Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, maybe, I should have reined in the ol'muse...I tried to tone it down, really I did, but this is what the muse wanted and so this is what the muse got. For better or worse you gotta keep the ol' muse happy or they whinge in a corner like bitty little girls.
Logan was no fumbling teen aged boy and he intended for Marie to realize the difference between those feeble unlearned lips and his; there would be no tentative strokes or questioning pauses, instead he deepened the kiss, tasting her. Marie whimpered and her fingers found his hair, fisting it as she trembled under his lips.

Smiling against her lips Logan savored her stoking his tongue along hers, twining, and tutoring her until she was no longer passive under his kiss; she was humming, growling really, as she pulled herself flush against him.

The hand Logan had in Marie’s hair was wrapped and tangled in it, and he used it to arch her neck baring her throat to him. Pulling his lips from Marie’s Logan traced his eyes over her. Her beautiful, deadly skin was porcelain innocence stained with a rosy hue of want and with her vulnerable pose Logan thought she looked damned beautiful.

“Logan,” she whispered,questioning, when he simply stared.

“Shh, Darlin’, I ain’t gonna hurt you.” His softly murmured words were a caress, “Just wanted to look at you for a bit.”

That being said, Logan dipped his head and instead of meeting her lips he carefully grazed her throat with his sharp teeth; the slight abrasion would heal before his teeth even left her skin, but he would see it every time he looked at her. Marie sucked in a sharp breath, that didn’t escape until she felt his lips and tongue soothing the same spot that he’d savaged, and then she was panting and writhing.

Logan felt the overwhelming desire to growl mine, but he realized just how primitive that would make him sound and
Marie wasn’t ready for primitive, just yet. Instead, he kissed and lapped at her skin gently, as she deserved, outwardly calm whilst his inner self longed to twist her about to face the wall and pound into her with animal abandon. Even with his conviction that he should taper his frenzied need a deep resonating growl rumbled from his chest when she tore at his t-shirt until her shaking fingers found solid flesh to dig painfully into.

They needed to stop, he needed to stop, find his quickly fleeing resolve and step away, but her skin was so soft and her taste was the perfect mix of sweet innocence and spicy desire. Logan thought he could feast upon her for hours and, damned if he wasn’t tempted to indulge; with their shared healing factor Marie was the only woman he’d ever been with that could take that much of him and it was a heady thought.

“Logan,” she growled, “please!”

The broken sound of her plea snapped the iron control he had over himself for a fraction of a second, his mouth found hers and he thrust his tongue deep trying to consume her as he grasped her right thigh lifting her against the wall and urging her to clasp him between her spread thighs.

The keening cry she gave and bite of her nails down his back snapped his focus back to the here-and-now. Her body trembling as his hips thrust rhythmically against her clothed core and her throat convulsively swallowing as she pulled her mouth from his; eyes squeezed shut as her lips shaped incoherent syllables. He could smell her arousal and it skewered him.

“Marie,” Logan whispered, taken aback at how close he’d been to fucking her against the wall, as if she were like any of the bar trolling tramps he’d screwed in his abysmally long and evidently forgettable life. Marie deserved better than that,she deserved gentle caresses and slow, loving penetration. He’d fucked up, because there was no way he could pull away now, when she was so close to falling from the razor sharp edge into orgasm, without royally pissing her off.

Taking a deep breath, Logan closed his eyes just as tight until he had a fierce hold on his body’s reactions, but he maintained the grinding thrust of his hips.

“We need…I should…I should stop,” he groaned, his hips emphasizing his words and she whimpered shaking her head, cupping her cheek he turned Marie’s face to his seeking gaze and her pleasure glazed eyes met his. “But I ain’t gonna…So beautiful…Gonna make you feel good, Darlin’!” Brushing his thumb along her plump lower lip Logan watched as her eyes dilated and her mouth formed a startled, ‘Oh’; her peach-pale skin blushed pink as she came.

Swallowing, Logan slowed his movements and gruffly murmured soothing sounds as he stroked her hair from her sweat-slicked face. She was beautiful, in that moment, so much more beautiful than he deserved. He was still painfully aroused, but he did not seek his own pleasure; this was Marie’s and hers alone. He could give her this; she deserved this pleasure. Leaning in he gently kissed her slack lips as she trembled for him; his, for this moment she was his.

When she was finally able to breathe Marie sucked in a deep breath that turned into a sob and her arms and legs tightened around him as she tried to recover from his blatant touches. Logan was sure that losing control hadn’t been his only mistake. She was overwhelmed, he could smell it in her tears, but she refused to let him go when he tried to step away from her.

Tightening his grip around her waist Logan slowly moved away from the wall and carried her to the room she’d been sleeping in since their arrival four days previously.

Pressing his knee into the mattress he awkwardly settled onto the bed with her still wrapped tightly in his embrace. “It’s okay, Baby,” he murmured and stroked her back. “I’m sorry; I upset you, I didn’t mean for it to get so out of hand”

“Oh, Logan,” she cried, and her voice was a mixture of sorrow and joy. “Ya didn’t upset me…It was…It…Wonder if Ah’d gone mah whole life and never known?”

“Shh…Hush, baby! Even if he’d had his way,” Logan murmured, stroking her tangled hair. “You always had me…” He knew what she was saying; Xavier had decided her future for her and in that future she’d been untouchable, trapped. Logan hated the old man for that and truth be told was glad Phoenix caged within Jean’s mind, much like Rogue would have been within her own body, had ended his meddlesome existence. “…I wouldn’t have let that happen, Darlin’.”

“Thank you,” she whispered, pressing gentle kisses to his throat and licking daintily at his sweat drenched skin.

“Shhh…Sleep, baby.” Logan offered her his throat and reveled in the proprietary touches. It was strange it felt as if he’d been waiting for this girl, for her love, since he awoke on three-mile island; he’d found something, that might have been a dim imitation of it in Japan.

Long after Marie had drifted into an orgasm induced slumber Logan lay awake and wondered if he’d always been this love-starved thing? The answer was, yes. For all his feral tendencies Wolverine craved this intimate connection almost as much as Rogue had craved touch.
Chapter End Notes:
So, did I move too fast? Should I have them take a step back? Let me know...My muse is not to be trusted...;0)