, she wanted to bask in the heat radiating from him, and roll in the smell of him … need, sharp and urgent. Unbearable.

Her classmates clattered around her as they threw their soaked workout gear into their bags, and fled the room, unable to believe Wolverine had cut the class short.

“Coming, chica?” Jubilee hesitated by the door, flashing a questioning grin as her eyes flicked between Rogue and Wolverine. It was a question, but not a real one, Marie observed idly, still caught in her sensual haze. She answered without even looking at her friends.

“No, I need to talk to Logan about something.”

“Uh huh.” Jubilee laughed as she pushed Kitty out the doorway of the gym, and closed it behind her. Weird. Everyone knew the door to the gym stayed open.

*

“Talk?” He stood over her as she sat on the floor, looking towards the whiteboard covered with tactical diagrams. She was pulsing still, caught in the endless stretch between thoroughly aroused but not quite there, and she couldn’t bear it. Marie collapsed onto her back, and opened her knees wide, inviting him in.

“Oh god, please,” she moaned. The desperation in her own voice shocked her.

“Well, we could talk. Or, I could …” his voice was rough as he dropped to his knees in front of her. She waited for the rest of the sentence, but it never came. Instead, he started to run his fingers over the black seam between her legs, short nails catching on the lycra and oh God, finding all the slippery bumps and crevices underneath.

It was enough. At that moment, it was everything, her dazed mind told her as she erupted in long, wrenching waves of bliss. Her body shook and her newly honed senses were so overwhelmed by the assault, the smell alone sent her over yet again. He pulled her to him, and she shuddered in his arms for endless moments of mindlessness.

When sanity returned, she realized they were tangled together on the floor of the gym, with the never-closed door banged firmly shut, at peak pre-breakfast workout time. She reeked of sex, and was sitting on something huge that suggested exactly what they had been doing.

“Logan? I think we need to go somewhere else.” She wriggled. And it felt so good, she had to do it again. This time in a circle that put him right … there. He leaned back a little, balancing his weight on one arm while he positioned her over him with the other. And thrust, stabbing deep. For a moment, she felt him inside her, before the unforgiving lycra expelled him again.

“Gym floor!” a chorus inside her head reminded her. Marie felt like telling the chorus to fuck off and come back later, but … if he did that again, they wouldn’t be moving from here. If he did that again, she would be losing her virginity on the floor of the gym within the next half minute.

“Logan. We need to move.” She looked back at him, jaw set and eyes serious. “I need you inside me. Properly. Now.”

He grunted, and lifted her to face him, wrapping her legs around his waist. Now, this was a position they should have tried out in combat class, Marie thought. Every inch of him, making love to every inch of her. She locked her heels behind his back and gave his cock a few little nudges to remind him she was there.

“Quit it, Marie. It’s your first time, and I refuse to fuck you up against the wall,” he growled.

“It’s not like that’s even possible, Sugar,” she laughed, stilling her movements all the same. When he cocked a wicked eyebrow, she realized that maybe she should have had a little peep at some of his memories. She went quiet, considering the possibility.

“Quit thinking, Marie. I’m too close to the edge as it is,” he groaned, rubbing his face in her hair as he carried her through the gym, to specialist rooms out back. Spa. Sauna … ah. Massage room. Massage bed, she remembered, as he kicked the door open.

He dumped her unceremoniously back onto the cushioned massage table, and was unzipping his pants when suddenly, he stilled. Crashed a broad palm to his forehead, and slapped himself. “Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck.”

Marie smiled at his little tantrum, then made a show of fishing inside her bra for the condoms she had once liberated from the medlab. It had been a prank, designed to convince the others that yes, Jean DID keep condoms down there, but right now, she was almost thankful the bitch was so prepared.

“Fuck? Yes please, Logan.”

He bared his teeth at her, ripped one of the packets out of her hand, and had sheathed himself before the smile had faded from her face.

“You sure about this, girl?”

“Oh, for Christ’s sake, Logan! Yes! Just don’t call me ‘kid’ when you are inside me, though. That would be weird.”

He stared at her then, and some of the feral faded from his face. “You are a kid, Marie. I know that. That’s why this has been so hard for us. But – I finally figured out that you are woman in every way that counts, and you were MY woman from the minute you yelled out in that bar. You are mine for as long as you want to be. And I’m facing the fact that I’m probably gonna be yours a lot longer than that.”

She opened her mouth to object, but he shushed her, stepping between her knees to bring them forehead to forehead as she sat on the high massage table.

“So if you don’t want me, say so now. Because I don’t think I can do this, be inside you, and walk away. Not any time soon. And I am one possessive, mean, uncouth son of bitch, so you better be sure you want me around.” The turned down mouth was back, and that sour look that spoke of doubt and self hate. It made her wonder if she should believe him. For a moment.

“Watching you walk away breaks my heart, sugar. Every damn time. I’m not doing this to keep you with me, but if that works, hell of a payoff.” She kissed him, directly on the lips, fast. “I can’t live my life pretending, Logan. Pretending not to know you, pretending not to want you. Pretending I don’t care when other women flirt with you in front of my face. I cannot fucking do that.”

She harnessed her ire and ran gloved fingers down his chest, tracing each indentation with awe. “This body is mine.” She leaned forward, and traced the flat, masculine nipple that stood sentinel over his heart. “This heart is mine.”

Her hand dropped down, past his navel, and further, to slowly travel the length of his latex-clad cock. “And by God. This. Is. All. Mine.” She slid off the table to drop to her knees in front of him, and placed a quick kiss on the end of his cock. Hestitated, and then another, open-mouthed. And then, just to see if she could, she pushed herself forward onto the length of him, and began to suck.

His hips began to nudge towards her face, and his hands dropped to her shoulders, and then moved to her head. She could feel his hands smoothing through her hair, and smiled when the gentle touch grew stronger, and more rhythmic.

“Fuck, baby … so good.” His hips snapped towards her mouth and he let out a tortured groan that made Marie laugh with the power of it. He wrapped his hand around her hair and yanked her from him with a little more force than necessary. Scooped her clean off the ground and deposited her in a rumpled heap on the massage table.

“Thought you wanted me inside you. Lie back.” She shrugged, and did as he commanded. Masterful, meet Logan.

“Open your legs.”

“Yes, master.” Ooh. The eyebrow. Oh. Oh. The claws. She felt herself turn liquid, and blushed at the surprise on his face as he registered the fact. Blushed even further when surprise turned to a predatory grin. He retracted the set and then slid them out again slowly, for pure effect.

“Stay still, kid. Wouldn’t want any blood on these nice, shiny claws.” And with a flick of his wrist, a small slit in the crotch of her lycra workout pants made all things possible. Marie’s heart began to pound and her nerves screamed – too dangerous, too much, too open, too vulnerable, too much. But something else inside of her was screaming louder. Screaming for him.

It was that part of her that sat up to watch as he spread her legs wide and ran the tip of his cock up and down, up and down over her swollen labia. Up and down, up and down, until she was panting with greed. Up. Down. Up … she locked her ankles behind his hips and yanked, pulling him into her. Inside of her.

This. This feeling. The chill of the white cushions under her ass; the heat of Logan between her splayed knees. His chest, rising under her hands, and breath, delicious in her face. His cock, stretching her in places that she hadn’t known existed. Inside of her. The knowledge of it blasted out every other sensation. And then he began to move.

“Slowly”. He grunted out the word with such concentration, Marie knew she wasn’t meant to hear it. It was a chant to chain his slipping control. “Gently. Slowly. Gently. Slowly.”

“Logan! No! Please. I need more…" her voice broke, and rather than beg, she bucked her hips in demand. Suddenly, his scent changed, a darker, earthier edge creeping in as he battled for control. She could smell the wildness rising as his hips nudged forwards to drive him deeper, and then deeper again. Still gentle, but his teeth were bared, and that vein on his arm – she had to bite him there. Now. Bare lips made it impossible, but a hard pinch from her fingers made his eyes snap open and he saw her soul.

“All of you, Logan. I need it all.”

She heard a strangled roar, and felt his hands slide under her ass, slamming her to him. Onto him. Something shattered inside of her – pain, bliss, sorrow, she had no idea - and she simply shattered with it, convulsing around him as slid her up and down his cock. Sobbing with pleasure, and howling with pain, she threw her head back, and keened. And felt him jerk inside of her, again, and again, and again.

When she floated back to herself, Marie dropped a kiss on his covered chest before pressing even closer to slump over his shoulder. His chuckle reverberated through her, and she would have laughed, too, if she’d been capable.

“Tired, darlin’?”

“Mmm. Good tired, though.”

“Anyone would think you weren’t getting enough sleep,” he teased, as he sat on the massage bed and then settled her into has lap.

“I got more sleep last night than I’ve had in months, sugar. Usually I wake up in the night, and find it hard to settle back down.” Desperate and wanting, dreaming about you, she could have added.

“Know what that’s like. We sleep well together.”

Marie held her breath, wondering if he could possibly be going where she thought – prayed – he was going. Didn’t want to say a word for fear of backing him into a corner. “Uh huh.”

“If you wanted …” he coughed, then tried again.

“We could sleep like that every night. Be good for us both.”

“I guess, if we were careful not to let anyone see us, and quiet, nobody would have to know,” Marie said, the thought of it surprisingly repellent.

“Fuck that. I want everyone to know. If they want to throw me out, we hit the road together. I can look after us – four good fights pays for an entire winter up in Canada, and in the summer we can go wherever you want, darlin’. You could finish high school – even go to college, and I’ll be happy to be wherever you need, Marie. Whatever you need.”

Tears. There were tears tracking down her cheeks, and the salt of them served to remind her of all the other times she had cried over this man. Never this, though. She had never been happy like this. She turned her face up to his, and pledged her troth.

“Just you, sugar. You’re everything. All I need.” She paused, remembering the nights of frustration and the tears she had shed wanting him, but unable to bridge the gap between them. “I think that’s what it was, Logan. The wanting time. It was my body, or maybe my psyche, telling me it needed you. More than it needed anything else – not being an X-man, not being Rogue, not being a student, or a teenager … those things were good, and important, but … they’re not you. They’re not us.”

The feeling grew in her bones. This was it. Truth. She chased the thought to its ultimate conclusion.

“We’re only us when we’re together. True to ourselves, the people we need to be. The X-men, they mean well, but they were trying to turn us into something else, and something inside of me knew that. And decided to do something about it,” she said wonderingly.

He considered the idea, and shrugged. “Maybe. The geeks will never get it, that’s for sure. They had me convinced that I was wrong to want you. Stupid. Perverted.”

“Not stupid, sugar. Smarter. It’s what it means to be a feral – your instincts are older and smarter than humans, or any other mutant … they are ancient. Based purely in the senses. You can’t hide from them, or deceive them, or ignore them too long. You know the truth, even if you can’t see why. You just have to learn to trust it.” And yourself, she thought. Trust yourself, Logan.

He shifted her from his lap, and for a moment, she thought he was running. Again. But then he turned to her, and held out his hand.

“Well, kid, right now my instincts are telling me I need some more sleep. In a big, wide bed, with a warm, curvy girl next to me. And after we’ve slept a bit, we’re gonna fuck like bunnies until everyone in the Mansion knows just who the Wolverine’s got in his bed, and just how much she’s enjoying it.”

Marie smiled. “Sounds like a plan, sugar.”

*

They left the gym together, his arm wrapped firmly around her shoulder, and her hip bumping his. They made no attempt to wash, or hide the marks on her delicate skin, or their slumberous, satisfied smiles. They climbed the stairs together, entered his room together, and sunk gratefully into Logan’s double bed. Together.

Minutes from oblivion, Marie pushed her stocking-clad foot under his, not wanting to relinquish her connection to him, even in sleep. Logan did the same, wrapping his hand over her hip and pulling her closer. Neither were aware of the hole that let the bare skin of her big toe push through to embrace his, and the happy buzz of her skin as a result.

Locked in the sweetest of dreams, they slept on. And her skin, sated, fed them thoughts of love, and comfort, and unity. The wanting time had burned all else away, leaving only truths to be told in all five senses.

***************

fin
Chapter End Notes:
Yup, I'm done. Hope you enjoyed. Thanks for reviewing!